Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 3 round 1 race chat: Mugello

Author Topic: Season 3 round 1 race chat: Mugello  (Read 45409 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Season 3 round 1 race chat: Mugello
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2014, 05:23:01 PM »
It'd definitely be possible to write to disc directly, even if in chunks. 
But I guess they're very backwards about that as well;  it'd slow down the game on systems without an SSD, somewhat.

Pretty sure thats how RF2 and even RF did it, there was always an option to force write to memory but default was to disk. I know RF2 has gone 64 bit now but I really havent used it much lately and havent even bothered with the latest updates.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2014, 06:40:03 PM »
But I guess they're very backwards about that as well;  it'd slow down the game on systems without an SSD, somewhat.

Pretty sure thats how RF2 and even RF did it, there was always an option to force write to memory but default was to disk. I know RF2 has gone 64 bit now but I really havent used it much lately and havent even bothered with the latest updates.

I actually went to check out rF2 yesterday, and it said my online subscription had expired. "Oh well, that's that then," I thought.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2014, 11:13:21 AM »

I actually went to check out rF2 yesterday, and it said my online subscription had expired. "Oh well, that's that then," I thought.
Just checked my Rf2 and it allowed me to log in and update to the latest version 860 with no problems.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2014, 12:05:38 PM »
Don't you only get a year? I've had rf2 for a long time. I quite like it, actually.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2014, 12:36:37 PM »
Don't you only get a year? I've had rf2 for a long time. I quite like it, actually.

You actually get lifetime use and updates, but cant use MP with the 1 year option. Thats what I bought too and mp was already fairly dead so I can imagine it being even more dead now that a fair chunk of early adopters have gone past their year. Some things I really like in RF2 but performance in SLI is rubbish or was last build I used, some cars are ok some quite weird and graphics are not much better then rf1. Real road is its best feature as well as changeable weather and time of day changes.

But when I raced it in mp everyone had real road set to drag strip, no rain and mostly always racing mid day. Maybe in a league it would be much better but pure driving feel to me AC is easily more natural and less weirdness in all official cars comparing both. Thats the main thing for me and as the features I like werent being used much in MP anyway and hardly any drivers there anyway I simply dont bother with it any more.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2014, 08:17:16 PM »
You actually get lifetime use and updates, but cant use MP with the 1 year option.
Okay I just tried the Multiplayer and it also works and I've definitely had it for over a year!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2014, 10:15:19 PM »
Hmmm, I might try again some time then.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2014, 11:33:53 PM »
You actually get lifetime use and updates, but cant use MP with the 1 year option.
Okay I just tried the Multiplayer and it also works and I've definitely had it for over a year!

You were able to buy a lifetime MP or the game with only 12 months mp use which was extended a bit due to the extended beta.

[Old attachment deleted by admin to free up space]
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 11:36:16 PM by marty »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal