Xtreme Gaming Network

Fun race Thursday night

Author Topic: Fun race Thursday night  (Read 47117 times)

Offline kayman

• View Profile
Re: Fun race Thursday night
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2014, 08:39:38 PM »
Do you have to wait for the next session to expire before you can join???

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2014, 09:06:55 PM »
Do you have to wait for the next session to expire before you can join???
If I've got your GUID and you're on the entry list, you can join. I don't think I have your GUID (see the first post).
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline cramjet

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2014, 09:51:11 PM »
Ok, so that was strange.

I had just finished my second lap of the race and was shot into the air or something and sent back to the pits. Took off again and evidently crossed the line into my third lap. I guess that's an exploit but I did not do it intentionally!

Pretty fun race otherwise. First lap was much cleaner (from what I saw) than I would have imagined.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2014, 10:51:24 PM »
Ok, so that was strange.

I had just finished my second lap of the race and was shot into the air or something and sent back to the pits. Took off again and evidently crossed the line into my third lap. I guess that's an exploit but I did not do it intentionally!

Pretty fun race otherwise. First lap was much cleaner (from what I saw) than I would have imagined.

Yeah, a few people (but not everyone) in race 1 were mysteriously teleported back to the pits. I don't know what that was. Races 2 and 3 were solid, although they did have less people. Overall, I think the server was solid enough.

Thanks to everyone for joining in. Next time, for those not on teamspeak, it's easier if you are. Server is ts.xgn.com.au and the password is the same as the server password (PM me if you don't know it).
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2014, 12:18:55 AM »
From where I was there was a few small jitters with the cars around me (minor though) and I didn't get thrown out or similar.
I had a great race(BMW) with Istvan and one of the other guys (forgot name) and was honing in on 1st when a small spin saw me back to 7th.
2nd race in the Maclaren was not so good mainly due to it being very light in the rear under braking and I kept having spins.
Updates: I'm sure Wally could do with more control over sessions etc and a digital fuel read out wouldn't go astray plus a leaderboard.  (although there is probably an add on somewhere for those.).
Good first run.... :)

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2014, 07:30:57 AM »
I thought the night was very positive, a few glitches are to be expected but over all I thought it went very well considering what Wally has to work with within the current server options. First lap of race one everyone was very well behaved quickly assuming the racing line. Also excited about the pit area and how much setup changes actually change the car. Wear rate on the tires seems pretty good.

Thanks and see you all again for the next meet.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2014, 08:08:48 AM »
There is a standings app somewhere in the game already, and I'm sure you can get a fuel readout somewhere in an app.

Not bad for the first release of an alpha feature. Hopefully we'll get more maturing options every week. It was a little bit jittery though, with the cars not looking like they move totally naturally yet, but I'm sure that will improve. During practice, I was on David Gibson's rear bumper for one lap - the close racing without contacts was excellent by the netcode.

I had a go in the McLaren and found it nice and predictable to drive. All I changed was one more click of rear wing.

In both of the last two races I was traveling alright until a kerb made me spin. Could have done with some damper tuning probably.

Offline BJSRacer

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2014, 08:21:50 AM »
Thanks gents for a good night's lapping/racing, Alpha netcode seems not to bad. I had the obvious issues already mentioned, ie a flying car into T1, other than that, rock on A/C :D

Offline Snakeyes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2014, 08:25:38 AM »
Sorry i did not make it last night guys :( Net went down yesterday and wont be back up till like 5 pm today (posting this at uni).

Hopefully will make the next one!

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2014, 08:35:03 AM »
It was good fun indeed.

The only trouble: we are unable to run a proper race just yet; there's no finishing for everyone :/

Btw comparing the BMW to the McLaren;
The beemer is more forgiving, a bit lazier, and does not turn as well it seems. But it can still bite.
The mclaren is really tricky to drive, you have to be ready for that rear end overtaking all the time. You have to be really gentle with the controls. But if you can do that it's razor sharp, turns exactly the way you want it to.   The sound is somewhat of a letdown, though :)

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2014, 08:54:09 AM »
Good to hear you had fun guys!
Tried again this morning and the server was there(go figure) still the search window is not working to me.Is there a way to make the XGN server favourite?
Shame I had this problem the last two days,i was looking forward to kicking those  xgn guys ass...next time!   ;D ;D

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2014, 10:06:52 AM »
I really don't know what you're doing 9, but you should try and jump on the TS when we're all there and I'm sure we can sort it out.
Basically all you need to do:
- write "xgn" into the search box
- hit the refresh server list button
- wait

in about 30 seconds it should show, (unless it's filtered out by something I guess)
The filters are best: on/on/on/off if I remember correctly  (stupid, eh, some are really reverse-logic filters. Bloody Italians! :D )

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2014, 10:18:49 AM »
The sound is somewhat of a letdown, though :)

Sound is a bit of a let down, hopefully will get better. Going to get a new headset today (not that it will improve AC sound  ;D

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2014, 01:14:59 PM »

Sound is a bit of a let down, hopefully will get better. Going to get a new headset today (not that it will improve AC sound  ;D
I meant the car - the McLaren :)  Otherwise it sounds ok to me.  (SB reckon 3D + Audiotechnica AD700)

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2014, 01:17:43 PM »

I meant the car - the McLaren :)  Otherwise it sounds ok to me.  (SB reckon 3D + Audiotechnica AD700)

Nice, I just picked up some Audiotechnica ATH-ADG1's  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal