Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 3 round 3: Castle Hill Long race chat

Author Topic: Season 3 round 3: Castle Hill Long race chat  (Read 47015 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« on: September 24, 2014, 07:22:45 AM »
Car Allocations (from slowest to fastest):

Old CarNew Car
PhilElise SC S2BMW 1M
ImperiousElise SCElise SC S1
Dick Forrest [CramDick Racing]Exige 240R S3Exige 240R S3
Peter ReidElise SCElise SC
Rob [Team MRT]BMW 1MBMW 1M
BacchulumElise SCElise SC
cramjet [CramDick Racing]BMW 1MElise SC S2
Wally [TKO Racing]Elise SCElise SC
CrimespreeElise SCElise SC
SchmittezExige 240RBMW 1M
GrubbetExige 240R S3Exige Scura
Dave OM3 E92Elise SC S2
Ysu [TKO Racing]Elise SCElise SC
FreezerElise SCElise SC
GratulinExige 240RElise SC S2
GWyarM3 E92Elise SC S2
EdWoodElise SCElise SC
RPMEvora SElise SC S1
Marty [Achilles Heels]Elise SCElise SC
Guybrush Threepwood [Achilles Heels]Elise SCZ4 E89 S1
FlattopExige S RoadsterElise SC S2
KrahlBMW 1MElise SC
InsomniacExige 240R S3Elise SC

Here's how this is worked out.

1. The slowest Exige 240R S3 was Dick. He can't be given a faster car. His lap time is the baseline.

2. Phil and Imperious were slower than Dick. They can have a faster car, based on their gap to Dick's lap time. In Phil's case, he went from an Elise S2 to the slightly faster BMW 1M. Imperious steps up from an Elise to an Elise S1.

3. Everyone else needs a slower car, based on their gap to Dick's lap time. For example, Gratulin was 1.09 seconds faster than Dick, in his Exige 240. He needs a car that is 1.09 seconds slower than an Exige 240, which is the Elise S2.

30 grid places for this round:

Bacchulum
cramjet
Crimespree
Dave O
Dick Forrest
EdWood
Flattop
Freezer
G0RGAK
Gratulin
Grubbet
Guybrush Threepwood
GWyar
Imperious
Insomniac
Krahl
Marty
Mopz
Peter Reid
Phil
Rob
Rolz
RPM
Schmittez
Thndr
Vipergod
Wally
Ysu
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 08:14:08 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
Re: Season 3 round 3: Castle Hill Long race chat
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 08:59:28 AM »

Here's how this is worked out.

1. The slowest Exige 240R S3 was Dick. He can't be given a faster car. His lap time is the baseline.

2. Phil and Imperious were slower than Dick. They can have a faster car, based on their gap to Dick's lap time. In Phil's case, he went from an Elise S2 to the slightly faster BMW 1M. Imperious steps up from an Elise to an Elise S1.

3. Everyone else needs a slower car, based on their gap to Dick's lap time. For example, Gratulin was 1.09 seconds faster than Dick, in his Exige 240. He needs a car that is 1.09 seconds slower than an Exige 240, which is the Elise S2.

[youtube]9CS7j5I6aOc?t=3s[/youtube]

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 09:06:15 AM »
There are 10 in the elise sc....I still maintain that the baseline should not be at the slowest. Maybe not at any extreme end. In the middle, probably.  Also, potentially, the extremes should be dropped from the calculation...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 09:08:01 AM by Bird »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 10:09:06 AM »
There are 10 in the elise sc....I still maintain that the baseline should not be at the slowest. Maybe not at any extreme end. In the middle, probably.  Also, potentially, the extremes should be dropped from the calculation...
I already filter out extremes. With this selection of cars and lap times, the spread of Elise's cover a lot of the lapttime differences. The baseline has to be the slowest, because you can't make him faster as he's already in the fastest car. You can only make other people slower.

You'll just have to learn to enjoy the Elise ;) 
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 10:51:06 AM »
I think that there was still a small time gap between the guys in the elise sc. I think ultimate time is about 1 second between the sc and s2 with about .5 for the s1.

If you go by the fastest times or even average fastest laps in each session I think a few of the guys in the sc could be stepped uo to step 1 or 2.

Also looking at times it may be best to work an average between a persons fastest qualy and race lap not all 3 race laps. Some may jist have a poor race and not try as much well off the pace or nit even finish the race.

Dick did do a laptime of 1.41.577 so he really wasnt that far off the pace. This put him pretty much in the midfield lap wise. I think Guy Me and Ed were a few tenths faster on a clean lap but even still only guy and I got into the 40s actually ed did in the last race. Everyone elses best lap in the elise sc was at least .5 slower and some around 1 second slower. Adding the other steps here I think would even out this a little as the changes arent very extreme in these models.

Take race 2 as an example time wise its really quite close, my best lao wasnt at my potential being stuck in traffic most of the race. But only Insomniac was clearly faster then Guy so if you slowd dave and then gave .5 to 1 sec to the guys in the other elises they woukd be closer to guys laps. The ones that were more then 1 sec behind maybe step them up one car. It could make it very close but then the next track may be a little different performance wise. Its a bit more twisty but also has a reasonably long straight.

I dont think you can slow guy and me down any more as the z4 just cant compete against these no matter who drives it. But the guys just off his pace by a bit could do with the faster elise. Even Insomniac though he was clearly quickest probabky could have been given an s2 as he never quite matches guys pace in other cars so now he will be handicapped a bit too much I think.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 10:57:49 AM by marty »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 11:19:55 AM »
It's done by the numbers. It will never be an exact science, with different guys, different cars, different tracks. How I'm doing it now is how it's going to be done for the rest of the season.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2014, 11:25:36 AM »
I deliberately drove around at 90% throttle last night to make sure I would be slowest.  ???
  I feel like I am responsible for everyones car selection next week! lol

Grats to Wally for putting Guybrush in a Z4

Grats to my team mate Cramjet. We are 3rd on team standings.... ok fine two races in.... shut up Marty!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 11:28:51 AM by Dick Forrest »

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, 11:35:34 AM »
It's done by the numbers. It will never be an exact science, with different guys, different cars, different tracks. How I'm doing it now is how it's going to be done for the rest of the season.

You tell em Wally! Threaten to put them all in Z4s if they don't like the magic number system..

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 11:38:45 AM »

No worries your the boss Wally, Im mostly glad the z4 didnt get an appearance. Times were really quite close but the last 2 or 3 cars in each race generally ran times that didnt represent their true pace always so it dostorts the numbers a bit best race lap may be a better option for grading next season.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2014, 11:46:39 AM »

You tell em Wally! Threaten to put them all in Z4s if they don't like the magic number system..

Lol just noticed the Z4 for guy edit, I was the one questioning your authority and got him screwed over. Dont think that would be much fun for him but we can all beep our horn as we lap him so be fun for everyone else.  :D

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2014, 12:03:29 PM »

Lol just noticed the Z4 for guy edit, I was the one questioning your authority and got him screwed over. Dont think that would be much fun for him but we can all beep our horn as we lap him so be fun for everyone else.  :D

I don't know how Dave (insomniac) missed out on a Z4.. I'd ask Wally to explain but I simply wouldn't understand.
He uses black magic.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2014, 12:44:07 PM »
Wait until ballast comes in and then the grumbling will really start :)

I overdrove the car in race 1 and 3 - results show the outcome - a disaster! Not being used to being in a pack makes it hard to just settle into your own pace.

Race 2 got lucky and drove straight through the mayhem and ended up 3rd. Once in clean air just stuck to keeping it on the track - had 'Guyrush' up my 'whatever' for about 5 laps until I 'let' him through since he obviously had a faster car then me :(

A full grid at Castle Hill should be really interesting!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 12:46:50 PM by Gratulin »

Offline cramjet

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2014, 03:00:13 PM »
I deliberately drove around at 90% throttle last night to make sure I would be slowest.  ???

Grats to my team mate Cramjet. We are 3rd on team standings.... ok fine two races in.... shut up Marty!

Would have been an even better result if I didn't run us both off in that last race!

Last night was the most fun I've had in any racing sim. The field was so bunched up you'd go from one battle to the next - it was great fun holding onto the back of a lotus through the bends before gunning it past 2 or 3 of them down the back straight :D The different way each car put down a lap makes for some awesome racing.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2014, 03:13:47 PM »

Would have been an even better result if I didn't run us both off in that last race!

Last night was the most fun I've had in any racing sim. The field was so bunched up you'd go from one battle to the next - it was great fun holding onto the back of a lotus through the bends before gunning it past 2 or 3 of them down the back straight :D The different way each car put down a lap makes for some awesome racing.

It was the most adrenaline I've ever felt while racing. Yep and fun.

I'm sure there is going to be a lot more accidents yet.
Cramjet, I'm 100% sure it would have been Marty or Guybrush that caused our accident. They are our main rivals. And I hate them and all they stand for.

Lovely guys though.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2014, 04:03:27 PM »
Lol, Dick.

It's great to hear you guys are enjoying the close racing.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal