Xtreme Gaming Network

S18R6: Nurburgring Sprint GT Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S18R6: Nurburgring Sprint GT Post-Race Chat  (Read 5836 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S18R6: Nurburgring Sprint GT Post-Race Chat
« on: September 19, 2017, 08:13:03 PM »
RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Penalties
Race 1
Phil locked up under brakes and ran into the rear of Bueller – penalty ballast.
There was a bit of a ricochet when Dave O pulled right to avoid Russ who was re-entering the track, but bounced off of Dr.Dinkum back into Russ. Because Dave was giving a re-entering car room, that was a racing incident.

Race 2
JamieP ran into the back of Freezer, spinning him – penalty ballast.

Round Points
Phil.8   94
buellersdayoff   90
Jeremy   87
Shayne   87
Wally   84
Matthew111   82
Seanus   78
Mael   75
diehard   72
killagorilla   67
Joe   65
Freezer   62
Bacchulum   56
RussG   55
bradc   52
Dave O   47
Doobs   46
Dr.Dinkum   46
JamieP   41
DC   33
ab156   21

Congratulations to DC and Phil on the race wins, and Phil for the overall round win.

Season Podium
With Kcender missing this round and Joe having a poor round, there's been some movement in the season podium, with Matthew and Jeremy moving up into 2nd and 3rd behind Phil.
This also sees Struggle Street Racing Crew move up well in the team standings, now only 6 points behind Krahl Racing.

1. Phil.8, 423
2. Matthew111, 401
3. Jeremy, 399

Teams Podium
1. Krahl Racing, 806
2. Struggle Street Racing Crew, 800
3. Maki Engineering, 742
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 10:33:48 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
Re: S18R6: Nurburgring Sprint GT Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 10:11:00 PM »
Glad to make it in the end. The little guy fell asleep on the sofa so managed to jump straight into qually but didn't get too many laps done and started 10th.

Had a little battle with killa on lap 1 but then was hit from behind going into T1 on the second lap and lost about 8 places, was back in 19th. Someone apologied but unsure who it was. Was some good racing getting back through the pack and made up a few places, but being back there I wasn't able to put in a good lap time which then impacted my second race start position of 12th or 13th. Last night I did a 1:44.7 on the practice server so was hoping to be nearer the front.

Race 2 was good fun with a few good side by side battles with several people and I could spy my nemesis Mael close ahead. In front was a big group of cars but with my heavy restrictor I'd catch up through the first two sectors in the corners then loose them all again down the back straight. Somewhere nearing the end killa outbraked himself going down the inside of the last chicane and hit Diehard. I had to nearly stop to avoid it which lost the pack of cars ahead. Finished 10th but had hoped for a bit better overall.

School holidays next week so will miss the last round.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 10:19:29 PM »
Couldn't find a groove, I'd just came off a 3 day cruise ship this morning and still feeling the motions of it.

R1 good qualifying and good start but too cautious into turn one and got a tap on the rear, all good, lost a few spots and couldn't get them back.

R2 front of the grid, dicing with Phil and DC for a little bit but DC left and Phil got away from me. Was hoping his wheels would fall off, the way he was driving, but that didn't happen. Just had to settle in for second but by about lap 15 the cruise motion really got to me and Jeremy started to gain on me. Managed to keep second place but I can feel the restriction growing lol. Good racing, fun night thanks
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 11:08:35 PM by buellersdayoff »

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 10:44:37 PM »
Too lazy for a race report but a shout-out for Matthew, Diehard & Wally. it was fantastic racing  :)

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 10:49:16 PM »
I just can't come to terms with these things or find any speed. New wheel and pedals are helping a lot with consistency but just cant seem to find a setup that works for me.

Apologies to Doobs for race 1 and Freezer for race 2 for 2 pretty ordinary pieces of driving. Penalty ballast will be forthcoming if not already assigned I would assume.

Bring on the end of this series and onto the next one.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 10:53:58 PM »
Well I towed the box trailer around in qualy and couldn't really do a lot to impress so started way down the back.  Race one was
pretty hectic and I generally benefited from others spinning etc with the exception of Bradc.  I was having a braking dual with AB into
t1  when right at the last bit Bradc turned in from the outside line.  I was on he inside and had nothing left and gave him a touch . . so apologies to Bradc, couldn't avoid you.
R2 Started 15th but got spun on lap 1 by JamieP which saw me in 20th.  From there it was an excellent and hard fought race.  Battled all the way back to 12th with some tough passes on
Bacchulum, Bradc, RussG and Doobs.  The lack of weight in this race saw me a bit over a second quicker on my best laps and thankfully no penalty for next week. :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 09:35:08 AM »
A really good night for me, results wise. 4th in race 2 was the highest I've finished in a long time, seeing me move up 4 spots on the ladder and earn some more restrictor.

In race 1 I list a few spots early on when I started well but had to avoid the Phil/Bueller incident. After that I had a good battle with Jeremy for a while and ended up chasing him home. Race 2 was notable for being under pressure from Shayne for most of the second half, with me trying hard not to make a mistake that would let him by.

And kudos to Phil for still winning race 2 with 100% restrictor!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 09:37:47 AM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Shayne

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2017, 10:09:54 AM »
It was a good night of racing for me, only a couple little bumps with others but nothing worth mentioning, just close racing all round.

Race 1: I placed well in qualifying so felt I had a good chance to get a good finishing position. The Phil/Bueller incident gave me 2nd place after T1 and from there on I just had to keep it on track, didn't get a chance to battle for the lead as DC made a good gap after that T1 incident and from there he just kept his pace up when needed to manage the gap. I had some good pressure from Matthew most of the race but in the end I was able to hold out and finish 2nd.

Race 2: Apparently my fastest lap, wasn't actually that fast. Probably because most laps I was being a bit protective to make sure I wasn't giving Matthew any chances to make a move. Still not a bad start, starting in 6th. Had some good racing with Jeremy at the start until I went a little wide and lost a position to him. Similar thing happened with Matthew, he got a good run on the last corner when i didn't and was able to take me down the front straight. A few laps later I was able to return the favor and do the same move back on Matthew. Then I found myself battling that Wally guy and what a battle it was! I got close a few times but was just getting beaten down the straights, I was trying to pressure Wally into making a critical mistake but it never came. Nice driving Wally! I really enjoyed that :D

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2017, 12:51:17 PM »
Well done the winners.

Had some really nice, clean racing in R1 and with Joe in R2.  Thanks

All I can say is that if double moves to block in braking zones and not being able to drive in a straight line are the new order of business.... next week is going to be a crashfest   ???

Good luck all!

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2017, 12:57:07 PM »
All I can say is that if double moves to block in braking zones and not being able to drive in a straight line are the new order of business.... next week is going to be a crashfest   ???

Well we are following the example set by the professional F1 boys!    :P

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2017, 06:00:46 PM »
I had an ordinary night points wise, but still had a good nights racing in the main.

Race 1: I can't really remember how I ended up where I was. ( I remember now....the stinking chicane. A pox on them. Early on I couldn't find rhythm in the traffic and kept setting myself up for being passed. Got spun at the chicken (no biggie) and had fun chasing, but not passing people.

Race 2: Well done to the couple of guys that managed to get out of my way at the first hairpin when I missed my brake marker, being on the inside of the track, and barreled up the inside all locked up and smoking. Sorry about that. After that I went off the circuit somewhere and lost five positions. Spent the rest of the race chasing, and not passing people.

Good fun though.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2017, 08:45:37 PM »
Well done to the couple of guys that managed to get out of my way at the first hairpin when I missed my brake marker, being on the inside of the track, and barreled up the inside all locked up and smoking.

Haha so that was you! I don't run the virtual mirror but luckily I saw you coming fast on Helicorsa and pulled over to the left  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal