Xtreme Gaming Network

ARSE challenge Tryout race and sign-up - Tuesday Nov 4

Author Topic: ARSE challenge Tryout race and sign-up - Tuesday Nov 4  (Read 65960 times)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Re: ARSE challenge Tryout race and sign-up - Tuesday Nov 4
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2014, 02:56:14 PM »
Which one is the AC one?
The S/C or not? ???

shelby_cobra_427sc

the others in the 'cars' directory can be deleted, they are the old "mod" cars, not the official realease ones.
They have been updated but delete the old SC.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2014, 04:26:33 PM »
I just re-read what I wrote... oppps

You only need the one cobra directory in the cars directory...

but you can leave them there, they will do NO harm.
When you enter a server we will only be referencing the new one.
shelby_cobra_427sc

(Yes my previous message was too broad and 'dangerous')
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2014, 04:53:40 PM »
I knew what you meant. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2014, 06:02:26 PM »
Bird thanks for the setup, I did try to see what I could come up with on my own but all I did was make it worse. Tried yours and first lap out was a 2:44.8 with mine only running a few laps I got to mid 46. Im sure there is a bit more time to get there but at least I have some grip now.  ;D

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2014, 08:58:46 PM »
Great to hear, Marty!

I've tried the shifter in the meantime, and I can safely say I won't use it. :)
I'm a good 3-4 seconds slower /lap , and if damage is on I can say goodbye to the transmission in about 3 laps max - sometimes as quick as within one corner.

I've never raced with a shifter, and I think that shows. 

Btw I've tried it on a drag strip as well, and I wasn't any faster...and that's suspicious.  I don't believe the shifter is faster at all, sorry.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 09:00:32 PM by Bird »

Offline Aiman Haziq

• Karts are the best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2014, 10:52:12 PM »
Can I join in? :)

Tried some Cobra in Spa with stock settings , did a 2:44.1, its pretty challenging to drive this car in Spa..
I tried Bird's setup and I kind of prefer the stock setting more ..though I think i might need to try run it again as It does seem to make the Cobra much more stable.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2014, 12:20:49 AM »
Great to hear, Marty!

I've tried the shifter in the meantime, and I can safely say I won't use it. :)
I'm a good 3-4 seconds slower /lap , and if damage is on I can say goodbye to the transmission in about 3 laps max - sometimes as quick as within one corner.

I've never raced with a shifter, and I think that shows. 

Btw I've tried it on a drag strip as well, and I wasn't any faster...and that's suspicious.  I don't believe the shifter is faster at all, sorry.

It seems the cobra probably has no boost with shifter like the elise SC does, seems car dependant but I only ran it with shifter. Didnt notice the damage but is set at 100% on my server where I ran some laps. I will probably run some laps tomorrow on the server and see if I can get down to Darrens time at least, my laps were pretty conservative just trying to figure out the car as I havent ran it as much as most of the rest of the XGN crew.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2014, 12:23:03 AM »
Can I join in? :)

Tried some Cobra in Spa with stock settings , did a 2:44.1, its pretty challenging to drive this car in Spa..
I tried Bird's setup and I kind of prefer the stock setting more ..though I think i might need to try run it again as It does seem to make the Cobra much more stable.

Pretty good time there mate, quite a fun car to drive around this track. I did try it a the new Silverstone short layout and didnt like it much there but most cars are fun at Spa.  ;)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2014, 09:42:06 AM »
Before Kunos took over the Cobra mod the original modern had released a fix that "equalised" shifter and paddle performance.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2014, 09:57:19 AM »
After doing some testing I think there is about half a second between paddles and shifter.  I think because most corners are taken in second and top gear is 4th there probably isn't as much chance for the shifter to make a large difference.  Possibly also cars with more torque/power aren't affected as much???

Anyway, half a second is a fair "equalizer" IMO.

Offline insomniac

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2014, 02:58:18 PM »
I'll try out for xgn, the arse guys are all aliens.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2014, 11:55:20 PM »
Gents, here's a setup to try - it may help a bit. It has more camber, less toe-in, proper brake balance...not much else.  But it's a step up from the default, I reckon.

Run a 2:45.9 at Spa.

Btw: Darren is at 43.2 according to RSR.

Hey Bird, if the setup you posted is a modification of my Blackwood setup you might want to try reducing the rear rebound damper around Spa.  This should give you a bit more stability and then you can change some of the spring/anti-roll bar/camber, etc. to make it turn a little better.

Cheers.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2014, 07:39:54 AM »
ARSE are going to use the 458 GT2 at Silverstone GP. On Tuesday night, we'll have a tryout race with that combo as well as the Cobra.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2014, 08:17:11 AM »
Gents, here's a setup to try - it may help a bit. It has more camber, less toe-in, proper brake balance...not much else.  But it's a step up from the default, I reckon.

Hey Bird, if the setup you posted is a modification of my Blackwood setup you might want to try reducing the rear rebound damper around Spa.  This should give you a bit more stability and then you can change some of the spring/anti-roll bar/camber, etc. to make it turn a little better.

Cheers.

I've just fiddled with the base IIRC,  I have never been too good with finer suspension toning - I leave that to the engineers here. :)

We should somehow try and grab Darren's setup, those used to be absolutely magnificent.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 08:25:24 AM by Bird »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2014, 11:01:23 AM »

Cheers.

I see your getting closer to Darrens time though hes probably doing 22's in private. Also no shifter so you must not be faster with it in this combination. If you have a setup to share would be nice as I really havent done much good to the setup in this car when I tried a few laps.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal