Xtreme Gaming Network

Sunday night Imola on Marty's server

Author Topic: Sunday night Imola on Marty's server  (Read 10175 times)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
Sunday night Imola on Marty's server
« on: May 11, 2015, 10:35:15 AM »
Jumped in early, got called away... sorry, my car  must have been on track for a 'few' races :(
Race one I tried to drive the Alfa 'nicely' race with nothing to loose I started to throw it around and WOWEEE! That must have been one of the best races I have had in a long time.  I have changed my FOV as well and moved the driving posiiton forward just displaying the gauges and this has made a world of difference to my perspective and was able to sit almost bumper paint to bumper paint!
Thanks for the great racing Marty, GB et al.
Looking forward to watching the replay, I has just set it to max before entering.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Joe

• View Profile
Re: Sunday night Imola on Marty's server
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 10:38:01 AM »
Bah, was on for 2-3 hours last night but didn't realize you guys were there...

« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 10:48:21 AM by Flattop »

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 10:48:31 AM »
Bah, was on for 2-3 hours last night but didn't realize you guys were there...

Joe, I don't very often, but will do so more from now on.  I enter "online" and immediately filter on "xgn marty", then look for others if these are  empty.

I was thinking last night, I and we should be on TS, at least we can find one person or more easily.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 11:14:11 AM »
I have a button on my G27 mapped to 'xgn marty' as I can't reach the keyboard from where I sit  :) Also means that all my setups are also called 'xgn marty'.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 11:29:45 AM »
Yea was some fun racing in those cars. I remember one race with a fair size grid starting at the back. Amazingly close and clean racing going on, not sure what happened to my servers but it became unreachable last nite and I had to terminate the instance.

Had a muppet have a cry about being kicked and I will have to make a video of his last lap for a good laugh. Hes been banned multiple times and I kept giving him another chance I didnt want to but he and some of his friends begged. Anyway the last time I banned him the server was quite busy but solid with a few on at Barbagallo and then straight after his ban it turned to crap, I needed to do a full server reset to avoid the excessive warping. This time around the time he made his first post in my thread it had become uncontactable.

I think it would be too hard to overload one of these instances possibly via the stracker link. Just hammering it from a few computers and possibly that could be how this was done. When doing a full instance restart it gives a new IP so the stracker link will change. I didnt publish this anywhere after resetting it and it was fine but completly died last nite lol.

Anyway I will start up a new instance tonight as there has been some fun racing on there. The password experiment really hasnt worked that well. I will keep it going but these rarely get used. Maybe too many servers also just give too many options for others and they just dont join.

I have ran the same content on a passworded server that stays empty but then move it to an open server and it gets much busier and a large percentage of people in it do have the password.  ::)

The password servers would be better to race on and has been when a few are on as all those that can get in can drive to a reasonable standard. In the open server even with the large blacjklist many new joiners still have no clue and just get in everyone elses way.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 11:51:02 AM »

Had a muppet have a cry about being kicked and I will have to make a video of his last lap for a good laugh. Hes been banned multiple times and I kept giving him another chance I didnt want to but he and some of his friends begged

Give Guybrush a chance. He gets excited you know.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 12:09:36 PM »
Am I the only one that gets excited by smashing Marty from behind?

Maybe you should try just one public server Marty? - come one, come all.  That way you don't have to worry about monitoring them and kicking people over different servers, etc.  You could also give a few others admin rights so they could ban you from your own server keep them clean as well.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 12:19:32 PM »

Maybe you should try just one public server Marty? - come one, come all.  That way you don't have to worry about monitoring them and kicking people over different servers, etc.  You could also give a few others admin rights so they could ban you from your own server keep them clean as well.

Great idea GB. Mary Ann has too much power and it goes to his head.

Guybrush and myself are very mature and could carry this responsibility with ease.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2015, 02:56:09 PM »

Yea well that was the main point of the password servers I dont really need to monitor those its only the ones that are open that are a royal PITA. The ones with a password even though generally quiet have not needed a single person to be banned so the password does filter out the idiots fairly well. Ideally id just want people to use the qualy server and run some password servers without needing to deal with all the fools in the open servers.

Having too many servers also seems to be an issue as too much choice makes people confused and so they end up not jumping on, I kind of like the idea of having a few and people pick one they want so that way I dont need to dictate the content on the servers or keep it to only the popular ones. I can try a week or 2 with less servers and see how that goes as it may likely attract more. If this server has a password and its fairly busy then it may encourage more to set a time and get into this. Still many filter out passworded servers so it likely wont make a difference but the open server really has only been good when filled with only guys that already have a pass. There is still the odd new person thats fine but its about 50/50 and if a server fills then there may be 15 good guys and the next 9 spots or so seem to attract the biggest idiots.

Having more admins can help and if anyone wants to help out send me a pm I can give you a pass and links to the admin app with info on how to use it. This is only needed if a server is open to public more then anything but with other admins there would need to be a list and reason for each person that was banned along with hopefully a saved replay file. Many of these guys will hunt me down and start crying so its important to know why people have been banned. Also those banning shouldn't be doing superman jumps, reversing around a lap etc  ;) in the open servers as it doesnt set a great example for the others and makes it a little hard to ban others for doing much the same.

Mucking around and such is fine and can be fun just not good for an admin or even allowing some to do this on the servers while trying to stop others doing the same.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2015, 03:30:46 PM »

Yea well that was the main point of the password servers I dont really need to monitor those its only the ones that are open that are a royal PITA. The ones with a password even though generally quiet have not needed a single person to be banned so the password does filter out the idiots fairly well. Ideally id just want people to use the qualy server and run some password servers without needing to deal with all the fools in the open servers.

Having too many servers also seems to be an issue as too much choice makes people confused and so they end up not jumping on, I kind of like the idea of having a few and people pick one they want so that way I dont need to dictate the content on the servers or keep it to only the popular ones. I can try a week or 2 with less servers and see how that goes as it may likely attract more. If this server has a password and its fairly busy then it may encourage more to set a time and get into this. Still many filter out passworded servers so it likely wont make a difference but the open server really has only been good when filled with only guys that already have a pass. There is still the odd new person thats fine but its about 50/50 and if a server fills then there may be 15 good guys and the next 9 spots or so seem to attract the biggest idiots.

Having more admins can help and if anyone wants to help out send me a pm I can give you a pass and links to the admin app with info on how to use it. This is only needed if a server is open to public more then anything but with other admins there would need to be a list and reason for each person that was banned along with hopefully a saved replay file. Many of these guys will hunt me down and start crying so its important to know why people have been banned. Also those banning shouldn't be doing superman jumps, reversing around a lap etc  ;) in the open servers as it doesnt set a great example for the others and makes it a little hard to ban others for doing much the same.

Mucking around and such is fine and can be fun just not good for an admin or even allowing some to do this on the servers while trying to stop others doing the same.

TL;DR
why don't you just use ballast?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2015, 06:04:21 PM »
TL;DR
why don't you just use ballast?

Add ballast to people and throw them off the cliff instead off adding to the blacklist? that how you pink bikers do things in the west but most people think that's a little too far.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2015, 06:07:37 PM »
I think ballast is a great idea.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2015, 12:42:39 AM »
I think ballast is a great idea.

Its generally your only idea so Id hope you think its a good one. You should spam 100 threads in the official forum saying that.  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal