Xtreme Gaming Network

Fun run - Lotus 98T at Hockenheimring GP

Author Topic: Fun run - Lotus 98T at Hockenheimring GP  (Read 16169 times)

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
Re: Fun run - Lotus 98T at Hockenheimring GP
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2020, 01:17:13 PM »
tomorrow is going to be chaos >.< hahaha
 ;D

will need to try mapping the turbo but thast a lot for this (less than) rookie to try handle :)

As you'll want to use a gated shifter* I have mapped the turbo to the shifter paddles.

50 to 100ms for your time to change gears vs 220ms with sequential shifting.  :-\
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2020, 01:28:26 PM »
tomorrow is going to be chaos >.< hahaha
 ;D

will need to try mapping the turbo but thast a lot for this (less than) rookie to try handle :)

As you'll want to use a gated shifter* I have mapped the turbo to the shifter paddles.

50 to 100ms for your time to change gears vs 220ms with sequential shifting.  :-\
I was half thinking of mapping my gated shifter gears to turbo levels, such that 1st = 10%, 2nd = 20%, through to 6th = 60%. Maybe.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2020, 08:12:31 AM »
These things are brutal......and I love it  :o
It going to be a very hard night tonight but that’s not a bad thing, playing around with the turbo last night it was interesting to see how much speed is added with each increment of boost. Getting out of the two slow corners is going to be really interesting with such a massive hand grenadine under the right foot 8) 

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2020, 09:48:16 AM »
Tried it out last night. Yeah, I'm pretty sure this 98T and me won't become buddies...lacking patience...and driving skills...

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2020, 09:54:29 AM »
Default-Joe hasn't put up a time yet...wonder if a 1:24 is possible  ;)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2020, 10:23:31 AM »

Haha I haven't even done a lap so I'm not expecting much later. My H-shifter always seems to loose 1st but maybe won't be needed in these

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2020, 10:25:37 AM »

Haha I haven't even done a lap so I'm not expecting much later. My H-shifter always seems to loose 1st but maybe won't be needed in these

Don't be so sure, it is gutless outside its powerband. 1st gear is needed to keep that turbo singing  :D

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2020, 11:38:47 AM »
I find this track isn't good for this car...barriers and walls are way too close to the track  ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2020, 06:06:14 PM »
Server's up, with the usual password.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2020, 09:08:06 AM »
I like this car. I think with a little practice would be a fun season but possibly would attract lower numbers

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2020, 09:33:04 AM »
Wow  :o I didn’t expect to have night like that. I really loved not having to worry about setting up the car and simply being able to focus on learning how to drive. These cars were so hard and my brain was absolutely fried by the end of the night but it was great. To say I enjoyed it would be an understatement, but I was shocked by the results....I’m not sure how others felt about these cars but I think they really suited me because you couldn’t drive them at 100% all of the time. I like the fact that you had to think a lot about how you put the power down and drive them carefully because they were so vicious. Part of me loved the fact that if you didn’t respect these cars, you’d end up tank slapping into a wall!

For me, the first two races were more about driving carefully, not making mistakes and managing the car rather than brutal outright speed. I actually like that sort of race management which you don’t get from modern cars which you drive flat out all the time, but I don’t think they’d be everyone’s cup of tea either. The final race were we had no damaged, no restrictions, really threw me. Like others, knowing the car was industruckable I just wound up the boot to 100% and started playing mash with the throttle which didn’t end well...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2020, 09:56:18 AM »
Yeah, the 0 damage didn't really work out too well in hindsight. I struggle with cars where I can't just mash the throttle!

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2020, 02:41:10 PM »
Yeah, the 0 damage didn't really work out too well in hindsight. I struggle with cars where I can't just mash the throttle!
I left it on 70% and won the race . . . so that says something!

I was definately starting to get used to the car toward the end.  I felt you could light up the rears a bit but still control it so not bad but
as Bradc said, might not be everyones cup of tea.
The starts were crazy, I dropped the boost to 60 and eased it away and found myself absolutely flying past everyone.  One of the starts
i went from 2nd last to 4th before turn two!!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 02:43:57 PM by Freezer »

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2020, 03:02:17 PM »
Must say I preferred the last race with damage off, went the other way than Freezer and left it on a 100% Had a fun battle with Joe while moving through the field.

Multitasking is a bit beyond me so adjusting the turbo while driving is not the best idea  ;D

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2020, 06:06:33 PM »
I wasn't as slow as I was expecting to be, but I lacked consistency...was affected by mistakes of others and made mistakes myself.
The starts were just a mess...actually pure luck that I didn't contribute to it.
This car is not a good car for a default setup season imo.
So I got a bit used to it, but I don't think it would be my pick for a season.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal