Xtreme Gaming Network

Starts per Tuesday Seasons

Author Topic: Starts per Tuesday Seasons  (Read 4927 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Starts per Tuesday Seasons
« on: March 04, 2017, 10:07:20 AM »
Average Starters Per Round for each season

You can see big dips for the open wheeler seasons. They're just not very popular, unfortunately.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Starts per Tuesday Seasons
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 10:24:46 AM »
Which is why I thought it was unfair to have a tin top in the open wheel poll. :(

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 12:04:05 PM »
I think the ferrari 312t vs lotus 72d was just a bit much for some. Being a predominantly tin top league and the more basic to drive cars being more popular its not a big surprise. For me personally it was probably the last real drivers car series but they are cars that needed more practice and setup work to get the hang of them.

Also if they are raced less then clearly they will be more foreign to many and likely less popular as they tend to be very different to any tin tops.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 12:14:31 PM »
Another very plausible explanation for this graph could be;

Open wheel lovers will tough it out and race the tin tops, bloating those fields,

Tin top lovers take their ball and go home when it's not a tin top series.

;)

2+2=√16

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 07:13:18 PM »
I guess it's a mix of the two:

1. more committed people practice more and end up enjoying everything, so more committed people keep racing no matter what;
2. more challenging cars are funnier if you practiced enough, so more committed people prefer them;
3. less committed people practice less, enjoy only some "easier" cars, prefer them, and give up if we race the others.

;)

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2017, 09:35:05 PM »
Another very plausible explanation for this graph could be;

Open wheel lovers will tough it out and race the tin tops, bloating those fields,

Tin top lovers take their ball and go home when it's not a tin top series.

;)

This is what I think too. I was happy racing NKPro (all open wheelers with ballast), and tolerate racing Ubers waiting for the next open wheel season I will actually enjoy.

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2017, 09:50:51 PM »
Some people don't really have the time to commit to be able to get enough practice to drive most open wheelers consistently either. It's a lot easier to learn where a tin top's limits are in a shorter period of time.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2017, 10:03:41 PM »
Some people don't really have the time to commit to be able to get enough practice to drive most open wheelers consistently either. It's a lot easier to learn where a tin top's limits are in a shorter period of time.
I of course did not mean to say "why" people were more or less committed---can be time, can be diverse interests, can be work, kids, or passion. Any of them. Commitment is a result of them, not a congenital disease ;)

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2017, 11:30:30 PM »
I figured as much, just wanted to add that in case it wasn't clear more than anything else  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal