Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 4 GT Cars: Season Info and Driver Sign Up

Author Topic: Season 4 GT Cars: Season Info and Driver Sign Up  (Read 34868 times)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
Re: Season 4 sign up thread - mix of GT cars
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2014, 10:16:53 AM »
Put me in for a reserve please Wally, but please put newer members in front of me on the list.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2014, 03:26:15 PM »
I still want people to sign up even if the grid appears full, to gauge interest and numbers.

I'm happy to be a reserve Wally! Just not interested in the long races. Way, way out of my league atm.

The longer race would be pretty much the same as we ran last season its just instead of a qualy session between 2 10 lap races you just have a pitstop. The 3 race format was pretty much about 60 laps in a row if you count the 3 races and qualy sessions. There wasnt really much time for a break in between races, so if you were ok to run all sessions it should be quite similar.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2014, 03:35:54 PM »
I still want people to sign up even if the grid appears full, to gauge interest and numbers.

I'm happy to be a reserve Wally! Just not interested in the long races. Way, way out of my league atm.

The longer race would be pretty much the same as we ran last season its just instead of a qualy session between 2 10 lap races you just have a pitstop. The 3 race format was pretty much about 60 laps in a row if you count the 3 races and qualy sessions. There wasnt really much time for a break in between races, so if you were ok to run all sessions it should be quite similar.

Yeah I hear ya mate, but 45 minutes straight is not something I want to do even once, let alone each week lol. Concentrating for 12-14 laps is my limit. Then, not only that, I've got to keep it on the black stuff. Still pretty hard for me to do constantly. Also, I can just see it, minute 40, I'm 6 laps down, losing concentration, already rammed Gratulin off track. The race leaders are coming around me again, I mess up, take them out.. Gratulin gets past and wins.. I don't think any of us want to see that happen...  ;)

I just don't have the skill level to handle long races. I'd just be in the way!

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2014, 04:01:28 PM »
I think you need to give yourself more credit, you're getting much better.  If I were you I'd try it at least once, before saying no...I mean the only way to learn racecraft is by doing it.  Believe me, we've all be there where you are right now.   We just kept racing :)

And Bruce, too, you should really race with us, the field isn't as round if you're not around :)  (hey, it rhymes!)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2014, 04:18:28 PM »
Dick these cars with factory TC wont be quite as tricky and I remember not long ago you were calling me names when I made races 6 laps on the public server. You were refusing to run more then 3 laps at the time now your up for 12 to 14 and 45 minutes would only be another 8 or so laps on top of that.

Also dont worry too much about the leaders lapping you, all you need to do is drive a normal line and not block they will find their way around. I dont think I lapped anyone last season either so with a little boost with the better cars for the slower guys your not likely to get lapped more then once if at all even over that distance. I followed you a little at Spa in the Cobra and your definitely getting much better as I barely gained on you until you locked up and ran wide.

With a larger grid there will be a mix of levels and so everyone will have someone to race, the more you race others the better and more comfortable you will get at it. I must say in the seasons I have ran with XGN its all been pretty good with hardly any contact except for a couple of big shunts at the start of races which I luckily avoided most times. Ive definitely never had any issues with you dick except in practice if I am stopped off track you will go out of your way to try and push me back on.  ;D

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2014, 04:24:19 PM »
Dick , I enter the longer races and often get lapped, but between the start and finish, most times I have a good racing, not trying to win, but to pace myself and have that achievment... and adding to  marty's comments, your driving is improving, these cars are easier to drive, keeping our 'our limits', this will allow you get more enjoyment, practice for for a single race at time and...
ta da!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2014, 04:46:27 PM »
And to echo Bird's sentiments, it really is good racing experience. Try it at least once. Pitstops spice things up a bit, strategy wise.

Hopefully one day we'll have rain and night racing to play with as well, for even more variety.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2014, 05:10:00 PM »
Dick will race.  You'll see.

On another note, it looks like my organisation is about to get a whole lot bigger in the coming months so I will probably be away setting up new offices and MIA again for some of the race nights.

I wonder whether Monday nights would suit everyone a little better?  Just a thought.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2014, 05:13:14 PM »
Bring on the rain! ;D

2+2=√16

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2014, 05:33:37 PM »
Bring on the rain! ;D
Yeah, rain + cobra = a whole winter season!

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2014, 05:42:23 PM »
You guys are too kind. Thanks for all the support!!!
  But I'm sorry it's just something I don't want to do at this stage, or can do! I would be turned off SIM racing for good if I tried. I just know it.
I'm barely staying interested as it is. I was expecting a lot more from the damage model. Indestructible cars are bad. Real bad. If I get hit hard/soft I expect it to be final. I expect my car to be a piece of crap if it gets smashed.
  But got to give it some time.

Anyway, thanks guys. I'm learning a lot faster then I would by myself against AI or on public servers. But at this stage I have absolutely zero desire to race for 40mins. 
  You're right Marty, if I could have it my way all races would be max 4 laps!!!!

Offline Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2014, 08:37:05 PM »
Ill race in this one :)

Offline cramjet

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2014, 11:32:55 PM »
It won't be any fun without you, Dick! Give it a shot - even if you just sit in pits and rest after a few laps it's worth a shot  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Season 4 GT Cars: Season Info and Driver Sign Up
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2014, 10:18:31 PM »
I've updated the first post with all the gory details.
Read the red bits at least :)

If the last round on Dec 23 is too awkward for people on holidays, post it up, and we'll see if we need to postpone over the holiday period.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
Re: Season 4 GT Cars: Season Info and Driver Sign Up
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2014, 10:46:58 PM »
very nice, Wally, many thanks!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal