Xtreme Gaming Network

Future Season Ideas

Poll

Which future series do you like the sound of?

GT2 - Ferrari 458 GT2, BMW M3 GT2, Corvette C7R
25 (14.6%)
GT - Single make - Lotus 2 Eleven GT4
5 (2.9%)
GT - Single make - Lamborghini Huracan ST (Super Trofeo series)
4 (2.3%)
Track day - Lotus 2 Eleven/KTM X-Bow
9 (5.3%)
Open Wheeler - Single make - Ferrari F138
17 (9.9%)
Multiclass - Mercedes-Benz C9 1989 LM vs Mercedes-Benz 190E EVO II
6 (3.5%)
Track day - Mazda MX5 Cup
13 (7.6%)
Road - BMW M3 E92 Step 1 vs Alfa Romeo 4C vs Lotus Exige 240R
14 (8.2%)
Road - Abarth 500 Assetto Corse
3 (1.8%)
Road - Audi S1
2 (1.2%)
Open Wheeler (Single Seater) - Praga R1
10 (5.8%)
Supercar - Ferrari 488 GTB
7 (4.1%)
Race - Porsche 911 RSR
13 (7.6%)
GT - Porsche Cayman GT4
7 (4.1%)
Race - Porsche 917/30 CanAm 1973
11 (6.4%)
LMP1 - Porsche 919 (+ others?)
10 (5.8%)
GT - Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017
15 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Author Topic: Future Season Ideas  (Read 170959 times)

MG

Re: Future Season Ideas
« Reply #105 on: December 18, 2016, 06:29:23 AM »
In general, I'd like to stick to original AC cars, for "genuine" physics. There are plenty to choose from!
I agree, iam not much for the modded tracks or cars.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 23, 2016, 10:53:17 AM »
I added "GT - Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017" as an option. This is a fantastic race car, I reckon, running in the Carrera Cup series. Hard sprung, bounces around, can get unsettled.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

MG

« Reply #107 on: December 23, 2016, 03:26:30 PM »
Ok, for next season if we DONT run the F138 this season lets run with the 2015 turbo F1 Ferrari.

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 23, 2016, 03:48:41 PM »
Not sure that's the greatest idea since half the people probably don't have the buttons and/or the ability to get anywhere near the best out of them.

MG

« Reply #109 on: December 24, 2016, 07:08:29 AM »
Your probably right but that shouldn't stop us from giving it a go at a later date!

My suggestion has nothing to do with cars, for me nicknames are fine on the forum but on the track we should be racing using our real names, for me it makes it a little more personal if that's the right word.

In our forum sigs we should have to have our real name so we know who everyone's real name is when we get on the server. I would rather say during a race "great overtake Dave" instead if "good job umm unfknbelievable  :o"!!!

Buts that's just what iam used too!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 07:10:21 AM by MG »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 24, 2016, 07:34:26 AM »
Your probably right but that shouldn't stop us from giving it a go at a later date!

My suggestion has nothing to do with cars, for me nicknames are fine on the forum but on the track we should be racing using our real names, for me it makes it a little more personal if that's the right word.

In our forum sigs we should have to have our real name so we know who everyone's real name is when we get on the server. I would rather say during a race "great overtake Dave" instead if "good job umm unfknbelievable  :o"!!!

Buts that's just what iam used too!

I'm not fussed whether people use their real names or not, and prefer to let people race with whatever name they want. It's their choice. But I would like to see some consistency between forum names and racing names, as it gets confusing otherwise. I might see if I can edit people's profiles on the forum to add their track name in the avatar section, where their forum name is different.

E. G. I've done it for GzeroD, on the left here: http://xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=1732.msg32668#msg32668
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 07:39:43 AM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

MG

« Reply #111 on: December 24, 2016, 07:50:09 AM »
IMO it just makes it easier for ME to get to know the guys better, my first league was a nickname league and because of this they could race whatever way they wanted then use their real name when it really mattered, in AC you get a iRacing type rating, nothing stopping someone with a bad rep who uses a nickname to change to his real one and vice versa, I just think that here, when you race you race as you not as whatever you like to call yourself!

Just my opinion!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 24, 2016, 08:20:54 AM »
in AC you get a iRacing type rating, nothing stopping someone with a bad rep who uses a nickname to change to his real one and vice versa, I just think that here, when you race you race as you not as whatever you like to call yourself!

Just my opinion!

The minorating system in AC isnt linked to user name but guid so changing the name makes no difference its just past racing history on any servers running the system. Also you dont have easy access to others ratings only if your in the server you can see others ratings or admins.

In the league its not like people keep changing their name to hide past history in league races. Everyone keeps the same name and entry is also via GUID on main seasons where Wally sets driver names anyway. This is just what they entered the season as and can be changed if someone asks but we all know who is who.

I havent had any issues with anyone here other then a couple guys in their first race or 2 not quite up with the general clean and fair driving standard of the league.

This includes using Wally's PLP app for track limits and not openly trying to abuse these for an unfair advantage and also leaving racing room for others trying best to avoid contact.

Real names or not dont exactly bother me and I cant see how using a nickname will allow someone to hide behind this. Its the individuals action on track that matters and changing their ingame name has no effect on this.

MG

« Reply #113 on: December 24, 2016, 10:56:15 AM »
Iam not saying people use nicknames to hide behind them Marty, it's just from my previous experience with leagues that race using their real names for me it just makes it easier for me to get to know them more personally....that's all. Don't get me wrong as Iam definitely not accusing anyone of doing that here. It's just something I will have to get used to...no dramas 😃. Agreed it's up to the individual to do the right thing  👍.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 24, 2016, 02:56:24 PM »
Yea but even if using realistic names it may not still be a real name. You still get to know people by their ingame name whatever it is, Id personally prefer normal names, first names at least but its not a big deal either way for me.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 24, 2016, 10:59:09 PM »
Yes, at least I use a real name as my alias ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 24, 2016, 11:34:00 PM »
It's good that AC supports server side naming,  I normally race as GzeroD on any given server but on the managed XGN servers I appear as Seanus. This is great as I can work on the (in)famous reputation of my online persona in public but still use a human friendly name for my league appearances without having to remember to edit my ingame nickname.
It would be cool (IMHO) if others could follow this scheme, for example only;

XGN Wally Masterson = Wally (we known you're XGN already)
shameless_1 = Shameless (just cleaner looking) or Des
etc etc

This would also help keep the replays cleaner looking when the driver's names are showing.

Mostly just use what you would like to be called over TeamSpeak, You can't pronounce GzeroD(G0D perhaps) so I use Seanus.
Anyway it not a huge concern as we all learn each others name eventually, although it took me a month to realise grat and Gratualin were different people!

Just to explain the XGN in my name - it's a promotional "tool" for when I'm in a public server, or setting lap times on the RSR rank.

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 25, 2016, 06:47:15 PM »
It's good that AC supports server side naming,  I normally race as GzeroD on any given server but on the managed XGN servers I appear as Seanus. This is great as I can work on the (in)famous reputation of my online persona in public but still use a human friendly name for my league appearances without having to remember to edit my ingame nickname.
It would be cool (IMHO) if others could follow this scheme, for example only;

XGN Wally Masterson = Wally (we known you're XGN already)
shameless_1 = Shameless (just cleaner looking) or Des
etc etc

This would also help keep the replays cleaner looking when the driver's names are showing.

Mostly just use what you would like to be called over TeamSpeak, You can't pronounce GzeroD(G0D perhaps) so I use Seanus.
Anyway it not a huge concern as we all learn each others name eventually, although it took me a month to realise grat and Gratualin were different people!

It's "Dez" actually ;) I think Bruce may have been a tad drunk ;) when he called me Des.  I've had many nicks over the years, Shameless is usually taken so it's either ShamelessOne or Shameless_1. I have no issues being Dez again though.  My youtube nick is OnlyShameless.   My shameless nick came about from the song by Garth Brooks - Shameless.  years ago.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 04:42:39 PM by Shameless_1 »
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #118 on: December 26, 2016, 10:26:23 AM »
Sorry Dez,  I was spelling from the spoken word!  Jeez, am.i getting or have a reputation for drinking?  :) ( hehe, it's more I have a low tolerance, well that's my excuse.)
I have "misplaced"  all the old XGN race stats so also had to rely on my memory!
Back on topic...
Just call me Bruce.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 26, 2016, 12:55:23 PM »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal