Xtreme Gaming Network

S4R6: Silverstone Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S4R6: Silverstone Post-Race Chat  (Read 11537 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S4R6: Silverstone Post-Race Chat
« on: December 23, 2014, 11:00:47 PM »
Race Results
Season Standings

Round Points
Bacchulum   69
Guybrush Threepwood   68
Matthew111   67
Phil   61
M8R   58
Gratulin   57
Ysu   52
RPM   51
StanDaam   49
Freezer   47
Wally   40
GWyar   37
EdWood   34
Imperious   30
Marty   29
Rolz   25
Rob   24
Vipergod   22
Dave O   20
Schmittez   19
Flattop   16
Krahl   12

Congratulations to Bacchulum on the round win and Bacchulum and Guybrush on the race wins.

Championship Podium
1. Guybrush, 347pts
2. Matthew111, 327
3. Ysu, 281

Congratulations to season 4 champion, Guybrush, who had to do it the hard way in the slowest car. Well done also to Mathew111 and Ysu.

Team Standings
1   Achilles Heels   589
2   TKO Racing   548
3   Team MRT   354
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S4R6: Silverstone Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 11:11:55 PM »
And here are some season stats.

Guybrush took out a clean sweep in the following stats:

Best average finish position, 2.5
Most wins, 6
Most podiums, 8
Most poles, 5
Most fastest laps, 4

Other stats:
Most times most consistent, Aiman and M8R, 2
Most often the hunter, EdWood, Krahl, Matthew111 and Tom, 2
Most often the hunted, DaveO, GWyar and Ysu, 2
Most often the busiest, GWyar, 2
Most often the loneliest, Krahl and Rob, 2
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 07:55:13 AM »
Congrats to Bacchulum, it's not easy to take out a win with Guy around ;)

Grats to Guy & Matthew for the season, you guys are too fast.  I hope to chat to you, Matthew, at some point, it's a shame you're not on TS! :)

As for the race; I did not have the pace at this combo it seems.  Guy was much faster, & Edwood was much faster than me, too.  (What happened to you Ed, so you had to unlap yourself? - and btw, thanks for the gentlemanly conduct there!)

Still, I had good fun in both races.  I could not keep my line at the start in either case, people in front were bogged down completely.  But it seems we got through pretty well.

The 2nd race I've spent chasing m8r from the pit stop onwards, I have somehow caught up to him and he could not shake me - but he was in the Merc and my little toycar just could not match the power of it. :)

Great season, thanks, Wally!

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 08:09:54 AM »
R1  Qualified in 11th, but as has been the pattern this season my race pace has been a bit better than qualifiying and after the jump I was soon up three spots and chasing down people.  Unfortunately a couple of laps in some others had an incident which I almost avoided just getting a small tap on the way through but it put me into a tank slapper and I was around. I dropped lots of spots and in pushing I later had another spin off a kerb and ended up coming home 18th which was a bit of a shame.
R2  Much improved qualifying saw me in about 5th.  I spent most of the race in this spot chasing Mathew and Bacculum running all the way to lap 16 on hards and had good pace at the end of that stint.  I crept up to 1st as everyone pitted and as always the pit stop was a bit slow and I came out back in my 6th spot.  Now on mediums I was able to grab Phil on the last lap to finish 5th.  Aside from one wobble mid race this was a much better race.
I was quietly hoping to jump Wally in the overall standings but a dodgy race 1 put paid to that idea...!
Well done to Guy on the overall and thanks to Wally for putting on yet another excellent season.

Merry Christmas to all.......

Rolz

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2014, 08:14:18 AM »
Was awesome to get in for a race again! Definitely out of practice but, I smashed my PB in the process...
Hope I stayed out of everyone's way.

Pitting and changing tires was cool...

Look forward to hopefully getting a call up for the season5

Merry Christmas Everyone! :)

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2014, 08:52:29 AM »
Good night of racing for me. With the GTC, I was very happy to come home in 8th and 9th without any major incidents.  :D
Race 1 had some great racing, especially for the last 3 or 4 laps. Ended up in a gang of Lotus's, Ed n Bird n others, good dicings!!
Race 2 was also a pretty good race, kept my car clean but couldn't gain on anyone towards the end so came home in 9th. Happy to get through some incidents in front of me early on that gave me some extra positions.

Brilliant series Wally!!  :D You run an excellent show and the level of driving throughout the pack is top notch. I love the GT3 class and for me it was like getting 'a new car!!' present every Wednesday. Loved going home and practicing in these slick beasties, then heading out to Marty's server for some pick up races.

Congrats to Guybrush n Mathew n Bird for the season podium!! Champagne spraying!!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2014, 09:25:58 AM »
Race 1 was brilliant, in a bumper to bumper Flattop, Vipergod, Wally, Gratulin train until Flattop had an off, Vipergod and I got passed, I passed Vipergod into the ”wiggly bits” but had to brake with the narrowing corners. That was probably my fault, eyes lit up at the passing opportunity, but then had to brake too soon.

Race 2 I made too many mistakes. I think I needed a little more rear downforce in hindsight. I lost the tear a couple of times, and a couple of times the kerbs spat me off the track. I had some fun chasing RPM in the dying stages, but his Beemer was ultimately too much for me and he pulled away.

I think the handicapping worked well, looking at the lap times which are fairly nicely bunched up.

Thanks to everyone who participated and made it a great racing community.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2014, 09:26:38 AM »
Thanks Wally for another great season.  Every season has been run superbly, this one included, and the post race stuff with all the stats is great.  And thanks for considering all our suggestions that we throw at you.

Race 1 was a great battle between myself and Matthew.  Matthew was on the softs and I was on the mediums, so I was just trying to stay in front for a few laps until his softs wore out, which is fairly difficult when there is around 1.5 seconds difference.  Anyway, Matthew had me lined up down the Hanger straight so I kept to the inside and tried to hold that line around Stowe but we ended up coming together so I slowed down on the outside of the track, but then I think Phil must have run a bit wide and collected us.  Anyway, I drove the rest of the race with a red rear wing and broken windscreen. Managed to get past Bird and then I think Matthew's softs must have started to go off as I caught up to him on the final lap and got past around the outside of T2, although not without a little rubbing - or it seemed to be - which sent me wide.  And that's where I finished.

One thing I find with AC is that you don't feel minor nudges.  You don't get any feedback other than seeing someone else spinning.

Race 2 was a great battle between Gratulin and I for the first 6 or 7 laps.  He wouldn't have been further than a second or two behind and we seemed to be trading lap times.  Anyway, Gratulin pitted a bit earlier than I, and then it was just a matter of holding on to come home and putting in some consistent laps.

A good round in all, and well done to everyone.  I look forward to the next season :)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 09:29:31 AM by Guybrush Threepwood »

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2014, 10:44:36 AM »
I had put in some practice and although slow, had settled into the BMW.  Final 'fiddling' saw a PB for the qual and found myself mid pack on the grid! 
Was having a great race early on and pushed hard to hard to maintain my possie but allowed Vipergod and Wally and whomever else through!
Race 2 slipped on harder tyres with very little practice (read "no practice"), with full tank, slipped off, beleived I was off line for anyone coming up behind, but tagged Dave O... Sorry Dave O brought your race to an end...  then I ran away :(

Thanks Wally, well done GT.

Happy Xmas all and a skuper new year!
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2014, 01:07:50 PM »

Brilliant series Wally!!  :D You run an excellent show

Congrats to Guybrush n Mathew n Bird for the season podium!! Champagne spraying!!  ;D ;D ;D

I agree thanks Wally,

Merry christmas everyone.
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2014, 01:26:11 PM »
Thanks guys. Have a good Christmas.

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2014, 01:27:20 PM »
First off congrats to Guybrush on your drives this season you are too quick lol very deserving of the title i have much to learn lol! Also thanks to Wally on running a quality league, the penalty app is great i have recommended it to my mates for use, really enjoyed this season!

Was surprised with my pace this week I had not touched the game since last round and Silverstone isnt a track i enjoy much. But chipped away in the servers prac session and got the car working good so maybe i should come unprepared more often lol

race1: Rolled the dice and went with softs to try and jump guy and it kinda worked i had good pace at the start but came unstuck at the end of hanger straight trying to go around the outside of guy lol. Battled on in 5th i think trying to catch the lead pack but my tyres were shot by the last few laps so guy caught me up on the final lap where i had a moment going into t1 running wide onto the grass with my sketchy tyres leaving guy to try and avoid my moment around the outside of turn 2 somehow no idea how you missed me lol.

race2; This was a cool race, by the end of lap 1 i was 4th with freezer in the merc in front of me and Bachium in the M3 behind and we were having a great battle showcasing the strengths and weaknesses of our cars. I managed to latch onto the rear of freezer and decided to make a move into the first few turns, he defended t2 so i went the outside which put me on the inside of t3 and following me through was bachium who managed to then get a run on me on the inside of the short straight but then i also had freezer coming back on my right in the merc so we were 3 wide going into the left hander lol we survived but with positions reversed now so i had to try and chip away at bachiums m3 eventually catching him up before he pitted, so i stayed out an extra lap to get a solid in lap which was hard with freezers merc catching me up again lol. The plan worked as i came out in front after my pit stop and from there i just kept pushing to keep bachium at bay who was lapping at a similar pace. So 2nd i stayed after a intense race :)
do you even motorsports?

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2014, 01:28:41 PM »

Grats to Guy & Matthew for the season, you guys are too fast.  I hope to chat to you, Matthew, at some point, it's a shame you're not on TS! :)

Yeah i really need to get my ts working just been lazy as all i have is my sisters singstar mic which makes it awkward speaking haha
do you even motorsports?

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2014, 01:32:48 PM »
That was a good battle Matthew, I'd really like to see a replay of that "3-wide" if anyone has one. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline imperious

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2014, 02:45:22 PM »
Race 1 for me was terrible, mainly due to repeated locking up of the fronts. Fortunately Race 2 was the opposite as I
modified my braking style and as a result had a great time chasing Gwyar for about 1/2 the race.
Got alongside twice but couldn't make a pass stick from off the racing line, finished 0.19 seconds behind.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 02:54:18 PM by imperious »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal