Xtreme Gaming Network

Dec 30 fun race: Nissan Primera BTCC at Silverstone

Author Topic: Dec 30 fun race: Nissan Primera BTCC at Silverstone  (Read 18438 times)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
Re: Dec 30 fun race: Nissan Primera BTCC at Silverstone
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2014, 08:16:22 AM »
was lots of fun, thanks wally and even better I got through every race without disconnecting for first time in ages.  I read that rsr can cause it so i removed it and so far so good, fingers crossed
A nice easy fix hopefully after the frustrating disconnects.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2014, 08:21:09 AM »
No problems Wally i think most of the faster  runners forget my crappy driving and get caught  by my early braking.
Oh. ... i thought i "had taken a long time letting 'you' catch up" ;D

Liked the car with more practice i may have been a little closer to the pack, but did notice the time difference wasn't extreme... if to look at results now.
Thanks Wally.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2014, 08:43:13 AM »
Good to hear Krahl  :D
Fun cars to drive last night, got some excellent tight racing, much enjoyed!!  ;D

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2014, 09:35:04 AM »
Sorry for the now show last night, would have liked to have a run in this one.
Lucky for me my new Graphics card turned up yesterday.  (plus I got a new TV, so there was a lot of IT work happening in the house).
New card is excellent, cranked all settings to max (previously only mid due to performance) and things are now very pretty and super smooth.
Should take half a second off my lap times...!!   ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2014, 10:14:28 AM »
Lucky for me my new Graphics card turned up yesterday.  (plus I got a new TV, so there was a lot of IT work happening in the house).
New card is excellent, cranked all settings to max (previously only mid due to performance) and things are now very pretty and super smooth.

Nice. The extra smoothness will help for sure. What card did you get?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2014, 10:18:31 AM »
I didn't have Guy's pace but I had the measure of Marty. 8)
I can't remember who it was that put me onto 'RealHeadMotion' app after Spa last series, but thank you! :-*
My results have improved dramatically since then. ;D

2+2=√16

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2014, 10:21:00 AM »
Top night's racing lads.  I have never driven a FWD car in anger before but this car seems to me to be the only mod I've tried that handles in a believable way.  It certainly led to some good racing.

The last race was great fun starting from the back.  I reckon hard tyres are the go though.  The softs go off a bit too quickly and the mediums are absolutely useless - they are slower than the softs and seem to go off almost as quick.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2014, 10:45:55 AM »

Nice. The extra smoothness will help for sure. What card did you get?
MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G

Rolz

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2014, 10:55:38 AM »
Well last night was brilliant... really good to be back into it... last week was a bit of a false start due to a few Xmas drinks beforehand and then realising I didn't have an hour to practice... (Qld Time) or straighten up a bit.

Still the closest racing I've had the pleasure of taking part in so far... that race 2 battle with djosh and Wally was tops... so close, but so clean!

It's funny that the FWD car was probably the most forgiving for me to date... or maybe I've learned to recover better.... but you get it accidentally sideways it was possible to bring it back... though wheel correction was frantic!   :P

Thanks again for a top night!
Hope you all have a very safe and Happy New Years celebrations tonight!

See you in the new year with more racing!  ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2014, 12:25:33 PM »
Really enjoyed the racing, had some great battles in the first 2 races. I kind of struggled with setup changes made for race 3 and it got silly loose at times lol. Good thing with a fwd car is no matter how sideways you get it give it some gas along with steering and you wil save it 99% of the time.

Spent quite a bit of time on Bachulums's bumper in the first 2 races. I just didnt have the pace on him where I needed it. He always drives good solid pace and lines and Ive never got by him very easily. Im sure a little bump pass would be easier but I always try to avoid contact.

Race 1 was a real good battle in the lead pack minus GB who did his own thing. But I did manage to sneak in the quickest race lap on the mediums so Ihad some pace but started a little too far back then they let go pretty bad for the last couple laps and I just hung on.

Race 2 I went hards and they were a little slow early and so I lost a spot to Bacchulum who was on softs. Mid race my tyres did get better but I still couldnt make the move on him. Got alongside a few times but never finished the move. Then Guy came back and joined the party and we had some good battles swapping places and a bit of 3 wide action.

No contact in any of this which was pretty impressive. Last lap I tried the dive Bomb on bacchulum but could see it wasnt going to work. So I turned a little tighter to the kerb and hit one of the little apex posts which sent my car in the air.  ;D

Starting at the back race 3 I wasnt too sure about my drastic changes so took it a but easy early. Didnt gain enough spots and had quite a few big moments. Not consitant enough and just couldnt pass so many. I got Stan thanks to his cheating  :D but then I also ende on 3 penalties. The first one I ran wide avoiding a spinner at copse but the other 2 were fair and I think I should have got one more at t1 apex which Incut quite hard with no warning. I though I was in trouble when on 2 warning O ran wide on beckets and chapel but luckily only the 1 warning there.

Really good fun in these cars, next week should be fun too. The Abarth I have driven a bit but not much in the Alfa.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2014, 01:45:50 PM »
Ha ha!!
I'm a professional beta tester for Wally's 'Stranglerly Python' software development company.
I can report that the '4 strikes and your out' app works a treat!! And as a bonus, it seems to work on different races as well.

(I'm secretly in awe of Wally's app, legendary effort  :D)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal