Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 3 round 2: Gentrack Race Chat

Author Topic: Season 3 round 2: Gentrack Race Chat  (Read 64295 times)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
Re: Season 3 round 2: Gentrack Race Chat
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2014, 09:13:07 AM »
That's great Schmittez, I put in some laps last night in my ride and down to 43s, so I'll be on early tonight to practice.  As Wally said, it should be close racing,  8)

haha I lied!   I put down a 1:41:203 :-* according to RSR I have another 0:1.4 to find...
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2014, 09:22:48 AM »
That's great Schmittez, I put in some laps last night in my ride and down to 43s, so I'll be on early tonight to practice.  As Wally said, it should be close racing,  8)

haha I lied!   I put down a 1:41:203 :-* according to RSR I have another 0:1.4 to find...

I think that is my lap time Bruce! I did a screaming 1:41:2 last night too. RSR didn't like it. I must have gone over the line where that geen cement is.
PS have you checked out my 1st draft of Shelby Cup award Bruce?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2014, 10:14:06 AM »

And word has it, Insommniac (Dave) hates the 240R! even though he can do a low 1.39

Dave actually got to a low 1.38 in the car be hates, was kind of fun trying to race him as it made me go a bit quicker but even if I was going quicker then Guybrush Dave still had to wait once he got infront just about every lap or id never see him again. At least he wont have to hate that car next week maybe if he gets an elise he will find another car to hate soon enough. ;D

Qualy will be interesting if we get a full turnout. Trying to get a clean lap will be pretty hard tonight with so much traffic. Will be a good test to see how everyones computers handle the gane with so many cars. Following Dick last nite even when he said he got a cpu warning didnt make him do any warping so that theory of mine seems to be shot too lol.

Still see the odd warp from Ed but that was others sharing the net and ping spiking as its fine most of the time. Just the odd random spike mostly when side by side he was disapearing which makes it a little tricky.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2014, 10:48:58 AM »
I  actually like the Elise. Lower your expectations of speed a little, and you can still fang it around the corners  nicely.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2014, 10:59:35 AM »
I do like all the street cars and the elise is pretty good fun with the shifter. I think im on all 3 pedals most of the way around :D. It doesnt like downshifts with a locked rear so need to heel toe and clutch into a couple brake points. Not much can be done setup wise so you just have to drive it to the setup more then tune it to your style.

Its just a sitting duck on the front straight as its about 2 seconds slower there then the quicker cars but that should make for some interesting racing in the mid pack at least. The good thing at this track is the middle of the lap can be easily stuffed up by anyone so error free races will gain a few spots over many if anyone can do it. Im pretty sure the lawns wont need to be moved for a while after our league race at least.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2014, 11:52:28 AM »
I  actually like the Elise. Lower your expectations of speed a little, and you can still fang it around the corners  nicely.

I don't quite like it. 
I mean on one hand it's nice, but it just does not react to my inputs as other cars used to, mostly due to the lack of power and strong understeer-tendency I think.   So yeah, not a big fan as of yet.   But neither of these small lotuses are to my liking, really.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2014, 12:22:03 PM »

PS have you checked out my 1st draft of Shelby Cup award Bruce?
Hehe certainly did :)

tapatalk on an °[●●]°

"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Schmittez

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2014, 12:48:08 PM »
I like to think that what I'm doing to the setup is helping me go faster but I just jumped on the server and just started driving didn't change from the default setup and hit a 1:41.4.

Offline Mopz

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2014, 01:03:19 PM »
Cannot make it tonight Wally, safe to take me out of the list. Good luck to all and have a blast.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2014, 01:30:23 PM »
Cannot make it tonight Wally, safe to take me out of the list. Good luck to all and have a blast.

That's a shame Mopz! I'm sure you would have done well.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2014, 01:51:03 PM »
Cannot make it tonight Wally, safe to take me out of the list. Good luck to all and have a ballast.

Fixed!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2014, 03:39:50 PM »
Cannot make it tonight Wally, safe to take me out not the the list. Good luck to all and have a blast.

Thanks Mopz.

I like to think that what I'm doing to the setup is helping me go faster but I just jumped on the server and just started driving didn't change from the default setup and hit a 1:41.4.

That's the deceptive  thing with setups. It's usually the extra laps you do testing a setup that make you quicker, not the setup changes themselves.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2014, 04:35:19 PM »
Mr Bacchulum is very quiet.
  I bet he's breaking 1:39's too.

You're on 1:41's Wally? How about Bird?

If we are all between 1:42 and 1:39s We will need a wider track..

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2014, 05:02:35 PM »
No track is wide enough for you dick, but there will be quite a few running laps between the 40's and 42's so Im looking forward to the racing.

Here is a great video, shame its recorded and rendered with a potato but shows how to pass the field in an Elise at Bathurst. Some awesome driving by all to give each other enough room to not send anyone into a wall.

[youtube]6S-8fRyyzBg[/youtube]

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2014, 05:38:13 PM »
No track is wide enough for you dick, but there will be quite a few running laps between the 40's and 42's so Im looking forward to the racing.

Here is a great video, shame its recorded and rendered with a potato but shows how to pass the field in an Elise at Bathurst. Some awesome driving by all to give each other enough room to not send anyone into a wall.

[youtube]6S-8fRyyzBg[/youtube]

Holy crap.  I was shitting myself just watching!  Some nice room given by everyone to get through those corners and people backing out when they knew they were done.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal