Xtreme Gaming Network

Real Track Hungaroring

Author Topic: Real Track Hungaroring  (Read 12811 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Real Track Hungaroring
« on: July 23, 2016, 11:34:50 AM »
Just looking for a reasonable rip version of this track  ;D found this link https://yadi.sk/d/S22tZHaCcVWKy

I will put up a server with current conditions and the f138 cars using todays forecast conditions and tyre compounds. I can add the 2015 cars if people want those but I am still reading the manual and the 138 is a much simpler car to get your head around. I am just downloading the track now and will check the DRS zones and adjust to current ones if the mod track doesnt have these.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Real Track Hungaroring
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 01:06:11 PM »
Track record was 1:19.071 (2004) Michael Schumacher before this weekend...

Let's give the 2015 cars a go!! Come on! No need for any damn manuals...

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Real Track Hungaroring
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 01:20:15 PM »
I added both cars to a server there and set DRS zones as they will have this week.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 01:23:47 PM »
marty and rips --- hhmmmm  ;D

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 01:55:32 PM »
https://twitter.com/danielricciardo/status/756371302282366976

Haha, I laughed at the guy who edited the picture and put in where Hamilton crashed.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 03:47:28 PM »
marty and rips --- hhmmmm  ;D

Not normally one to use them but tracks 80% of all mod tracks are ripped from other games with only a few being scratch made and the exception. Also regarding ripped cars the worst part is that it actually needs someone to have at least half a clue about physics, tracks are just basic models and so conversions other then being too smooth most of the time if done well are not degrading from the actual benefits of the physics in AC. ;)

This track is a well done codies conversion most likely, the one at RD is also likely codies base but looks rubbish in comparison due to minimum effort in the conversion other then getting it in the game.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2016, 04:09:10 PM »
Yes. This one is quite good. Can see some of the elevation changes as well. How about the new f138 - new tires feel fantastic or is it just that this is the first Kunos F1 and it has their magic handling feel.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2016, 04:17:55 PM »
That f138 is a great car the other is too but I prefer a bit simpler car not needing so many different modes etc just to get the most out of the car. I checked and in 2013 the cars had softs and medium tyres to use so changed the server to these, with the hotter temps anyway the ss is fairly useless there. Its a pretty tricky layout especially at these speeds and its really not an easy car to learn a track in, I did wreck quite a few but did in the end have a slight clue about where the track goes. I can see another 4 seconds or so in better lines and setup plus cooler temps so getting down to the 1:19's in this car is possible but not likely very easy.

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2016, 08:53:41 AM »
I remember this being one of my  favourite tracks when I used to play one of the Codies F1 games.  It has some nice high and medium speed corners with some nice undulations.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2016, 10:48:59 AM »
The curbs seem quite a bit harsher then they are at the real track, I should have set server up to piss down rain though yesterday. I thought forecast was hot and sunny. Daniel got robbed of pole too and I dont see how Rosberg actually slowed enough for double waved yellows yet set a purple sector though that zone.  ::)

F1 is also using PLP now for track limits, still theres isnt very accurate only working 20cm outside the white line. In the gp2 race quite a few guys got done but for them it was 3 warnings then 5 second penalty. Even in real racing Im not a huge fan of that time penalty as it ends up so confusing with people not in their actual final postions.

If its dry in the f1 race I can see t4 especially cause lots of time penalties, it is amazing though when they know the curbs are wet and slippery they all easily kept 2 wheels on track yet once its dry nearly all go 4 wheels wide.  ;)

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2016, 12:08:10 PM »
I'm not sure how many we will see go off track in the race.  The problem with F1 is these rice-paper tyres so they all dawdle around in the race too afraid to push and go near the limit.

Anyway, the most important part is that a) Ricciardo beats Verstappen, and b) Rosberg beats Hamilton so we can see some more passive tantrums.

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2016, 02:26:46 PM »
The curbs seem quite a bit harsher then they are at the real track, I should have set server up to piss down rain though yesterday. I thought forecast was hot and sunny. Daniel got robbed of pole too and I dont see how Rosberg actually slowed enough for double waved yellows yet set a purple sector though that zone.  ::)

F1 is also using PLP now for track limits, still theres isnt very accurate only working 20cm outside the white line. In the gp2 race quite a few guys got done but for them it was 3 warnings then 5 second penalty. Even in real racing Im not a huge fan of that time penalty as it ends up so confusing with people not in their actual final postions.

If its dry in the f1 race I can see t4 especially cause lots of time penalties, it is amazing though when they know the curbs are wet and slippery they all easily kept 2 wheels on track yet once its dry nearly all go 4 wheels wide.  ;)

Rather than having slippery kerbs they need to have something there that actually slows them down, otherwise they are simply going to keep pushing until they are punished.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2016, 03:02:36 PM »
Rather than having slippery kerbs they need to have something there that actually slows them down, otherwise they are simply going to keep pushing until they are punished.

Grass was quite a deterrent back in the day, though for safety reasons they have asphalt runoffs now and before that if you went 2 wheels wide you ended up out of control and flying into walls. Walls are quite a deterrent too but when you see how good all drivers lines are in the wet managing to stay inside track limits because outside the track its too slippery then maybe having the first 2m outside the white line real slippery. Then if they go wide it really is an error as nobody would go there on purpose, you could have asphalt runoffs Paul Ricard style to avoid cars hitting walls if they lose it out wide. So it would still be safer and the best drivers will still rise to the top as they will be the ones able to use more track without overstepping more often.

Take Gentrack for example which will be our prac round for Tuesday league, the curbs there are slippery as hell, the grass even worse. To get the best possible time you need to use every cm but use 1cm too much and its gone. A few corners there would be way too dangerous for real racing in terms of runoff and the chicane in early laps could clean up half the field if someone walls it on exit.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2016, 03:08:07 PM »
Ive changed up the server to see if anyone can get up to the real world time, now optimum grip all tyres available and dropped temps. My guess is it will be 4 or 5 seconds faster now.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal