Xtreme Gaming Network

S32 Car Poll

Poll

What cars do you want to drive in season 32?

1960's Touring Car Legends
4 (28.6%)
Formula RSS 3 V6
10 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: S32 Car Poll  (Read 11945 times)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S32 Car Poll
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2020, 02:57:45 PM »
Actually, I found you can disable DRS for the track on the server, so rather than change the car, that's what I'd do.
Sounds good..

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2020, 05:59:29 PM »
So if the Formula 3 gets up (which it looks like it will), do you guys want to run that DRS app we used once before? Here it is: http://xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=1910.0

ahhh DRS. That explain why I cannot match you and Phil's top speed.  Spend an hour testing low wing settings but still could not match the 278kph  ;D
DRS has got nothing to do with it. It's just sheer talent  8)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2020, 09:34:37 AM »
Why are you guys even practicing for a fun run. I like to live on the edge and download the car/track on the night  ;D

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2020, 11:40:26 AM »
Why are you guys even practicing for a fun run. I like to live on the edge and download the car/track on the night  ;D
and there'll be a setup ready for you, thanks to my practice. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2020, 03:55:28 PM »

Haha exactly. Though I do feel like maybe I should do a few laps tonight now.

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2020, 10:02:49 PM »

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2020, 10:02:17 PM »
Cast your final votes... I'll close the poll tomorrow night, and then we'll start season 32 the coming Tuesday.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2020, 02:18:30 PM »
I did like the suggestion of a fixed setup with the gp3 cars, would stop Joe from cheating  :P

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2020, 02:54:58 PM »
I did like the suggestion of a fixed setup with the gp3 cars, would stop Joe from cheating  :P

There is a part of me that agree's with this, but there is also the part of me that does like to tinker a little with the setup. It was a huge let down with legends touring cars that the setup options for some cars are pretty much non existent compared some of the others.

Also I feel in this car the setup is more there to make the car feel how you want it to. I used 3 different setups last night from  low , high downforce and somewhere in the middle as well as hard and super soft suspension, ride heights that varied by quite a bit even the dampers were different for all 3. The end result was more or less the same lap time wise. Tinkering with them just made it a little easier to drive .

TLDR :  I'm fence sitting
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 04:09:51 PM by Jarmel »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2020, 04:39:35 PM »
Fixed setups advantage those drivers for whom the setup just happens to feel comfortable, and disadvantage others. It's like asking sprinters to all wear the same shoe size.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2020, 06:42:16 PM »
Fixed setups advantage those drivers for whom the setup just happens to feel comfortable, and disadvantage others. It's like asking sprinters to all wear the same shoe size.

????????????????????????  wtf????????

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2020, 06:43:01 PM »

or ask all sprinters to go barefoot  ;D  Fixed setups takes away the advantage of those who are rich enough to afford shoes (decadent bolsheviks), i.e. those that can afford to employ engineers to do the setups. 

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2020, 07:17:26 PM »
Fixed setup?! Why just for these cars and not the others? Not really a good idea imo.
Would be good for Joe as he's generally good on default.
I'm pretty average at setting up cars. It's sometimes not about making them fast (think I'm failing at that too often), but just driveable.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 07:29:10 PM by killagorilla »

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2020, 10:06:53 AM »
i.e. those that can afford to employ engineers to do the setups.
http://xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=311.60
If anyone has any requests for setups, post here and I'll try to upload at least a 'car' setup, ie. theoretical numbers for the geometry, such as , cambers, suspension frequency, damper ratios, roll centre, toe as well as aero CoP & AoA (if applicable).
And I'll try to help with any specific issues with your current setup, just ask.
All bulk billed, so affordable for everybody. 8)

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal