Xtreme Gaming Network

Is ACC worth getting or not

Author Topic: Is ACC worth getting or not  (Read 17185 times)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
Is ACC worth getting or not
« on: November 14, 2018, 12:58:38 PM »
Today is the last day at cheaper price and I am wondering if the folks who have it honestly think they will play it much, Or is it just as I think it is a brilliant idea some publisher thought up thinking codemasters have F1, what can we do, oh lets make blancpain our game, forgetting that most of the world could not care less about that series hoping to test the waters and cash in on the console/VR market in the future ? which Kunos saw the $ signs and fell for the sweet talk of money and success and got blinded from what is required in a sim.

Here is a quote of what someone said on the ACC forum which sums up my reluctance to purchase it

"If there's going to be an "Assetto Corsa 2" and it's to be made with UE4, then it's the end of the road for me.
 It's sad, but I can't support an engine that can't support me. "

Anyway honest opinion's please, can those of you who got it actually see yourself dedicating time to it and playing this game over AC ? Because I like to race with friends and no point at all if no one can see themselves playing it
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 04:13:01 PM by Phil.8 »
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
Re: Is it worth getting or not
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 01:21:19 PM »
Is it that expensive that you can't purchase & test it?   
Or you aren't really excited/interested enough and need someone to convince you otherwise? :)

I've bought iRaping back in the day, because I was really into simracing back then, and *that* was really expensive...but I wanted to test it myself.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 01:57:48 PM »
I'll tell you what appeals to me. The cars feel very different, very individual characteristics. I reckon there will be a lot to explore in each make. Driving ACC feels more complex to me somehow. AC feels a little simplistic to me in some way - I can't really put my finger on it. There's a lot more structure around the racing - this is a real racing simulator as opposed to AC which is primarily a driving simulator. More rules, more penalties, more actual race simulation. The physics simulation is more advanced. The rating system is shaping up nicely, with rankings, leader boards, progression in the rankings etc. And rain. And night. I'm optimistic and looking forward to racing in it.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 02:00:29 PM »
I tried it once and haven't loaded it again. No triple support and not being able to really try out rain etc with my GPU made it kind of pointless. Still hoping it gets better in the future.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 02:46:55 PM »

Or you aren't really excited/interested enough and need someone to convince you otherwise? :)

I think you have hit the nail on the head, I also got and tested iracing back in the day and have recently resubbed for a month and been having some fun in the skippy :)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 03:49:39 PM »
Honestly, atm I only load up ACC for a wet race fix. :-\

However, I've raced some pretty shit sims just for the online racing/community.
Wally sounds keen, so I'm sure that will happen in future. ;)

As for the lack of triple screen support?
If it wasn't mentioned here I would still not have noticed. ???
(although I am unobservant when I'm focused)

2+2=√16

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2018, 04:34:57 PM »
I'd go along with Wally's sum up on ACC, but you're going to have to like the GT cars. I can't help but think we're all paying
to be guinea pigs for these developers these days  ::) everything seems to be early access. I don't personally reckon
it will replace AC, not enough content. Going to need some serious hardware to run it in all it's glory too imho  ::) I've only
done 22 hrs on it since purchasing it, but I do like it.   ( ps, needs some Ladas in it  ;D)
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2018, 04:45:34 PM »
So far I see it as "just another sim" with less cars and tracks. I don't see the utter grandness of it all. So much hype over Graphics and sound but I don't see it.
I don't get excited by wet or night races as we have been doing that in rFatcor2 for years and "live" weather data injected into the server since 2015.
I would hope that ACC will polish up the Race Session management, have decent built in stuff for onscreen info during racing, manual pit speed limiting, replay management, etc, etc, etc. Assetto Corsa is absolutely brain dead when it comes to all these things and more. You can't even have a warmup session between Qually and Race in AC.
Even though so many things about AC get up my nose, I race in it to be in it with the group we have. If the group starts racing in ACC, I'll be there too.

my 2¢ worth.
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2018, 08:53:22 AM »
Phil, I've just realised this is available on Steam as "Early Access".  This means you can buy it and try it (unlimited), then get a refund, no questions asked, while it's in Early Access.  Just try it.
Then refund it.  Then if you did like it, re-purchase it at the next sale.   It's all perfectly within Steam's current policies.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2018, 06:07:30 PM »
Phil, I've just realised this is available on Steam as "Early Access".  This means you can buy it and try it (unlimited), then get a refund, no questions asked, while it's in Early Access.  Just try it.
Then refund it.  Then if you did like it, re-purchase it at the next sale.   It's all perfectly within Steam's current policies.

Yep I got it today and I am going to refund it I am pretty sure. But in fairness of giving it a decent go I am going to have another go tonight drink driving style and see if that improves it but so far its getting refunded

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2018, 07:37:23 AM »
Phil, you've been determined to hate this game from the start :)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2018, 08:46:28 AM »
The only thing you can really evaluate is the physics. The rest of the game is very early beta and pretty rough. Only compare physics to AC. I am definitely not a good driver but I think the ACC physics is a major step up from AC. The most obvious improvement is how you can feel and control the rotation of the car. Lots of detail compared to AC.

Interestingly, due to my shoulder injury I set the FFB on my wheel to 60% and was surprised at the extra detail and control that resulted.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2018, 10:02:04 AM »

I think you have hit the nail on the head, I also got and tested iracing back in the day and have recently resubbed for a month and been having some fun in the skippy :)

Actually i would not mind to resub iracing and trying again...i once was a star mazda champion and beat bird,,,,,since then bird dropped iracing ;D. But then i was like bird so much in simracing no joke.Now i am not that much interested anymore but i have to say Iraping is a bit of  a better racing sim....and you pay for it. I will get the ACC  at one stage no matter the price because i love it and i like to support the XGN club....in a few words.....i am not fussy anymore and beside....tomorrow Battlefield 5 is coming out!!!!     

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2018, 10:08:11 AM »
I feel the same as Gratulin. More and more, the cars in ACC feel and sound more car-like than in AC. The cars feel like they have more weight to them somehow.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2018, 10:14:33 AM »
I feel the same as Gratulin. More and more, the cars in ACC feel and sound more car-like than in AC. The cars feel like they have more weight to them somehow.

OK   I will get it!!!!!!   

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal