Xtreme Gaming Network

S11R3: Zandvoort Post-race chat

Author Topic: S11R3: Zandvoort Post-race chat  (Read 21848 times)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S11R3: Zandvoort Post-race chat
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2016, 09:22:01 PM »
If there was no draft then it wouldnt have made t1 the easiest place to pass at this track.  ;) The trick was getting the line into the last turn
Disagree.  You said yourself getting the better run off the last turn was the key . .  and T1 was the biggest brake stop spot on the track.
My point is that if you come out of a corner together, shouldn't there be a slight draft advantage for the car behind sitting in the hole being punched out of the air?  In AC its extremely slight and I am only suggesting a very minor increase in that area to me would be more realistic.
DRS - forget it!

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2016, 09:49:57 PM »
Freezer: I think there is enough of it. Not much, but I would not expect much. When you watch races with these type of cars they stay very close and yet there are not so many overtakes.

Of course: no data to substantiate this. Just a casual observation.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2016, 09:29:28 AM »
I did upload a video of race 2 as there were some interesting incidents. I did loop Phil but I dont think there is much I could do as he started to spin just ahead of me exiting a corner.

Later I also tagged Jeremy who had to slow greatly exiting a corner as Wally started to spin ahead with them both losing lots of speed at corner exit. From my look at that it doesnt look like Jeremy touched Wally to start his slide but then I finished them both off but again I dont see much I could really do there. Maybe others see that differently but thats at least my interpretation and it would be interesting to hear others.

Phil incident is at 10:30 and Wally/Jeremy 15:50
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 09:36:00 AM by marty »

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2016, 10:44:49 AM »
I tend to agree with you:

1. "I did loop Phil". Yeah, not much I can see you could do. But man: look at Stan's move!!!

2. "I finished them both off". I guess it depends on what you could see. From the video, it looks like you had no idea Wally was spinning in until Jeremy slammed on the brakes. If so, then you had no time to react at all.

3. Lap 1: Matthew's on fire! ;)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2016, 10:48:29 AM »
Hehe, so you've caused the whole accident at 15:50! :)
(well, as far as effect and result goes - you knocked jeremy into Wally, Jeremy was braking hard and Wally was trying to recover from what I see)

I'm not blaming - I don't think it was avoidable. (although I don't have a driver's eye view to tell)  Just stating the visible facts. 

Edit: yeah, Stan was very quick to react and did well in the previous one.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2016, 12:37:03 PM »
Thanks for the videos Marty. They make good viewing. I haven't watched race 2 yet, but I'm curious about my spin.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2016, 02:11:52 PM »
Hehe, so you've caused the whole accident at 15:50! :)
(well, as far as effect and result goes - you knocked jeremy into Wally, Jeremy was braking hard and Wally was trying to recover from what I see)

I'm not blaming - I don't think it was avoidable. (although I don't have a driver's eye view to tell)  Just stating the visible facts. 

Edit: yeah, Stan was very quick to react and did well in the previous one.

With Wallys had I not been there I dont think Jeremy would have hit him, but I cant see me being able to avoid it as I had no reason to think Jeremy would need to brake after the apex but he had to to avoid Wally.

You can also see the start of the race. The mid pack had to brake just after the start line Which Phil had to brake hard for and Matthew gave him a good push, I was just lucky to have got a bad run to be far enough back and avoided joining in on the fun.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2016, 05:10:57 PM »
again; I was not blaming.  You really don't need to take me seriously, if there's a big bloody smiley right at the end of the first sentence...

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2016, 05:29:34 PM »
Pretty fun nights racing :)

race1: played hunter catching marty and when I finally got a chance to pass the wheel came loose so I went touching the sand at t1 then set out catching him again only to run out of laps really not much chance of passing anyway.

race2: pretty happy with that drive to do 17 spots in 10 laps lol got lucky at one point with the spin on lap 2 and getting 5 free spots but hey ill take it lol

race3: bit harder but still enjoyed it had a good fight with freezer for a while there, gave him a couple love taps as I was finding it hard to brake because I have a pretty firm peddle now with the t3pa pros that requires a decent force to pull up and at times I end up just pushing my wheelie chair back haha so its easy to out brake myself now. Came home 6th I think
do you even motorsports?

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2016, 05:31:56 PM »
Humble apologies for my absence. Been a draining couple of weeks, had a "quick lie down on the lounge" and slept through everything.  :(

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2016, 09:12:46 PM »
I have a pretty firm peddle now with the t3pa pros that requires a decent force to pull up and at times I end up just pushing my wheelie chair back haha so its easy to out brake myself now.
Its a common development path.  Upgrade the spring... then upgrade to load cell . .  then swap to lockable wheels on my chair....!!!  :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2016, 10:53:39 PM »
again; I was not blaming.  You really don't need to take me seriously, if there's a big bloody smiley right at the end of the first sentence...

All good Bird I know your not blaming but still had I not been there they wouldnt have got together not that id do anything differently in the same situation again. At times there just bad luck and everyone istrying their best with the racing all round was very good. Makes it tough from the back but thats a good thing.

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2016, 06:17:43 PM »
I have a pretty firm peddle now with the t3pa pros that requires a decent force to pull up and at times I end up just pushing my wheelie chair back haha so its easy to out brake myself now.
Its a common development path.  Upgrade the spring... then upgrade to load cell . .  then swap to lockable wheels on my chair....!!!  :)

Yeah wouldn't mind trying the load cell but for the time being this is providing a good feel
do you even motorsports?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal