Xtreme Gaming Network

S15R5: Red Bull Ring Post Race Chat

Author Topic: S15R5: Red Bull Ring Post Race Chat  (Read 15345 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S15R5: Red Bull Ring Post Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2017, 07:57:45 AM »
..I was in a ding dong battle behind the heavier cars of Phil and Diehard, with Freezer in chase....

:) I guess I was invisible. Perhaps explaining why you ran over my nose before the second to last corner?  :'(
I was going from memory. I took a look at the replay. I didn't see you behind and to the right of me, and I moved to the right to take a look inside Phil for the upcoming corne and touched your nose. Sorry - I should have seen you on helicorsa.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2017, 08:00:08 AM »
I didn't add fuel Wally, I started both races with 37 litres which was 3 or 4 more than I needed if I completed the races on the same lap as the leader.

Tyres only first race.

and in the second race I did a damage stop, and then tyres in the second stop. Pit config had no fuel and the pitstop countdown graphic only showed what I selected in pit config.
Ah,  OK.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2017, 09:10:34 AM »
...Sorry - I should have seen you on helicorsa.

No Worries. :D
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2017, 12:23:44 PM »
Not a bad nights racing for me.  I was pretty quick in practice but couldn't quite replicate it in qualy starting 8th.
I had a good chase with Simone for a number of laps before deciding to pit and hopefully jump him which turned out to be the case.
From there I led him for a number of laps before having a wide and letting a couple of cars through so ended up finishing 8th.
In race to I followed Wally until he had his spin which I almost ended up as part of it nicking his front spoiler with my rear left as I squeezed past.  I had a good battle with AB for much of the race.  We swapped spots a number of times until I finally managed to get in front of him and hold it to the end.
I did have a couple of small spins during the race but luckily not costing to much on each occasion.
Well done to Mael in R1 with 3rd, but obviously some bad luck in R2.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2017, 02:05:21 PM »
yeah you saved the the round for us Freezer

I did a lot of practice laps and found some pace which lead to a 3rd in Race 1. Race two start was a bit of a disaster, again due to a taller 1st gear but managed to get through the field through spins, pushes and passes. I was gaining on Phil and confident that with his ballast hindering him through turn 1 a pass at turn 2 would be easy. Feeling positive about it all then BLACK.....

Got 3 black screens with small white error message   :'(

Still hoping for that top 3 team finish, just need Grat's PC to keep crashing and Wally to keep crashing into Phil  ;D

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2017, 02:09:58 PM »
Race 1: Bacchulum ran into the back of Seanus at turn 2 and turned him around, 45 kg penalty.
Sorry teamie. :'( :'( :'(

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2017, 04:13:10 PM »
Still hoping for that top 3 team finish, just need Grat's PC to keep crashing and Wally to keep crashing into Phil  ;D
I learnt my lesson - be aware of who's carrying success ballast. If you can't smell the fertiliser, that is.

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2017, 06:07:52 PM »
Best i felt in the car as the results suggest but still not 100% confident with the car, luckily this is a track i enjoy lol, was pretty happy to grab both poles with 2 neat laps.
Race1: I have had to put my old graphics card in my pc which has been causing my grief, off the line i had really bad stuttering lucky i was on pole and clear of everyone or it may have been a different story for me lol, all race i had joe on my tail with a gap of about 2 secs so it was on till the last lap pretty good hard no error racing good drive from joe to keep applying the pressure good to see new names up the front challenging for wins :)

Race2: Same story bad stuttering off the line but had nobody next to me so all good, this time i had grat applying the pressure at the start with good pace, the gap was under 1 sec and coming into t1 on lap 4 i think i hit the curb a little dodgey on the exit of t1 giving grat the advantage down the straight but as he passed me it triggered my stuttering so i think i slightly rubbed him on the way past lol, had a nice exchange for the lead for the next 2 corners getting the lead back and then grat had a issue so it was back to managing the 2 sec gap again to joe to the finish :)
do you even motorsports?

Offline Bafs17

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2017, 11:27:36 PM »
Not sure what the story is with me refueling Wally. My pitconfig is set to 0 for fuel and couldn't be changed during race 1 anyway. didn't notice it either during pitstop. Both races I started with 37 litres I think. about 21 or 22 laps. Can you shed some light on how much and when? Cheers.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2017, 08:11:01 AM »
Not sure what the story is with me refueling Wally. My pitconfig is set to 0 for fuel and couldn't be changed during race 1 anyway. didn't notice it either during pitstop. Both races I started with 37 litres I think. about 21 or 22 laps. Can you shed some light on how much and when? Cheers.
The race results show in race 2 pitted on lap 12 and added 26 litres. It reports that be comparing your fuel at the start and end of the pit stop. Do you think that's possible? The fuel reporting could be glitched.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2017, 08:53:43 AM »
I noticed a message pop up in one race to say doobs added fuel and he says he didn't so does sound like something funky is going on.

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2017, 02:26:04 PM »
I noticed a message pop up in one race to say doobs added fuel and he says he didn't so does sound like something funky is going on.

I definitely didn't add fuel knowingly. Like I said earlier, and same as Bafs, pit config set to 0 on fuel and I didn't see fuel indicated on the pit countdown on either stop in race two. I did make two stops. The first one I changed selection on the fly to fix body damage and suspension. I only saw the spanner countdown. Tyres were already set to 0 change..
And second stop I had tyres only (Medium) with 0 Fuel. I set that on the fly to change tyres (medium). 0 Fuel was already set.

I don't know if changing on the fly could cause false reporting of fuel. Shrug.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2017, 02:29:03 PM »
I knew we shouldn't have bought the team's emission control from VW! ::)

2+2=√16

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2017, 02:44:53 PM »
I knew we shouldn't have bought the team's emission control from VW! ::)

lol   where's my compensation?

Offline Bafs17

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2017, 10:56:23 PM »
For what it's worth Wally, I think that it is a glitch. Even if I did cheat and started 'light' on fuel, adding 26 litres with 7 odd laps to go is a bit daft.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal