Xtreme Gaming Network

MANDATORY RACE APP: Pit Lane Penalty v0.5

Author Topic: MANDATORY RACE APP: Pit Lane Penalty v0.5  (Read 9104 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
MANDATORY RACE APP: Pit Lane Penalty v0.5
« on: November 26, 2014, 11:12:53 PM »
The Pit Lane Penalty app that some of us have been testing for a few weeks will now be MANDATORY for all drivers, starting from Spa.
The app warns you when you cut the track, and on your fourth warning, you get a drive through penalty, which must be taken within the next 3 laps. You can't take your penalty at the same time as a pit stop.

You can download the app and read more about it in this thread: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/a-pit-lane-penalty-app-for-repeated-track-cutting.17852/

The latest version is 0.5 (which I just uploaded tonight, Wed night).

I will be able to tell on the server who's not using it. If you don't use the app, you'll get a 5 point penalty in the standings.

And to be clear, it's about immersion and realism, rather than suspecting that anyone's been cutting the track.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 10:27:19 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Re: MANDATORY RACE APP: Pit Lane Penalty
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 05:01:48 AM »
Sounds good.

What happens if you spin or are involved in an accident and go on and off the track a few times?  Will that count as cutting?  I'm also guessing that if this happens and then afterwards you accidentally cut you will also get a penalty?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 08:14:25 AM »
I think the app is pretty good at detecting real cuts as opposed to accidents. You have to be going over 50, be off track for less than 1.3 seconds, and not have slowed by the time you re-enter the track.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 08:35:25 AM »
So the only way to accidentally cop a penalty is to spin across a corner...altho it can happen, I think the chances are slim :)

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 09:44:18 AM »
Well done Wally, great work on the App and I'm all for increasing the immersion. But the added stress is going play havoc with my driving LOL.

rob

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: MANDATORY RACE APP: Pit Lane Penalty v0.5
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 09:26:51 PM »
A reminder: if you haven't done so yet, you need to download the pit lane penalty app. You need at least version 0.5. The app is mandatory, and pit lane penalties will have to be taken if issued.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal