Xtreme Gaming Network

Assetto Corsa

Author Topic: Assetto Corsa  (Read 224579 times)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
Re: Assetto Corsa
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2013, 02:40:17 PM »
yeah the triple monitor gadget it is.   I've tweaked it a bit too, as it looked weird with the 'correct' numbers in.  Mostly I was too far, not too close, and the side monitors didn't line up properly - I had to give them a much higher angle for straight lines to run straight from my viewpoint.

Good to hear the single 780 does that great of a job...I might just upgrade.  2x670 can't do all details @80fps, only around 50 I think (haven't checked with the last version and it may depend on track and other factors...)  Although 5900x1200 is ~7mp, yours is "only" ~6mp

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2013, 08:47:29 PM »
I've got my triple monitors set up now. Jaw dropping! With everything pretty much maxxed out (except for the reflection settings) I'm getting 80 - 90 FPS at 5840 x 1080 with the single GTX 780.

For those of you with triples, how are you adjusting your view? I've played with the triple screen app, where if you put in real numbers for distances, sizes and angles, it seems to put you way too close to the windscreen. I've tweaked that to what looks good to me, but then find I still have to move the seat nearly all the way back if I want to see a little of the dash.

And is the FOV then automatic? Changing the FOV doesn't seem to make any difference.

These are my settings in the triple screen app Wally, I quite like like this view, you might like to try..

Rotation Spinner 27  Distance Spinner 1831  Spinner Screen Width 1913  Margin Spinner 28.

I adjust seat position for each car via seat app.  Dave O.
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2013, 08:30:19 AM »
I've got my triple monitors set up now. Jaw dropping! With everything pretty much maxxed out (except for the reflection settings) I'm getting 80 - 90 FPS at 5840 x 1080 with the single GTX 780.

For those of you with triples, how are you adjusting your view? I've played with the triple screen app, where if you put in real numbers for distances, sizes and angles, it seems to put you way too close to the windscreen. I've tweaked that to what looks good to me, but then find I still have to move the seat nearly all the way back if I want to see a little of the dash.

And is the FOV then automatic? Changing the FOV doesn't seem to make any difference.

These are my settings in the triple screen app Wally, I quite like like this view, you might like to try..

Rotation Spinner 27  Distance Spinner 1831  Spinner Screen Width 1913  Margin Spinner 28.

I adjust seat position for each car via seat app.  Dave O.

geezus, you're 1.8m away from the screen?  (the distances are in millimeters)  if not, you're using a much lower fov than what's realistic - based on this.  altho....you probably don't have a 1.9m wide screen either.  Ok scrap that :)   But it's definitely weird.  I reckon if you reduce the distance & width to "normal", you'd end up with roughly the same view. 

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2013, 12:58:22 PM »
Mathematically, it's just the ratio of width to distance that's important.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2013, 11:37:23 PM »
Yeah, you're right Istvan, very similar view but a much better FOV. Finding the apex's a lot easier too.

Thanks m8.  :)  Dave O.
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2013, 09:24:58 AM »
great! :D  What's your side monitor angle, though, guys?  I had to increase mine to about 3 times to what it really is...I have a feeling something isn't right :)

I've 800 distance 510 width and 45 bezel,  And that's realistic and looking good.
But the angle of the screens is around 15-20 degrees, and I need to set it to 50-55 for it look right.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 09:34:26 AM by Bird »

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2013, 09:41:40 AM »
Gents; a test.
I'm setting everything to max, but no blur nor hdr.   What fps you're getting at monza66 in the lotus historic?
Assuming it's the top value I'm getting around 35, running 2x670 in SLI at 5900x1200
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 10:01:10 AM by Bird »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2013, 06:57:02 PM »
great! :D  What's your side monitor angle, though, guys?  I had to increase mine to about 3 times to what it really is...I have a feeling something isn't right :)

I've 800 distance 510 width and 45 bezel,  And that's realistic and looking good.
But the angle of the screens is around 15-20 degrees, and I need to set it to 50-55 for it look right.

So long as the lines look straight, it should be ok. I'm sure my in game angles are bigger than the actual angles.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2013, 12:04:41 AM »
Gents; a test.
I'm setting everything to max, but no blur nor hdr.   What fps you're getting at monza66 in the lotus historic?
Assuming it's the top value I'm getting around 35, running 2x670 in SLI at 5900x1200

Maxed, no blur, HDR is on, some of the reflection cubemap stuff is down. 5860 by 1080. I'm getting 85 to 95 FPS with that combo.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2013, 08:13:27 AM »
Thanks Wally!
Can you up the reflections to max as well, and try it, please? 
I reckon there must be some SLI optimisation problems here - I can't imagine 2x670 being so far down in performance :/

p.s. yes my lines look straight with it set to 50 deg.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 08:15:36 AM by Bird »

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2013, 05:06:21 PM »
Without altering my other settings (most around medium) my 2x670's work better with HDR on rather than off.
No idea what framerate that is, haven't worked out how to see that yet....

2+2=√16

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2013, 05:26:59 PM »
There's one widget something like rendering stats...I think the topmost value is the fps. (output these by moving your mouse to the right-edge of the screen and selecting which one)
If not, then I'm looking at something utterly wrong :)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2013, 05:51:10 PM »
Cool.
The FPS one I found only gives a line graph with no increments.
(although it does have a line at 60fps, so I'm lower than that)

2+2=√16

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2013, 07:39:38 PM »
And now for something completely different :-X:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxA0jAC9Bkw&feature=player_embedded#at=122
(everything I tried for a YouTube link was invalid :()

([bird] how about this?)
[youtube]JxA0jAC9Bkw[/youtube]
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 09:14:58 PM by Bird »

2+2=√16

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2013, 09:34:25 PM »
Without altering my other settings (most around medium) my 2x670's work better with HDR on rather than off.
That is mighty surprising, mate.  HDR does require extra from the cards...

I've tried to set everything to max, no HDR, no blur - again, as I can't stand it, hehe - but I've left the reflection stuff on the default.
This gives me about 45-55fps (looking at the system gadget top value - hope that's the fps)
with HDR on, otherwise all the same it drops to 35-40

I reckon SLI optimisations aren't on....

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal