Xtreme Gaming Network

Assetto Corsa

Author Topic: Assetto Corsa  (Read 224615 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Assetto Corsa
« Reply #255 on: April 25, 2014, 08:09:42 AM »
Do you know about the 103% thing? :o
Huh???
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 25, 2014, 08:20:12 AM »
Apparently (I haven't tried yet) you can turn the engine up to 103%.
(which is irrational as 100% is maximum)
(I hate irrational >:()

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 25, 2014, 04:24:05 PM »
Have you guys seen this? A customisable dash display you can show on another device like a tablet while you're driving. Awesome idea.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/simracing-dashboard-version-0-11b.2466/

Here's a screenie of a motec style dash on my tablet. I've edited the dash to add a delta to best time. Thereaare several styles of dash to choose from. It's pretty cool!

[Old attachment deleted by admin to free up space]
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 25, 2014, 07:30:02 PM »

Check my setups - they all use this.  But it won't increase engine power, it increases the engine revs I reckon, allowing it to be over the 100% "normal" range or somesuch.  Here's my setup for monza.  Btw you can lose a crapload of time for any messed-up corner exit - due to the long straights next :)

[Old attachment deleted by admin to free up space]

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 26, 2014, 10:49:13 AM »
Have you guys seen this? A customisable dash display you can show on another device like a tablet while you're driving. Awesome idea.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/simracing-dashboard-version-0-11b.2466/

Here's a screenie of a motec style dash on my tablet. I've edited the dash to add a delta to best time. Thereaare several styles of dash to choose from. It's pretty cool!

Hey Wally, I finally got the dash to work (had to create a rule in the firewall) but I have not been able to find too many "Styles". Could you please tell me where you got the Motec one, or did you create it yourself?

cheers
rob

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 26, 2014, 01:19:27 PM »

Hey Wally, I finally got the dash to work (had to create a rule in the firewall) but I have not been able to find too many "Styles". Could you please tell me where you got the Motec one, or did you create it yourself?

cheers
rob

When you run that program, and you get the little window with the "Start engine" button, there is a link in that window to go to "Styles". You just download a zip file and drop it into the Styles folder of where you installed the program.

You can also get to them here: http://www.simracing-tools.de/simtools/index.php/en/dashboard/style-gallery

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 26, 2014, 03:16:08 PM »
Thanks Wally. I got so frustrated getting it going I missed the obvious.

cheers mate
rob

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 26, 2014, 05:41:43 PM »

Check my setups - they all use this.  But it won't increase engine power, it increases the engine revs I reckon, allowing it to be over the 100% "normal" range or somesuch.  Here's my setup for monza.  Btw you can lose a crapload of time for any messed-up corner exit - due to the long straights next :)
Thanks Steve. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 26, 2014, 07:26:45 PM »
Rob, you seem to be quite close !  Well done!

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 26, 2014, 08:34:26 PM »
Thanks Istvan, I put in some serious time to try and improve. Your time is still safe though, I seem to have hit my limit.

The improvements came from a combination of 103%, setup tweaks, and being too stubborn to give in. lol

cheers
rob

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 26, 2014, 11:42:30 PM »
nice!
I thought a few times that I hit my limit, only to realise it wasn't really that, yet. :)

For me changing tracks and coming back later helps heaps, I'm honing my setup skills with the car as well in the meantime...I've tried the m3/mugello race challenge on alien tonight...sheesh, those guys are effing fast.  And they're like tanks, I came out second best of every bump.  But managed, finally. Funny thing is that I run a pb by about .5 on one of the laps while I was trying desperately to catch the leader :)

2:2.93 - not too shabby :)
http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/index.php?page=rank&track=5&car=47&rank_type=all&tyre_type=all&controller_type=all&community=all&friends=all

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 27, 2014, 11:43:26 AM »
I am in 125th position ,,heheheheeee  getting there,extremely fun car this one,one of the best!

,,,,WOW!!!

http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/index.php?page=rank&car=47&track=5&controller_type=all&tyre_type=all&rank_type=all&community=all&friends=all&p=2
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 08:19:20 PM by 9Metal »

Offline bulldog

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 27, 2014, 06:37:45 PM »
hi you chaps going to do a league for assetto corsa seeing multi is on its way cheers

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 27, 2014, 10:13:09 PM »
hi you chaps going to do a league for assetto corsa seeing multi is on its way cheers

I'm sure we will in some way. We're all hanging out for it.

Offline bulldog

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 28, 2014, 08:07:04 AM »
nice

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal