Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 4 Barcelona is up on RACE server is up...

Author Topic: Round 4 Barcelona is up on RACE server is up...  (Read 20725 times)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Re: Round 4 Barcelona is up on RACE server is up...
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2014, 07:29:37 AM »
Ive had some net issues all night so ended up giving the race a miss as it would likely just end up dropping out or warping just effecting others in a negative way most likely.

I think your issues with RD are probably due to this. I downloaded Barc last night and it took me about 5 minutes.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2014, 07:47:39 AM »
My RD download was quick last night too, FWIW.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2014, 08:07:27 AM »
Pretty strange I did a speed test and was fine but downloading anything took forever. Then had the net completly drop out at home for about 30 minutes. I will need to try figure out whats going on but I tried the QOS options in my router. It didnt seem to make a difference so I dsabled it and now been having issues. Still RD for me regularly is very slow for me even when everything else works fine.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2014, 08:31:04 AM »
We should prolly d/l and host these tracks on dropbox in advance.
I can do that.  Or we can even chuck these on a server somewhere.

btw the racing was really good.

I've figured during the quali that I need to tame the rear end a bit, as this track felt a bit more slippery than others.  And it is twisty.    So I've increased the rollbars significantly, giving the front a bit of extra stiffness to keep the rear end in check.  It has worked really well.  (I love these honest cars, no wings, no funny bits :) )

The first race was all fighting myself through the field, after that early fuckup (sorry!) - we were really wobbly off the line - finally just catching up to Simone in time to overtake him :)

The second race I've spent dogging Guybrush.  Sometimes I was really onto his arse, but always pretty close.   Probably due to the early damage I've induced on him (part of the strategy, obviously!).   All in all, great night, really enjoyed it!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2014, 10:59:10 AM »
Sounds like some good racing shane I missed it, I should be free most thursdays for a while so will try and make a few nites.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2014, 11:31:23 AM »
Good report Bird, can't say my night was that good.
Got through the carnage in the start of race one, remembering low damage and put it down to sim racing... but I didn't get through un-touched, but the over drove the car... as noticed by you and didn't get back into any consistency... again!

NEXT WEEK!
But still love driving it :)

One more for you Bird, do you have the Race one screenshot...        off running and hiding....
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2014, 11:33:50 AM »
Sounds like some good racing shane I missed it, I should be free most thursdays for a while so will try and make a few nites.
I hope so marty, we had 16 on the grid last night, certainly some great racing was voiced...

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2014, 11:59:06 AM »
One more for you Bird, do you have the Race one screenshot...        off running and hiding....
Sorry mate, not this time.  I thought you have worked your problems out as last week it was all good if I remember correctly... :(
I've got replays, if that helps.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2014, 02:22:56 PM »
Yes, so did I!
Race 1 I let the server roll over to prac again, stopped it.
Race 2 I stopped the server after the finish...
on both occasions, Wally's stat too had zero out put to HTML even if the logs were populated.
I think I will get Wally or marty or someone to give me there exact steps...

I know I use the same batch command for the server startup to create logging...
I admit I do get a little rattled on race night... :()

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2014, 02:53:12 PM »

I've got replays, if that helps.

yep, pls send on.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2014, 03:33:27 PM »
I think I have sorted my connection issues, it appears to be QOS in the router settings. I tried it earlier and then turned it off but this seemed to have a very negative impact on my speed. I now went back into the settings and made the LAN port for my main computer highest priority and speed is back to normal.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2014, 03:35:25 PM »
'Twas a good night last night.

Got back from cricket training with about 5 minutes to go in practice and I hadn't run the car/track before so I was expecting a bit of a fight in the mid-field.  Managed to get the hang of it a bit in qual and snagged 2nd on the grid.

Race 1 Aimen lead the way and was very quick early on.  He built a gap to me of a good few seconds, but I started to reel him in and eventually got by with a couple of laps to spare with Wally hot on our heels waiting for us to take each other out, but I think we were quite sensible in our battle which was good.  Ended up crossing the line only a couple of second in front.

Race 2 I started from pole and there was a massive stack off the start line.  Not sure what happened there??? I assumed it would be someone stepping on the gas too much and slipping the end out into someone else.  If you are going to overtake someone off the start on the inside of the track you also need to look to the side to see if anyone else is going to do the same and collide.

Anyway, I think it was on the first lap Bird took a closer look at my rear bumper in an effort to provide me with a more aerodynamic car that had less rear wing.  'Twas a bit of a handful in the corners after that but managed to just stay in front of Bird as he hassled me from behind and we were swapping lap times.  In the end I think there was only a second or two between us.

In all it was a fun track, but probably better suited to the GT and Open Wheeler cars so you get the thrill of those fast sweeping corners.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 03:36:56 PM by Guybrush Threepwood »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2014, 03:39:34 PM »
Anyway, I think it was on the first lap Bird took a closer look at my rear bumper in an effort to provide me with a more aerodynamic car that had less rear wing.  'Twas a bit of a handful in the corners after that but managed to just stay in front of Bird as he hassled me from behind and we were swapping lap times.  In the end I think there was only a second or two between us.

How much less rear wing can you get then this.  ;)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2014, 03:54:41 PM »
I think I have sorted my connection issues, it appears to be QOS in the router settings. I tried it earlier and then turned it off but this seemed to have a very negative impact on my speed. I now went back into the settings and made the LAN port for my main computer highest priority and speed is back to normal.

good news marty...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal