Xtreme Gaming Network

Friday Nite fun nite on my Public servers

Author Topic: Friday Nite fun nite on my Public servers  (Read 20535 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Friday Nite fun nite on my Public servers
« on: June 10, 2015, 02:05:22 PM »
Was chatting with some guys on ts last nite after the round about a fun nite in an easy car and track combo friday.

I havent decided which combo yet but think I will keep this on the pass server and if we get a few league guys along with a few regular server guys it will likely fill fairly easily still. It will keep out the new guys that may not be able to drive yet and make it less of a pain for me to need to admin. Also if a few are in the pass servers it may get more guys to set a time and get a pass for access to these servers.

I dont think I have needed to kick a single person from a pass server yet. Just the odd warning which normally gets people into line. GB's alternative lines and supermans may get him a ban at some point. ;D

Atm I am thinking ktm xbows for this week, not sure of the track but can say these are fricken awesome at Nords and short races of 2 laps there in this combi with a larger field would be pretty good fun.

Im open for suggestions and if any league guys dont have the password for my servers yet send me a pm and I will give it to you.

Edit just read back my post and the phone typos were pretty bad. I hope I fixed them all and not added any new typo's.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 03:21:41 PM by marty »

Rolz

Re: Friday Nite fun nite on my Public servers
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 02:08:41 PM »
Shame I'm still away, some of those regulars on your Pub server are pretty good Marty! :)

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 04:05:22 PM »
I'm in!!
I loves Friday night funtimes!!  ;D
Kick start the weekend with some schweet racings!!  8)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 04:33:45 PM »
Where did you post that PW again Marty? I've lost it AND forgotten it  :-X

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 04:47:05 PM »
Where did you post that PW again Marty? I've lost it AND forgotten it  :-X

make that 2!

I will be there early in the evening for some runs, xbow is a fun little unit (even if it was produced post 1970!)

Just remembered, pm for password...
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 04:56:19 PM »
The password is "Ipissedfairly"

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 05:02:31 PM »
The password is "Ipissedfairly"
im going to believe you Guy and try that.   ???
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 05:14:18 PM »
I did PM the pass to flattop and Gratulin, GB thats your new password if it doesnt work then just keep trying. It will work eventually if you are persistent enough.  ;D

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2015, 06:11:58 PM »
iwilltrytorememberthistimebutnopromises

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2015, 08:42:29 AM »
Just chucking out some ideas, maybe something like the BMW M235 or M3 Group A at Blackwood reloaded (polished track!!, had a run on it last night, ahhh the good ole LFS days... ahhh ) :D
Or we could go a little left field with the Lotus T49 at Jacksonville Superspeedway...  :P

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2015, 04:14:51 PM »
Or we could go a little left field with the Lotus T49 at Jacksonville Superspeedway...  :P
That sounds fun. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2015, 04:31:20 PM »
Just chucking out some ideas, maybe something like the BMW M235 or M3 Group A at Blackwood reloaded (polished track!!, had a run on it last night, ahhh the good ole LFS days... ahhh ) :D

If there are enough people around there is no reason for not having a combo change at some point. I havent tried that jacksonville track so may need 1000 laps to learn it first.  ;)

Actually I am pretty sure I drove it in Rf 1 or 2, does the mod track have the infield layout too or is it just the oval. Im not a huge oval fan but worth a shot I think though that infield track I had a bit of fun online in rf1 back in the day.

If we go these combo's I think M235i seeing as its probably the easiest car to drive and quite popular with nearly 600 people setting laptimes in it on my practice server. (this includes having lost nearly 2 months of laptimes after the server shat itself) currently 293 people have set a pass time under 2:06 at Mugello on that server. Blackwood the new layout is nice but only 18 grid spots but that may be enough if it is a pass server.

I will need to DL Jacksonville and take a look but would probably change to that half way through the nite, I think maybe have a very short qualy session of 5 minutes or so and races of around 10 minutes.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2015, 11:59:16 PM »
Here are the links for the tracks for use on the friday fun nite.

First up will be the KTM Xbows at Blackwood reloaded.

Then at some point later on will switch to Jacksonville superspeedway with the Lotus 49's

I will be on from about 7pm AEST most likely and if there are a few on and many feel like a car change that can be done, then we will switch to the other combo maybe around 9pm AEST but I may get on earlier if there are already a few on. Qualy will be 5 minutes so enough time for a couple laps or a break between races, Blackwood races will be 7laps

Blackwood Reloaded Link
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/blackwood-reloaded-uhd-version.5804/

Jacksonville link
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/jacksonville-superspeedway.2664/history

I tested Jacksonville track, its a pretty rough track but I think the only real oval track. I made a quick AI file just to test grid locations etc and if you want your delta to work here and get ptracker timing to opponents you will need to install this. The track supposedly has 45 grid spots but when I tried to load an AI race with a full grid it crashed. With 32 opponents all loaded fine on grid so I will make the race there open for 32 cars. Touching the wall will likely end your race but it may be interesting if we get a few on later to run this for some close racing and drafting.

I have added my AI file here and this just needs to be installed to the tracks folder same as the track install and it will be added to your Jacskonville track.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/med5njve877naf2/jacksonville+AI.rar

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2015, 09:09:50 AM »
Awesome Marty!!
Regarding Jacksonville, yeah the walls are the disappointing bit. Just a small brush with the wall slices 10 -15 k's off your top speed and so would kill the fun for sure. That's why I suggested the 49 as you don't want to touch the wall with an open wheeler and it felt good on the oval. cyas tonight!!
 :D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2015, 09:23:03 AM »
" inferesting " you just propounded a new word!
You need to define it in urban dictionary and take the credit!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 10:00:14 AM by Flattop »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal