Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 3 round 2: Gentrack Race Chat

Author Topic: Season 3 round 2: Gentrack Race Chat  (Read 63765 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Season 3 round 2: Gentrack Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2014, 06:33:26 PM »
Ran a couple laps and beat the WR, pretty basic setup but here is what I came up with in a handful of laps.

Edit: I see Wally ran some laps at nearly the same time but still a WR just ahead of Wally for now.  ;D
Look again :)
1:41.268 - World Record!

Thats why I said for now then as I expected you to beat that.

Just noticed Gentrack 1 has 34 grid slots so possibly if a practice server goes up it could include all drivers including reserves prebooked in the cars they are allocated as it stands 24+_5 reserves.

I will put my server for now with the cars for round 1 so people can have a go.

Thanks Marty. If you chuck me your entry_list.ini, I can put it up on the XGN practice server too.

My server just has 4 of each of the cars but if you give me a list of all the GUID's in a pm I can make up the entry list for you, just need to know what cars are the reserves getting too.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2014, 07:37:29 PM »
Wally, is everyone in the elise SC driving the base model?  It's a bit weird that everyone falls into the same categ  :)

Btw; impressive lap, Wally! 
I'm learning the track and only been able to get to .4 to your time in 20 or so laps. I'm often losing heaps of time in T1.  And I mean heaps, half a second easily.  I've been able to nail it once or twice, only.   

And that corner combo leading to the s/f straight (or rather the bend before) is just magnificent.  Whoever made this track was good. Really good.  It's a very tricky track.  Also a 100% believable one, too.    Hats off.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 08:11:57 PM by Bird »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2014, 07:44:39 PM »
Wally, is everyone in the elise SC driving the base model?  It's a bit weird that everyone falls into the same categ  :)

Just Phil is in the stage 2 Elise.

It's just how the fastest lap times panned out. From Crimespree to Guybrush, there wasn't all that much difference in fastest lap times, compared to the rest.

Also, I have the Practice server up with 29 slots, with everyone including reserves in their allocated car.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2014, 07:50:06 PM »
I've invited all the reserves to race this round (thanks for pointing out the pit bays Marty). If everyone turns up, we'll have 29 on track.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2014, 08:50:09 PM »

Btw; impressive lap, Wally! 
I'm learning the track and only been able to get to .4 to your time in 20 or so laps. I'm often losing heaps of time in T1.  And I mean heaps, half a second easily.  I've been able to nail it once or twice, only.   

And that corner combo leading to the s/f straight (or rather the bend before) is just magnificent.  Whoever made this track was good. Really good.  It's a very tricky track.  Also a 100% believable one, too.    Hats off.

Is a good lap by wall I have got within a 10th of it but RSR keeps not working every time a session is restart on my server. I think it will be rather close in the elises and racing M1's is doable as long as they dont run a perfect race. Elise is quite a bit quicker off the line then an m1 which is a surprise to me as you can get to t1 ahead of them at least.

Will be interesting to see how AC and the server handles that number of players, unfortunately this track isnt as popular on a pickup server so most Ive had on atm is 4 so far.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2014, 08:58:35 PM »
Okay maybe I'm a bit slow but where is the Gentrack download .  .. ?

Offline marty

• View Profile

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2014, 10:54:27 PM »
I think the key to a good lap here is to take a fair bit of kerb e.g. that fast left hander (about turn 3) and the chicane before the final corner.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2014, 12:02:51 AM »
I think the key to a good lap here is to take a fair bit of kerb e.g. that fast left hander (about turn 3) and the chicane before the final corner.

I got pretty close to you Wally .028 short and was about .3 down after t1 so a bit there if anyone can get a lap together. Quite fun in this car actually but the gears are wrong at just about every corner id love to adjust them a little.

Offline cramjet

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2014, 04:46:18 PM »
Just managed a low 1:42 in the 1m. Made a couple mistakes and was only on my 4th or 5th lap around here :D I know this car turns into an absolute pig through the bends with lower grip though so not sure how I'll go.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2014, 11:01:06 AM »
Well looking good.
Just done 7-8 laps in the 240R stage 3 and had a PB of 1.44.2
I'm sure I can shave 2 seconds off that. I'm ~5 seconds off the WR

Edit.. and I have.. 1.42.9

Now Threepwood & Co. will come out and start doing 1.28s in wooden hill carts.

edit.. This track is awesome after driving something other than the 3 ton cake of soap (Cobra)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 11:33:37 AM by Dick Forrest »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2014, 12:35:50 PM »
Im sure we could teach you to knock a few more seconds off that time Dick, then you will just need to unlearn it again to go back to your regular pace.

Rolz

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2014, 12:13:12 PM »
Hey all,

I'm not able to make tomorrow.  :'(
Hope I haven't left the notification too late.

Hope to be back next week!

:)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2014, 12:36:22 PM »
Hey all,

I'm not able to make tomorrow.  :'(
Hope I haven't left the notification too late.

Hope to be back next week!

:)

No worries, thanks Rolz.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal