Xtreme Gaming Network

S21R4: Croft Race Chat

Author Topic: S21R4: Croft Race Chat  (Read 11087 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S21R4: Croft Race Chat
« on: March 13, 2018, 11:03:20 PM »
Mar 20: Croft (2 x 19 laps)

Weather: Race 1, 18 degrees and light fog. Race 2, 21 degrees, clear. Fairly windy.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil

• View Profile
Re: S21R4: Croft Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 10:06:36 AM »
If you go here there's an on-board hotlap, click the on-board videos

https://www.trackdays.co.uk/tracks/croft/

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 09:17:07 PM »
Ok my friends,after working with the telstra guy and showing him all the telstra pit that i know in the jungle,we came to the conclusion that indeed i need to replace the telephone cable(100mt).But before leaving we managed to put back some sort of internet with a hat trick,Yes internet is back.do not know for how long but is back and travelling to a 2.5 MB x sec....nooooooice,still some static noise but it is what it is,i should actually pressing telstra to give me a free year,,k`noth!!!
I will yes dig a trench and lay the pipe and the rope ready to connect in the near future,i got a tractor and a grader :o so is not a big deal.They wont come and do it in a hurry so they can get stuffed.!!!  i cant wait for NBN,it will take probably 2 years.100 mts of out outdoor tel cable plus a rope its around 200 dollars,,,,i can make it ,,,i have to otherwise no internet mate!!!!!!
...........but i can race next tuesday with you guys and thats a big news   
   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

cheers internet in ozzie land sucks,,,,,,,but nor for focking bird!!!!!!   :D :D :D :D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 09:34:51 PM »
Ok my friends,after working with the telstra guy and showing him all the telstra pit that i know in the jungle,we came to the conclusion that indeed i need to replace the telephone cable(100mt).But before leaving we managed to put back some sort of internet with a hat trick,Yes internet is back.do not know for how long but is back and travelling to a 2.5 MB x sec....nooooooice,still some static noise but it is what it is,i should actually pressing telstra to give me a free year,,k`noth!!!
I will yes dig a trench and lay the pipe and the rope ready to connect in the near future,i got a tractor and a grader :o so is not a big deal.They wont come and do it in a hurry so they can get stuffed.!!!  i cant wait for NBN,it will take probably 2 years.100 mts of out outdoor tel cable plus a rope its around 200 dollars,,,,i can make it ,,,i have to otherwise no internet mate!!!!!!
...........but i can race next tuesday with you guys and thats a big news   
   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

cheers internet in ozzie land sucks,,,,,,,but nor for focking bird!!!!!!   :D :D :D :D
OK Simone, I'll make sure you've got a spot.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 09:59:58 PM »

hahahhaha   ;D ;D
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2018, 02:00:45 PM »
Thank you Wally!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2018, 05:01:26 PM »
I managed a 1:19 flat here so far. Here's my take on the track.

It pays to straight line the chicane as much as possible on exit, but cut it too fine at the tyre bundles and it ends in tears and twisted metal.

The exit of Tower Bend is very bumpy and unsettles the car, before the important run through the Jim Clark Esses and Barcroft. I found that by taking a slow and wide entry, keeping up more speed through the bumps tends to smooth them out and unsettle the car less (like driving over corrugations). Taking the corner too slowly is too bumpy.

You can get a real good flow from Tower Bend, through the Esses, through Barcroft and then right through Sunny In and Out, carrying a lot of speed through there.

As for the other slow corners, don't enter them too fast!

Ask Grat where another 1.3 seconds are ;)

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2018, 05:16:50 PM »
I managed a 1:19 flat here so far. Here's my take on the track.

It pays to straight line the chicane as much as possible on exit, but cut it too fine at the tyre bundles and it ends in tears and twisted metal.

The exit of Tower Bend is very bumpy and unsettles the car, before the important run through the Jim Clark Esses and Barcroft. I found that by taking a slow and wide entry, keeping up more speed through the bumps tends to smooth them out and unsettle the car less (like driving over corrugations). Taking the corner too slowly is too bumpy.

You can get a real good flow from Tower Bend, through the Esses, through Barcroft and then right through Sunny In and Out, carrying a lot of speed through there.

As for the other slow corners, don't enter them too fast!

Ask Grat where another 1.3 seconds are ;)
Did not know the track at all until yesterday, but I actually agree 100% with what you wrote. At most I can add that smooth and light braking into t1 pays off, that Hawthorn is quite complicated and begs for a lot of patience, and finally that good traction on the last bits may make a bigger difference than it looks.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2018, 05:26:37 PM »
At Hawthorn, I've kind of got the car balanced so I am really steering with the throttle through there.

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2018, 10:18:48 PM »
Taking the corner too slowly is too bumpy.
Taking the corner too slowly is too slow  :P :o ;D
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2018, 10:20:44 PM »
Taking the corner too slowly is too bumpy.
Taking the corner too slowly is too slow  :P :o ;D
There's that too! I see you and Phil.8 have upped the ante and put in some speedy lap times.

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2018, 10:36:15 PM »
Thanks, but it's on softs. A qually test  ;)
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2018, 07:20:49 PM »
hey guy s- im still alive - just moved house over past few weeks and almost have hte rig hooked back up - hopefully back in business for next week - enjoy!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2018, 08:06:09 PM »
hey guy s- im still alive - just moved house over past few weeks and almost have hte rig hooked back up - hopefully back in business for next week - enjoy!
Goodo, I was wondering where you'd got to. I hope your internet is OK at the new place!

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2018, 08:18:29 PM »
Hey guys i am very sorry i cant race tonight i have a family commitment i cant say no......sorry i was looking forward to it

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal