Xtreme Gaming Network

All time driver and practice server stats

Author Topic: All time driver and practice server stats  (Read 104691 times)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: All time driver and practice server stats
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2016, 12:07:40 PM »
Thanks stan, this link here will also always show the current stats for the practice xgn practice server whatever combo is being run as long as 1 lap has been set when the track combo changes.

http://52.62.71.102:50041/lapstat?currservers=acserver

That shows all tyres however where Stans link above is this week at Silverstone with medium tyres only which is a bit more telling as softs wont be of much use in this season.
Be good if track grip was consistent as most of the top times are set on 100%.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2016, 12:24:57 PM »
I think it kind of shows how much faster the audi is then mclaren. Seeing my best lap is in the mclaren at 100% grip and I only ran a few laps in the audi with 97.9% grip is only .8 slower.  ;)

I was 2 seconds faster in the audi at optimum settings then in the 650s but chose the 650 to spice things up a little. I expect guys to easily do 2:04s on the race nite in qualy at least as the track will grip up very quick with a large field.

The mclaren isnt going to get much quicker maybe a high 2:04 but the only 100% grip running I did in it was at the end of a race run so fresh tyres would be a bit quicker then that.

Its nice to get some running in various grip levels as it will be changing on race nites. The actual practice times dont matter so much but give a bit of an idicator. With the higher tyre wear you really dont know if that was a fresh tyre lap or on worn rubber or the fuel load so the grip level isnt the only variable with a big impact.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 12:33:20 PM by marty »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2016, 11:36:06 PM »
The server had a proper crash tonight and was unresponsive needing a force shutdown and restart. The Stracker practice server stats are now here.

http://52.62.170.191:50041/lapstat?currservers=acserver

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2016, 07:40:16 AM »
The server had a proper crash tonight and was unresponsive needing a force shutdown and restart. The Stracker practice server stats are now here.

I've updated the first post.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2016, 10:21:25 PM »

You still didn't get an elastic IP for it, did ya?

If you did, we could put a domain on it, too...and then all you had to do - even if you replace the server - is to associate the elastic IP with the new instance.   Please do this, it'd be much easier for everyone (including you) ;)

Once you did, tell me, I'll set some xgn subdomain to that IP.  How does 'praccystats.xgn.com.au' sound?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2016, 10:32:03 PM »

You still didn't get an elastic IP for it, did ya?

If you did, we could put a domain on it, too...and then all you had to do - even if you replace the server - is to associate the elastic IP with the new instance.   Please do this, it'd be much easier for everyone (including you) ;)

Once you did, tell me, I'll set some xgn subdomain to that IP.  How does 'praccystats.xgn.com.au' sound?
I did it a while back but then had issues with MR connecting to the server so I disabled the option.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2016, 07:59:55 AM »
That sounds weird, why would anything have problems connecting to the server just because it has a different IP...
What's "MR"?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2016, 08:22:00 AM »
Minorating, also I just bookmark the link which is easy enough. There have been a few people seem to get silly at times and attack the servers so having a fixed IP has had more issues then one that can be changed if needed. I think thats the first ip change in 6 months or so anyway.

The current link will always be hosted in this thread, bookmarks are easier then typing an address so it is a non issue for me.  ;) The static ip was causing multiple issues so I really dont wont to bother with those again. If its such a big deal for others they can run the practice server on whatever ip add they want.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2016, 08:24:17 AM »
Also a reminder to everyone that they will need to re-mark their favourites in Wally's AC server browser app.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2016, 09:31:31 AM »
Well, Marty, you're not trying to help. 
Oh well.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2016, 10:17:36 AM »
I think he put a fair bit of time into it previously Bird but to no avail.  It sounds like more of a Minorating issue. :)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2016, 10:32:33 AM »
True.
I was willing to try and sort out minorating - but let's be honest I might be all talk no go here; my free time and drive to do these sort of things nowadays is at an all time low :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2016, 03:23:43 PM »
No offence Bird but I did try earlier and if there is a choice between minorating and a fixed ip. Well I would not even bother to run servers without minorating so it was a fairly easy choice to go back to dynamic ip. Im sure I could ask minolin to look into it and make a change if needed but its still not worth the effort as there have been some odd random attacks on the server.

Who knows if its targeted or just general scanning with brute force trying to gain access to any amazon server. When this goes nuts a server restart and fresh new ip has always fixed the issue so another reason not to have a fixed ip.

The only advantage to the fixed ip is people can type in an address they can remember. Not to be too harsh but if someone cant take the effort to simply look for the current link once every few months if their old link doesnt work I really dont care if they cant see the stats.

Its pretty fricken easy to do, I pay for the servers, keep them up to date, admin them and everything else. This takes a fair bit of time money and effort. Surely people can put in that tiny bit of effort if their link goes down.  ;) If they cant they can get out their credit card pay for servers, run them, keep them up to date and everything else. Then I will whine to them about having to spend all of 5 seconds to find the current link and bookmark it a couple times a year.

It really wouldnt offend me in the slightest if someone else wants to run the practice server. Seeing I have 24/7 servers up and it costs me no more to host the xgn one im happy to keep doing it as long as I run my other servers but anyone else wanting to do it can simply say so and I will stop hosting that server.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2016, 03:30:56 PM »
No worries, I'll just shut up :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2016, 07:51:35 AM »
We certainly appreciate all your work Marty.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal