Xtreme Gaming Network

Test run - Ferrari F2004 at Imola

Author Topic: Test run - Ferrari F2004 at Imola  (Read 28545 times)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
Re: Test run - Ferrari F2004 at Imola
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2018, 01:12:57 PM »

Phil i probs have too much wing, need to meet somewhere in the middle

cool, thanks,  hope we get another drive in this soon, I need to put my learnings to the test :)
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2018, 01:13:23 PM »
As i said sometimes less is more just focus on making the exit neat, the pace you gain from a good corner exit extends to the whole straight. Also wally on the corner cut app i havent had the amount of cuts i have done or the green red light for a long time now lol
do you even motorsports?

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2018, 01:14:03 PM »
Yeah phil its one of those cars where the setup is endless so heaps of time to be found i reckon
do you even motorsports?

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2018, 01:19:07 PM »
yes, occasionally I would be up like half a second and then throw it away and found it hard to replicate often, I reckon there is probably a 1.16 on mediums with practice and a decent setup for anyone who can drive it well like you and kcender
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2018, 01:20:36 PM »
Do you have the results to see where we end up after the penalties.
Yep, earlier up there is a red link to race results that show cuts, gap to leader etc.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2018, 01:21:36 PM »
Wally: regarding cuts that aren't cuts. I know that PLP has the green/red light to tell you if you are going to get a cut when you come back on but I usually don't see it. Maybe make it bigger or an option to make it bigger so you can't miss the red light. I don't even know where I got the cuts last night.
Take a look at the PLP app thread - there's a new version with the option to make the green/red square much bigger. By default now, it's the size of the entire app, but you can make it smaller.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2018, 01:28:55 PM »
Here's an interesting web site that has the real 2004 Imola pit stops.
https://www.formula1.com/en/results.html/2004/races/756/san-marino/pit-stop-summary.html

A lot of the field did 3 stops, over a 1hr 26 race. It would be interesting to see the tyre/fuel changes they did. Most of the pit stops are the same time, so they probably did fairly even fuel & tyre changes.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2018, 01:39:22 PM »
3 stops was my plan, until I spun in the 1st turn, hit the wall and killed the engine. :'(

2+2=√16

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2018, 05:26:39 PM »
The worst offender went outside of track limits 24 times! Matthew only went outside once.

Haha I thought I was bad this race. I had to go to check the results to see who that was  :-X

I'm happy with how PLP works and we all know the rules. I did think it gave me cuts when only 2 wheels were off the track a few times but at the speed of this car I was probably way off track and didn't realize. Being a fun run I threw caution to the wind but in a league race I'd definitely have tried not to get any.

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2018, 08:56:44 AM »
Wally: regarding cuts that aren't cuts. I know that PLP has the green/red light to tell you if you are going to get a cut when you come back on but I usually don't see it. Maybe make it bigger or an option to make it bigger so you can't miss the red light. I don't even know where I got the cuts last night.
Take a look at the PLP app thread - there's a new version with the option to make the green/red square much bigger. By default now, it's the size of the entire app, but you can make it smaller.
Good work!!!
Thanks Wally.
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal