Xtreme Gaming Network

S14R8: Barcelona Moto Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S14R8: Barcelona Moto Post-Race Chat  (Read 11360 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S14R8: Barcelona Moto Post-Race Chat
« on: November 29, 2016, 10:26:15 PM »
RACE RESULTS AND CHARTS
SEASON STANDINGS

SEASON STATS
ALL TIME STATS

Penalties
Race 1 - penalty for Jeremy for hitting my rear corner on an inside pass. I was on the racing line and Jeremy tried to pass on the inside but ran into me while he was braking, with insufficient overlap to call it a pass. Then Jeremy drove straight across the track into Bacchulum and also Vipergod, which was two unsafe re-entries. Penalty is a 2 point penalty (the difference between 5th, where I qualified, and 6th place in the qualifying race).

Earlier, Mael had a slide and nearly a tank slapper, which caught quite a few people out mid-corner. That was just a racing accident..

Round Points
Marty   78
Matthew111   67
Phil.8   66
Shayne   54
Keith   46
Freezer   38
Joe   36
Jeremy   34
Wally   23
Mael   22
Bacchulum   19
Seanus   13
Doobs   11
AJ   11
Rob   7
nith   5
Dave O   5
Vipergod   3

Congratulations to Phil on pole, and Marty on the two race wins as well as the round win.

Final Season Podium
Congratulations to the season podium, and season champion, Marty.1. Marty, 485
2. Phil, 418
3. Grat, 346

Team Standings
Achilles Heels (Guybrush and Marty) won the team championship from DA Racing (Grat and Wally), 719 points to 574. Krahl Racing (Phil and Joe), came 3rd with 553 points.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 10:49:11 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S14R8: Barcelona Moto Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 10:56:31 PM »
Some final season stats:

Best average finish pos: Guybrush, 1.3
Most wins: Marty, 4
Most podiums: Marty, 9
Most poles: Guybrush, 3
Most fastest laps: Guybrush, 4
Most consistent: Grat
Hunter: Bafs17, Marty & Shayne
Hunted: Nith & Phil
Busiest: Marty & Shayne
Loneliest: Dave O, Hornbag & Vipergod
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 11:10:32 PM »
After a horror start to the race where I was nearly last after facing the wall and waiting for the field to pass, I had to put my head down and put in some good laps. I had an absolutely terrific battle with Bacchulum (chasing AJ) for 5 laps after I pitted, with us swapping positions several times a lap, a bit of drafting and criss-crossing, and a bit of door banging (you cheeky sod, Bacchulum, with those hard but fair passes :) ) I made a pass stick finally on lap 14, and then chased Freezer in the distance.

Race 2 was a much better start. I was chasing Joe for a while before I pitted, then came out just in front of Mael who pressured me relentlessly for 3 laps until he got a good pass and slowly pulled away until the end of the race.

I enjoyed this car. I found it to be a good mix of predictable but capable of getting loose.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 11:12:20 PM »
Thanks for another fun season Wally, I was lucky enough to get the win again and Guybrush and me somehow also got the team championship even with him only making half the races, but winning all of those I think.  ;)

This round was a better one then my last two, qualifying again I just couldnt get a good lap in for whatever reason it is in this car. I had no traffic and made a small error on my last lap but even without that I would have been close to Matthew yet a long way behind Phil who was flying in the wet.

In the race starting 3rd and knowing passing was not going to be easy I wasnt really thinking I had much chance of the win as I was also considerably slower then Both Matthew and Phil. Got off to a reasonable start holding position and for the first time in 2 weeks I survived lap 1. From there I could see Phil was in a big hurry and Matthew seemed to be struggling a little with the extra fuel, he had one lap with a bit of sideways action and I managed to get past him into the chicane mid lap.

From there I was about 2 seconds behind Phil, I pushed as hard as I could but was still losing a few tenths per lap. I was hoping to stop early and try to undercut Phil but he pitted the lap I was planning to, this meant with that gap there was no point me following him in as I would not have any hope of a gain. I then decided to stay out 2 more laps and pushed as hard as possible putting in a couple of good laps with the hope Phil may get some traffic and lose a second or two.

I saw the time gap between us was very close to the pitstop time and so pulled in, I came out just ahead of Phil making up those 2 seconds and we entered t1 nearly side by side but I was slightly ahead.

From there I tried to pull away at first but Phil clearly had the pace on me so I backed off a little to avoid big errors and do a bit of a Lewis and maybe back him into Matthew to make him busy and get him off my back a little.  ;D This kind of worked as planned and I seemed to have the run onto both major straights so I wasnt really threatened in the danger zones and hung on for the win.

Race 2 from the front I had a good first lap getting a bit of a gap on Phil who was in a battle with Matthew so they held each other up a little. I pressed on seeing Matthew was putting in some quick laps and then he pitted fairly early. My tyres were still good and with clear track I stayed out until I felt the tyres were losing a little. I had hoped that my laps were enough to keep Matthew behind and after my stop the gap to Matthew was still around the 2 second mark it was before he stopped. Matthew was going rather quick and so I needed to push hard to avoid him making much time on me. As he stopped a little earlier I also was hoping by the last few laps my tyres would be a bit better and after all that the final gap between us was the same as it was after lap 2 of the race.

Again the consistency number has me puzzled as in race 2 my worst race lap that wasn't the rolling start lap which was considerably slower crossing the line at 100kmh and the in and out laps. My worst race lap was lap 3 (lap 2 of race) at 1:55.299 and my best race lap was the last lap of 1:53.079 so a gap of 2.22 seconds best and worst lap yet my cons number was higher at 2.30 then the difference between the best and worst laps.  ;D

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 11:38:16 PM »
I didn't qualify too well but managed to avoid all the carnage at the start and got away. I was behind Seanus and Nith for a couple of laps until Seanus had a DC and ploughed off the track. Was then behind Nith for a while who was perhaps drunk as he was sliding all over the place. Eventually he went wide and I went though and built up quite a gap. Pitted after lap 9 and had 5-6 seconds gap to Jeremy and Keith who were fighting away behind me. With the warm tyres and the grip starting to pick up I got a bit confident and spun all on my own on that long right hander near the start of the lap. Fortunately was able to turn around and get into the next corner just before Jeremy. Keith and Jeremy continued to battle which allowed me to pull ahead and finish in 5th.

R2 I started a bit slow and lost a few places, then started to pick up the pace and spent most of the race on the back of the Jeremy, Keith, Freezer train but not really getting much involved. With 5 or 6 laps to go Mael caught up and put some pressure on me but managed to keep it together and came in 8th.

Loving my new pedals. I can brake later and control the braking with trail braking so much easier.

Nith, maybe calm down the rolling start lap. You almost hit Mael a few times and I didn't want to get anywhere near you.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 11:41:38 PM by Joe »

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2016, 11:51:27 PM »
Firstly congratulations to Marty for the championship and many thanks to Wally for all the hard work.

The first race was not good. I was a bit upset from getting unnecessary damage on the warmup lap and probably was not concentrating hard enough. In turn 3 the rear started sliding and I had to work hard to control the car, unfortunately going slowly around a corner with 20 other cars trying to go fast was going to be a recipe for disaster. Much chaos and damage ensued. Apologies for all who's race I messed up.

Race 2 was a bit better, an early stop to attempt an underpass which sort of worked. I ended up behind Wally and was lucky enough to get pass him. Joe and the mob in front of him was another story. At times they were 3 wide! Impressive driving guys. In the end my tires too shredded to attempt a pass, the result of flatspots from the Wally pass and a early stop.

Team Maki went a lot better than I expected, Freezer had some great results especially in the second half of the season.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2016, 11:54:21 PM »
Well I kind of stuffed up the qualifying with a number of cuts etc and didn't really put in my best time to get 9th on the grid.

R1: Not a fan of the rolling start, I baulked up a bit at the first line thinking I might pass the car in front only to have Jeremy blaze by well before the second line.  My subsequent slower speed saw two others by but I managed to get them back in the first couple of corners.
But then Mael spun!  I had a mild rear ender but as I slipped by the rear of Mael's car just clipped me and I was around.
From there I chased M8R for a pile of laps before slipping by.  I had one small spin but didn't drop any spots, which was lucky.
Second half of the race I was on my own to bring it home 8th.

R2: This race was all about battling Keith and Jeremy.  Having shed my 50kg ballast from race 1 I was now in with a chance.
I managed to get Keith under brakes but after the stops which I did behind Jeremy I came out behind Keith again.  With a few laps to go Jeremy ran wide and I slipped though to put maximum pressure on Keith for the final laps.  There were some dives, some side by side, but eventually Keith brought it home.  I had my car setup to turn in very early and hold the inside line which seemed different to most but it allowed me to do a lot of harassing and a fun nights racing.
Well done to Keith, we have had a number of battles this season and he is always fast and doesn't make to many mistakes, so a big challenge.
All up my season started out terrible, but the car really turned around for me in the second half and I really enjoyed it.
Thanks again Wally... :)

And well done Mael. ..  . Team Maki will be back stronger next season!!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 11:56:22 PM by Freezer »

Offline keithsgillan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2016, 12:34:57 AM »
Well I must say that was one of my most enjoyable nights sim racing yet. Not the fact that it was my best points haul here at XGN but just how close and fair the racing was. There are no regrets joining this crowd and I hope this is just a taste of whats to come, as I'll certainly be back for more. Thank you to everyone for being so welcoming and to all those who make this sim racing community go round, I'm still new here and I'm sure there are others that contribute but it seems Wally and Marty do a lot to make this run seamlessly.

Qually was a little disappointing with a cut track on the penultimate corner of the last qually lap after being 1.2 seconds up according to my delta. Considering though I didn't turn a lap until I jumped on with approximately 15 mins left of practice, I was happy to take what I could get.

R1 lap one... Carnage is probably the best word to describe it haha. A blessing in disguise winding up second last after the turn 1-2 combination. Unfortunately (and sorry) I gave AJ a slight nudge which seemed to propel him forward yet under control albeit on the grass, he was then collateral damage to the carnage. Made up a few places on lap one then tried to settle into a rhythm to lay a good foundation for the race. My re-collective memory is not great but I do remember the race was fantastic... minus the details  :-\ Jeremy successfully performed an undercut on me and we duelled to the end. Joe made it interesting having his spin, I could taste the blood in the water but had my handful with Jeremy. Finished P6.

R2, much better start! Well for the whole group not necessarily for me. I innocently  :D used up two cut tracks in two laps. From there I realised a slight error could dictate my finishing position let alone my track position. Fighting for position pretty much the whole race, it was outstanding! I remember pitting because I felt I lost my flow, I just wanted to regather my thoughts and compose myself but I came out into the onslaught of Freezer and Jeremy. I felt I was the one holding everyone up because every time I looked in my mirror I could just see this aggressive train of cars. I managed to hold them off with a little bit of defensive driving at times to finish P5.

What a tight race. P5 through to P9 finishing with just 2.5 seconds!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2016, 07:55:00 AM »
Marty, you're consistent about consistency :)
This *does* include the first lap after the formation lap, which is a little slower than most. That will raise your consistency score. I haven't bothered to change the code just for this rolling start season. The main point of the consistency score is to compare drivers' consistency. So long as the calculation is the same for everyone, a lower score means more consistent lap times.

Keith, I'm glad you enjoyed the season. I saw lots of good driving whenever I was near you.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2016, 09:07:27 AM »
The main reason I mentioned consistancy is because its funny as its the only reason I won the season. I dont think I had a single pole position and maybe not even a single fastest lap. Yet I managed the most wins (mostly as Guybrush only did a few races and Matthew, Jeremy and Grat missed races too) I gained positions on nearly all races where I didnt get rear ended. Yet statistically I was less consistant then those I gained time on in the race because I was more consistant yet slower over a single lap lol.

Seeing the 1st lap of the race is counted then this means those lapping slower in race and close to this slow lap will get rated as more consistant even if they actually arent. Also the front of grid will have a slower lap 1 then those behind as they cross the line at a spower speed.  ;) So the stat isnt actually rating race consistancy but how close you are to the pace of the first and forced slow lap during the rest of the race. 

Even if someone had a 5 second gap between their fastest and slowest race lap with average laps +-2 seconds if they were within 5 seconds of lap 2 they were more consistant then someone whos best and worst lap were 2 seconds apart and average race lap varying less then 1 second but 7 seconds faster then lap 2. ;D
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 09:18:35 AM by marty »

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2016, 10:43:20 AM »
Thanks wally, had a lot of fun once I got used to the car and it became nicer to driver after the mid season patch.

I would like to thank Grat, Jeremy, Matthew and of course Guybrush for not making half the races which allowed me to scale to these lofty heights of 1st loser.

Thanks Mum and Dad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn2sCa-_kZY
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2016, 11:29:12 AM »
Thx guys it was great fun this season,i had not race with you in a long time but i am definately coming back for the next competition,a bit a of shame not being able to concentrate on it in the last 2 weeks but i have terrific real life commitments lately.Thx wally for your relentless commitment in organizing the races and yes,,,,,Marty well done,you r too good!!!!

Well we will keep in touch and i am looking forward to play with you guys....cheers

Simone

Offline nith

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2016, 03:16:34 PM »
I had a shocker. A night to be forgotten.

Had 15 laps of practice on the server earlier in the week. I think the temps must have been different because i was driving on ice.

Coming into the race i felt i had no control over the car. Tried warming the tyres as much as possible but still made no difference. I had pitconfig setup to repair damage and ended up basically last.

Race 2 i lost control......

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2016, 03:18:11 PM »
Have you tried tears, Simone? ???
it works in the video...

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2016, 03:38:40 PM »
I had a shocker. A night to be forgotten.

Had 15 laps of practice on the server earlier in the week. I think the temps must have been different because i was driving on ice.

Coming into the race i felt i had no control over the car. Tried warming the tyres as much as possible but still made no difference. I had pitconfig setup to repair damage and ended up basically last.

Race 2 i lost control......

There were 2 practice servers one for race 2 dry and the other for race 1 which was wet.

Have you tried tears, Simone? ???
it works in the video..

Its also how Wally got the track wet dont you remember. The tears did well on track so maybe we can send a few of those guys in red cars out to water Simone's trees.  :'( ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal