Xtreme Gaming Network

S33R5 - Willow Springs

Author Topic: S33R5 - Willow Springs  (Read 8377 times)

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S33R5 - Willow Springs
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2020, 12:47:48 PM »
Joe takes the round win, jumping up 5 spots in the standings to the championship lead, tied with Phil on points but ahead on count back of wins.

I think we should award Bacchulum the win for race 3, he would have won if he was there. We cannot afford Joe to get too far ahead  ;D

I found the track tricky, had lot of difficulty stopping the rear from spinning and ended up reducing the front grip just to keep it manageable. But race 3's start made it all worth while!!

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2020, 02:10:26 PM »
Not true Mael.
The way my focus drops off after 2100, I only won race 2 thanks to Joe spinning and taking the pressure off.
No way would I have been able to finish race 3 with t least one spin. :(

2+2=√16

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2020, 12:19:54 PM »
Great racing but finishing 2 races behind wally...….I need a brandy,,, :'(

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2020, 02:51:25 PM »
Great racing but finishing 2 races behind wally...….I need a brandy,,, :'(
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2020, 09:35:58 PM »
Joe takes the round win, jumping up 5 spots in the standings to the championship lead, tied with Phil on points but ahead on count back of wins.

I think we should award Bacchulum the win for race 3, he would have won if he was there. We cannot afford Joe to get too far ahead  ;D

I found the track tricky, had lot of difficulty stopping the rear from spinning and ended up reducing the front grip just to keep it manageable. But race 3's start made it all worth while!!

He had pole position for race 3 and would have been in the fight, but you've got to take the starters flag to be in it....
I must admit I felt my night was rather artificial. To qualify 11th and then be 6th at the end of lap 1 in race 1 was nothing short of strange. Sure there wasn't a lot of difference in the lap times, but I couldn't believe my luck as people seemed to be wanting to let me pass them as each one simply fell off or ran wide as I got close.....to be honest I don't think I actually legitimately passed ANYONE, more I just Bradbury my way to the podium.

Race 2 wasn't a lot different, however Wally was all over me in the dying stages of the race and it was really difficult to get off the last corner cleanly but I think the Lotus' lack of power might have helped me there as the straight was long enough for him to take advantage of the tow and pass.

Starting race 3 on the empty front row was rather uneventful (& safe). I managed to get a 1 second gap on the first lap and felt comfortable, but knowing the speed of the people behind me, I knew it wasn't going to last very long..... Whilst I tried as hard as I could I only managed to hold up Joe for 2 laps once he caught up to me and this was rather evident as he pulled a 1.5s gap on his first 1/2 lap in front! Sadly I simply couldn't keep that sort of pace and lost the tow which saw me drift back towards Wally, but fortunately tyre deg helped me out as I was able to snag yet another podium.

Trying not to get too excited but before this round I'd never made a podium and to get 3 in a row was better than winning. I know it's kind of artificial because of the weight penalties to faster people, but I'm going to take it as this turtle doesn't often get home in front of the hares  8)   

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal