Xtreme Gaming Network

S4R5: Nurburgring Race Chat

Author Topic: S4R5: Nurburgring Race Chat  (Read 36665 times)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S4R5: Nurburgring Race Chat
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2014, 06:55:18 PM »
Now the important painting is out of the way, I guess I should do a lap or two. :P

2+2=√16

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2014, 06:56:10 AM »
Is it just me or does this track seem extremely bumpy?  Maybe it's just the GX but it feels like I am driving over  a constant ripple strip or something.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2014, 08:52:10 AM »
I tried the GTC with Marty's set and it almost rattled my teeth out. P4/5 is not like that at all.

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2014, 09:22:29 AM »
There is definitely something weird with the Evora GTC/GX suspension.  It seems to suffer from bumps more than any other car - even the open wheelers seem to cope better over the bumps and I would imagine something like the Formula Abarth to have a fraction of the travel and dampening compared to the Evora.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2014, 01:17:35 PM »
I tried the GTC with Marty's set and it almost rattled my teeth out. P4/5 is not like that at all.

I think youd need to soften the gtc setup from my Monza set, the GX I have had to soften a bit too. When you go into another gt car from the evora though they all feel like boats.  ;D

I havent ran much on the softs in the GX but guy was rather quick in a few laps lat nite. He has an interesting strategy for the 8 lapper, runs softs for 5 or 6 laps then as they go off will take out the field at the chicane. I wamted to see how kuch he lost on the last 2 laps but he just wouldnt run that long.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2014, 02:29:18 PM »
1:58.7 in the GTC, using my own creation for a setup (attached if anyone interested)

This after a few laps only, I'm sure there's more in there.

[Old attachment deleted by admin to free up space]

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2014, 04:21:56 PM »

I think youd need to soften the gtc setup from my Monza set, the GX I have had to soften a bit too. When you go into another gt car from the evora though they all feel like boats.  ;D

I havent ran much on the softs in the GX but guy was rather quick in a few laps lat nite. He has an interesting strategy for the 8 lapper, runs softs for 5 or 6 laps then as they go off will take out the field at the chicane. I wamted to see how kuch he lost on the last 2 laps but he just wouldnt run that long.

It wasn't the tyres that were the issue, more so the boredom/interest levels.  I mean who can do more than 6 laps without giving in to the infamous superman jump; aiming to go inverted over the top of another car while giving them the bird - Top Gun style.

I think my best is a 1.57.1 atm.  There is another couple of tenths in that though.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2014, 05:15:40 PM »
I reckon I'd be quicker in the Macca GT3 than the BMW GT2.
Twitchy as hell until I want to turn a corner, then she plows on straight ahead.
Should have the hang of it in 3 or 4 weeks....

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2014, 05:43:50 PM »

It wasn't the tyres that were the issue, more so the boredom/interest levels.  I mean who can do more than 6 laps without giving in to the infamous superman jump; aiming to go inverted over the top of another car while giving them the bird - Top Gun style.

I think my best is a 1.57.1 atm.  There is another couple of tenths in that though.

On my calculations that means at least 5 jumps on race nite in 32 race laps.

I just ran the mediums last nite got down to 1:59.2 on those, will need to try the softs again and see if they are good for the sprint race at least. I guess guy being low 57 on softs probably also low 58 on meds. Id need a gt3 propbably for that sort of pace but superman must be worth a second at least.  ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2014, 07:01:56 PM »
I'm vaguely 59 in the Merc with full tank and hards, on a good lap.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2014, 11:03:54 PM »

Wally could you find anyway to make yourself appear slower, Full tank + Hards means low fuel and softs would be about 4 seconds faster. That would make laps around 1:55  ;)

I gave up making my own setup, I was completely lost and well behind Guy, tried his and after a few laps got quite a bit closer. Still a long way off Wally's pace as I can do 1:57.2 but full tank and hards I wouldn't get anywhere near sub 2 min.

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2014, 07:35:54 AM »
Yeah I put a set up in my droppings box if anyone wants one.  It's for the GX.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2014, 07:42:53 AM »

Wally could you find anyway to make yourself appear slower, Full tank + Hards means low fuel and softs would be about 4 seconds faster. That would make laps around 1:55  ;)

I gave up making my own setup, I was completely lost and well behind Guy, tried his and after a few laps got quite a bit closer. Still a long way off Wally's pace as I can do 1:57.2 but full tank and hards I wouldn't get anywhere near sub 2 min.

I'll do my best on race night.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2014, 09:10:07 AM »
I gave up making my own setup, I was completely lost and well behind Guy,
Its a bit of a black art.  I find in AC its a lot more tricky to get right than say Rfactor when I used to apply similar things to get a result.
I often surprise myself in AC when a certain tweak suddenly gets a good gain.....

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2014, 09:32:57 AM »
The thing about AC set ups are that the sliders arent based on the same value so a slider setting of 10 in one car might give you a totally different real world value compared to the same slider setting in another car.   This wouldn't be such an issue if the actual measurements were accurate but unfortunately these are taken as the car sits on the pit lane and so you could all sorts of different measurements depending on which track you are.

So then what it comes down to is pretty much trial and error with a bit of educated guess work along the way.   Of course not all settings rely on the pit lane surface but there are quite a few that do and have significant  impact on the handling of the car.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal