Xtreme Gaming Network

S4R5: Nurburgring Race Chat

Author Topic: S4R5: Nurburgring Race Chat  (Read 36664 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: S4R5: Nurburgring Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2014, 11:14:38 PM »
Pretty sure it would be the red ones as that was Wally's edit's not mine.  ;) He did cross out the others and made them red to stand out.

I think it will be interesting here and the GT2 cars should have a nice advantage with the higher grip levels. We need to run fairly low aero again in the Loti just to hang on in the straights but will lose quite a bit each corner. There will be lots of tears shed in t1, I just had a run with Krahl and locked rears on entry damaging both cars quite nicely.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2014, 11:44:21 PM »
Yes folks, its the red car. The old car is struck out.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2014, 07:12:58 AM »
Yeah the thing about Spa and Monza is that they are low down force circuits so you can run minimum rear wing, where as I believe Hamburgering will need a bit more down force for overall lap time so may be tougher to pass with.  But then again as more races pass I think the drivers more likely to be up front aren't in the cars with the massive straight line advantage.   Except for that Wally guy ;).

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2014, 09:04:43 AM »
Lol Wallys merc may be changed and he may be re handicapped, looking at rsr times there it seems to be quite a pig and the aliens Ben and Darren have posted faster laps in the GTC then anyone in the merc. Merc doesnt like corners much but loves straights and Nurburgring is a very different track to Spa, Monza even Mugello. Those 3 are very high speed but nurburg is all about braking and corner speeds as the straights are not very long. The Merc will be quick uo the hill in some llaces where the evoras are struggling but we can carry a fair bit more speed through corners I think.

Guys in the M3 should find it more of a boost and the gt3 to be in if you had a choice would be the mclaren over the sls Wally.  ;)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2014, 10:43:27 AM »
Can you guys stop discussing the handicapping! Last time I ended up getting a slower car!

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2014, 11:20:28 AM »
ill happily go the merc again, despite it being a brick i loved it haha im pouring petrol all over my lotus once im done with it :P
do you even motorsports?

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2014, 12:20:49 PM »
Can you guys stop discussing the handicapping! Last time I ended up getting a slower car!
That's their aim, haven't you noticed? ;)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2014, 01:44:30 PM »

Not happy til Gratulin gets a Robbin.  ;D

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2014, 02:01:50 PM »

Not happy til Gratulin gets a Robbin.  ;D
I bet I'd still come 10th  8)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2014, 02:22:20 PM »
Where you 10th again last round? With 20 odd starters each round you do seem to like being mr Average Gratulin.  ;D

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2014, 03:04:19 PM »
Where you 10th again last round? With 20 odd starters each round you do seem to like being mr Average Gratulin.  ;D
I think 11th and 12th - very average indeed.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2014, 08:04:08 PM »
Ran some laps in the Evora GX strange car this one as it does best with 0 0 wing for me, the GTC at Monza I couldnt handle at 0 2 and thats a much more straightforward track. Also the soft tyres start at 99% go to 100% on lap 2 then back to 99% on lap 3 but lap 3 is quite a bit quicker for me then lap 2 for unknown reasons.

Best so far is 1:58.421 but not close to a great lap and surely setup has lots more in it but here is what I have so far for qualy if anyone want to try it. It may need some changes for the race but I cant give away all my secrets even if they are just imagined.

[Old attachment deleted by admin to free up space]

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2014, 10:12:50 PM »
What's your tyre pressure difference between laps 2 & 3?
Maybe not optimal grip but better pressure?

2+2=√16

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2014, 04:28:01 PM »

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2014, 04:42:43 PM »
What's your tyre pressure difference between laps 2 & 3?
Maybe not optimal grip but better pressure?

I will need to take a closer look but it didnt seem to be much difference in pressures and temps, but I probably haven't quite got the tyres up to temp into the first sector of the hotlap. They are good at the last 2/3 of the lap but Im down quite a bit in the first sector on lap 2 compared to lap 3. Lap 3 I do lose a bit in the last sector but not as much as I lost in the first sector of lap 2.

At Spa in the GTC it was quite tricky to get the tyres good for the flyer but the GTC tyres are very different to the GX, there I had to go very easy in the first 2/3 of the outlap to avoid over wearing the softs, but you also needed to build some temp into them for t1.

In the GX the softs do last much longer but are harder to get going, maybe it needs 2 slower outlaps then get the tyres right for lap 3 with full grip and proper pressures and temps. Just takes more patience then I probably have but to get the next .5 or so out of the car it may be the best way to do it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal