Xtreme Gaming Network

FFB Clipping App

Author Topic: FFB Clipping App  (Read 18711 times)

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
FFB Clipping App
« on: September 05, 2014, 10:11:54 AM »
Hey Guys, i know we already have a FFB indicator in the Pedal App, and FFB is a very personal thing, but this little tool is pretty cool.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/force-feedback-anti-clipping-tool.14165/

Basically, set FFB in Control Panel AND Car Setup Tab to 100 and drive 3 or 4 CLEAN laps (about 5 minutes) and this App will tell you your optimal FFB Setting. Hitting too many curbs and off-course excursions will skew the results. Then just go back to your SETUP tab and adjust as per recommendation and Bob's your uncle.

Its surprising how much better the FFB feels when adjusted properly to reduce clipping.

Hope this helps somebody,

rob

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: FFB Clipping App
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 03:17:18 PM »
Nice find. 8)
I love things that tell me what to do so I don't have to think. :P

I think the adjustments are for the OPTIONS setting, the SETUP (car specific) should always be at 100 (or so claimed by KS).
It reads what the OPTIONS setting is at, so I don't think it needs to be 100 to start with.

It recommended 67 for me, I changed that in OPTIONS and now it recommends 69, so I'm on the money. ;)
And if you regularly hit curbs, hit them in the test unless you want clipping doing that.

2+2=√16

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 10:04:40 AM »
You are probably right Dave about its meant to be set in OPTIONS, but that means going back out of the Session to change it.

It's probably not as good, but changing it in the SETUP is much easier and more convenient, and to my ham fisted touch I couldn't tell much difference. But I guess that's why you're faster than me lol.  ;)

Cheers mate
rob

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 10:23:48 AM »
I just heard something about the devs saying less than 100 in SETUPS effects the car feel.
I just thought why take the chance when there's an OPTION (sorry about the pun :P).

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal