Xtreme Gaming Network

S17R1: Imola

Author Topic: S17R1: Imola  (Read 15209 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S17R1: Imola
« on: May 25, 2017, 11:09:33 AM »
Race 1: 20 laps with a CPS and mandatory tyre change, no refuelling.
Race 2: 14 laps, no pit stop.

Weather forecast (outlook is 30°, wind SW at 15 kmh)

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: S17R1: Imola
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 12:24:30 PM »
I put server up with forecast for Monday as I assumed thats what you would use. Unless your just using forecast still for tuesday rather then actual last weather. Either way not much different other then wind direction being easterly with sw forecast for Tuesday.

I think I wont make race 1 but possibly will race 2 for a back of grid start.

The wind from the east makes quite an effect from tamburello to tosa getting more aero grip even if top speed is slower the section is probably quicker. Second half back into the wind is a bit different and if the wind switches it will make it fairly different again which is cool.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 12:46:03 PM »
I always take the Tuesday forecast. Yes, the wind will mix it up, because you say, it can make the car feel quite different in different directions.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 09:31:09 PM »
I put server up with forecast for Monday as I assumed thats what you would use. Unless your just using forecast still for tuesday rather then actual last weather. Either way not much different other then wind direction being easterly with sw forecast for Tuesday.

I think I wont make race 1 but possibly will race 2 for a back of grid start.

The wind from the east makes quite an effect from tamburello to tosa getting more aero grip even if top speed is slower the section is probably quicker. Second half back into the wind is a bit different and if the wind switches it will make it fairly different again which is cool.
Confirming my theory of inverted east-west and north-south, the main straight at Imola heads West (!) so a wind from East should be a tail one, but instead, as you say, it is a head wind. Same identical thing with the sun. Both in Imola and in Monza, sunrise appears to be in the West, and sunset is in the East. Why? Can't figure it out! (Yes, also north and south are wrong way around if you follow the sun).

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 10:40:01 PM »
Looking at the map above id say the main straight goes east so a wind from the east should be a headwind.  ;)

Forecast wind os from the sw so I can change up the server maybe with a couple different winds as its maybe better for people to see how wind will effect it then practice for a specific direction. Come closer to the day the wind could be going completly different to the current forecast.

edit: just noticed the arrow is pointing down I am used to seeing maps with North and arrow pointing up and the map drawn relative to north usually. Either that or map oriented with the main straights but then north normally isnt straight up or down which is what got me here or maybe it just confuses idiots as it got me.

So now the question is to have a wind from the east would that be 90 or is it like the arrow and backwards so should be 180. Is wind from the north 0 or is that wind going to the north?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 11:18:33 PM by marty »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 10:50:51 PM »
Minorating had an update so know it takes into account track cutting and also crossing the pit exit line when exiting the pits. Even though all here are on the whitelist best to avoid straight cutting any sections and d9nt cut the poit exit li e on any tracks that are marked. You can cross it from the track side if on a lap but need to avoid doing so when exiting pits as it will negatively effect your rating which may hurt getting into other MR servers.

The cutting I think is mostly to avoid big cuts at places like Monza and the last chicane at Imola, the pluvin should give warning and let you know if you cross but after warning it will give big rating hits especially if you also have a collision after a cut or pit exit cut. I have also made tbe practice server A grade only plus whitelist so any non xgn guys should be no trouble to have on track if they can get in.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 09:58:34 AM »
So now the question is to have a wind from the east would that be 90 or is it like the arrow and backwards so should be 180. Is wind from the north 0 or is that wind going to the north?
I assume that 0 means the wind is coming from the north.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2017, 05:48:00 PM »
To get you in the mood...

[youtube]LZ0WjKDld3A[/youtube]

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2017, 07:03:50 PM »
Ive updated the server changed fuel usage to 50% and also added a second wind setting, temps should be 29-31 but wind is at base wind direction 95 or 225 with a variable in direction of 5 degress so this should give a couple of different directions in the practice server allowing people to see the effect wind has on the car here.

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2017, 07:14:44 PM »
I'm probably going to miss this one.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2017, 07:49:09 PM »
Minorating had an update so know it takes into account track cutting and also crossing the pit exit line when exiting the pits. Even though all here are on the whitelist best to avoid straight cutting any sections and d9nt cut the poit exit li e on any tracks that are marked. You can cross it from the track side if on a lap but need to avoid doing so when exiting pits as it will negatively effect your rating which may hurt getting into other MR servers.

The cutting I think is mostly to avoid big cuts at places like Monza and the last chicane at Imola, the pluvin should give warning and let you know if you cross but after warning it will give big rating hits especially if you also have a collision after a cut or pit exit cut. I have also made tbe practice server A grade only plus whitelist so any non xgn guys should be no trouble to have on track if they can get in.
I'm getting warnings even during a practise session. Is that correct?

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2017, 08:11:56 PM »

Yes, it is. It is actually pretty easy to get a cut warning on the second kerb of the chicane, if you are a bit late on the braking/turning. I think I have already gotten 3 of them, although I can't be sure as the red message saying the lap will not count covers mr's message.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2017, 09:22:26 PM »

There is the ingame track limits MR is seperata and should show in chat as well as top of screen but I have not seen those. Pit exit line is also all sessions so best to just not cross this line in any session amd its better for others on track if they know anyone exiting pits will stay their side of the line. I tested and it only works the one way as intended so should be no issue cutting across the pit exit line if your not exiting pits.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2017, 08:46:14 AM »
I assume that 0 means the wind is coming from the north.
I've just tested this. As usual, they've done things a bit ass up. 0 means the wind is blowing to the north, not from the north. Normally of course, wind direction is where it's blowing from.

So if the wind is SW, I will make it be blowing from the SW. ie. 45°
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 08:58:31 AM by Wally »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2017, 09:28:46 AM »
Oh, and tyre warmers will be OFF. The car doesn't feel too bad at all with cold tyres. A lot grippier than the cold hard tyres on the Porsche were.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal