Xtreme Gaming Network

S15R2: Nurburgring GP Post Race Chat

Author Topic: S15R2: Nurburgring GP Post Race Chat  (Read 36024 times)

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S15R2: Nurburgring GP Post Race Chat
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2017, 09:58:17 AM »
I pulled over to the left before the tight chicane without any intention to pass, just to not ram him up the arse and cause a major accident. Vipergod ended up braking later than I had anticipated and of course my car just wouldn't pull up and I locked it up only to punt off Rob :(  really sorry mate.

At this point I don't know whether to keep going with this season or to quit as I don't want to ruin other players racing.

Hey Des, don't give up because of me mate. I know you are struggling with chronic back issues and pain killers. I have raced with you long enough that to know that you don't "dive bomb" on purpose. You were just having a bad night.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2017, 10:00:16 AM »

The standard of racing is appalling and getting worse each season and I am sick of being taken out by people who probably cant even drive a real car by the looks of it
From what I see, reviewing opening laps and so on, I wouldn't say the racing standard is appalling or deteriorating. Fields are quite big, so the chance that you will be involved in an accident is higher.

Do you have any suggestions for how to improve driving standards?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2017, 10:11:57 AM »

The standard of racing is appalling and getting worse each season and I am sick of being taken out by people who probably cant even drive a real car by the looks of it
From what I see, reviewing opening laps and so on, I wouldn't say the racing standard is appalling or deteriorating. Fields are quite big, so the chance that you will be involved in an accident is higher.

Do you have any suggestions for how to improve driving standards?

Yes I agree its no worse, but it should be getting better,   I cant think of anyway to make people value their car as its a real one cause its not and not everyone gets immersed in the feeling of it being a real car.

Maybe some system where we had pretend money and we won money from races to buy better cars out of a choice of cars
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2017, 10:21:21 AM »
Wally, I definitely don't want to increase your already mammoth workload, but is there any way for AC (or an App) to automatically (repeat, automatically) generate an incident report? I know it won't be able to apportion blame but just a count of incidents during a race. We could have a best and fairest award for the season where the number of incidents during the season are taken into account.

I know the first reaction from some people will be "but it wasn't my fault", but it may alert some drivers that their incident count is higher than others and more caution is required.

Just a thought.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 11:29:42 AM by rob »

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2017, 10:23:46 AM »
Race 1 hit again same as last week , broke wing spun next corner to last.
Race 2 my car was orange on every panel apart from left door by end of lap 1,  ended up being taken out by a car spinning lap 2

Harsh words Phil.
Don't take this the wrong way mate, but maybe disappointment has clouded your memory.

Race 1, the only contact you had was a slight touch with Jeremy between T2 & T3 on lap 1, then you spun all by yourself at T3 but avoided hitting the wall. Your charge through the field from here was truly amazing making so many passes without any contact at all. To get on the podium was remarkable.

Race 2 replay shows that you had no contact at all on lap 1. Lap 2 Seanus ran wide at the Schumacher S which may have balked you, but you ran off and into the wall with no contact with anyone, then you quit.
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2017, 10:26:32 AM »
Race 1 hit again same as last week , broke wing spun next corner to last.
Race 2 my car was orange on every panel apart from left door by end of lap 1,  ended up being taken out by a car spinning lap 2

Harsh words Phil.
Don't take this the wrong way mate, but maybe disappointment has clouded your memory.

Race 1, the only contact you had was a slight touch with Jeremy between T2 & T3 on lap 1, then you spun all by yourself at T3 but avoided hitting the wall. Your charge through the field from here was truly amazing making so many passes without any contact at all. To get on the podium was remarkable.

Race 2 replay shows that you had no contact at all on lap 1. Lap 2 Seanus ran wide at the Schumacher S which may have balked you, but you ran off and into the wall with no contact with anyone, then you quit.

Race 1 i was hit which put me all wrong for the next corner.  race 2 it was hit the car or hit the wall

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2017, 11:41:58 AM »
race 2 it was hit the car or hit the wall
Sorry about being the protagonist here. I had already given you a shove in our side by side adventure (it looked to me and I hope to others to be a racing incident) so I can well imagine how pissed off you must have been when I propped in front of you.

its ok I have had my little cry and am happy again

Offline keithsgillan

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2017, 11:44:25 AM »
First of all my sincerest apologies to Simone, Wally and AJ for the collisions. Certainly not my proudest of rounds, I guess I need to work on my depth perception when racing close.

If it weren't for those three incidents I would have called it a good round.

Carrying the penalty weights next week and dropping in for some much needed practice, I look forward to an incident free race night next Tuesday.

Are the weight penalties also added to the practice server?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2017, 12:36:24 PM »
Wally, I definitely don't want to increase your already mammoth workload, but is there any way for AC (or an App) to automatically (repeat, automatically) generate an incident report? I know it won't be able to apportion blame but just a count of incidents during a race. We could have a best and fairest award for the season where the number of incidents during the season are taken into account.

I know the first reaction from some people will be "but it wasn't my fault", but it may alert some drivers that their incident count is higher than others and more caution is required.

Just a thought.
There is a contact report, but it reports every little touch, and can't apportion who hit who. It just identifies the two cars that touch. So there's a lot of noise.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2017, 12:37:07 PM »
First of all my sincerest apologies to Simone, Wally and AJ for the collisions. Certainly not my proudest of rounds, I guess I need to work on my depth perception when racing close.

Carrying the penalty weights next week and dropping in for some much needed practice, I look forward to an incident free race night next Tuesday.

Yes.

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2017, 01:08:33 PM »
Was unfortunately involved in early crashes in both races. Sorry I ended up running into you in the first one Wally, I thought for sure I was going wide enough to go around behind your car as it seemed like it was sliding then it caught grip at the wrong moment and lurched into my path. Just to note though, I went and pitted shortly after and told my pit crew to fix my car's body (and therefore the broken glass) and it took slightly shorter than the tyres change, so didn't make my stop any longer than it would have been otherwise.
No worries AJ, I was out of control sliding and hard to avoid in the corner. I was wondering about the repair time. I virtually never repair anything because I don't know which repair option is going to suddenly make your pit stop 1 minute longer.

Yeah I don't usually bother with the repairs either but I was already at the back so I thought why not give it a go :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2017, 01:12:01 PM »

Just a thought.
There is a contact report, but it reports every little touch, and can't apportion who hit who. It just identifies the two cars that touch. So there's a lot of noise.

I would find a contacts per race stat interesting, even though minor rubs arent an issue most of the time I still try to avoid any contact at all times. Those having more contacts could then look at ways to try and avoid these and maybe leave a bit more room next time.

Those that can race clean most races would show up in the stats and it should show that its possible. There are many times where contact isnt your fault but the cleaner drivers will generally always show less contacts.

Near the front of the pack I really havent seen many issues around me, Ive also had a majority of contact free races. Last season I think 2 of the later races I was taken out lap 1 which did give the other guys a penalty plus that race 1 lol where I was a bit of a punching bag to a new member.  ;D

Mid pack will likely always be where more contact happens especially early. Lots of this could still be avoided with a little more caution from all drivers but its racing so accidents will still always happen. I cant recall ever seeing anyone in an xgn race appear to purposefully hit another driver so all incidents are eother a basic driving error or a lack of awareness by 1 or both drivers.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2017, 02:22:38 PM »
Lovely night race for a change,this time i was determined to carry on does not matter what and it paid off in terms of fun,i thought whats the point to press ESC and get a cold beer on every accident,it is hard,,very hard in the first lap cause you know you will be last but hey..... ,,,,,i prefered keep racing!!

In the second race i had a ball,,,,really i had ball it was lovely to beat ppl like ,,wally.....russg.....and many others,loved it!!!!

The penalties for cuttings.i agree,the system is clear and rules are rules but hey,i mean i have never ever took any time advantages by cuttings,on the contrary...and to be honest my were not even cuttings they were just off roads that i repeat,only costed me time...plus the 10 sec penalty,but no worries cause i had fun.

Regarding the crashes and the so called appaling driving lately...really,,,???  i have been racing with you guys for the last 10 years and i thought this group is the best in terms of quality of driving.As i said i prefer loosing a couples of sec (especially...ESPECIALLY during the first few laps) that ending up on the grass........ after all is that what happens in real life?  Most races are lost in the first corner

HEY WALLY,,,,JOE,,,,,RUSSG,,,MARTY........SUUUUUUUUUUCK iTTTTTTTTT!!!!!! :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2017, 02:29:27 PM »

No problem at all Keithrichard,you r welcomed all the time,but you were lucky my teamspeak was not working at the time........ ;D ;D ;D  see you  next week mate!!!!

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2017, 02:48:47 PM »
[Or how about we just turn penalties off? If I want to stay between the lines I'd play Tennis]

We can only do that with F1 cars, have to keep it real  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal