Xtreme Gaming Network

S5R1: Lotus 49 at Monza 66 Post Race

Author Topic: S5R1: Lotus 49 at Monza 66 Post Race  (Read 17878 times)

Rolz

Re: S5R1: Lotus 49 at Monza 66 Post Race
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2015, 12:45:06 PM »
Interesting racing... starts were difficult... I always (mostly always) get a good start (too much drag practice?), but found the car in front wasn't moving... usually swung out to get around and was fine, but last race (Where I used StaanDam's setup) I get absolutely smashed when I get out to the side after Marty wasn't moving... that's racing...

Will use that config for the next race... seemed to be more to my liking over Guy's config... 2nd lap on it I got my PB with 25L loaded so would have been more competitive... also I worked out how to keep it flat bickie around that 2nd last corner before the straight.

I know ppl got ticked off because we have a no restart policy, but it's pretty rare to have red flagged on start... and then most ppl impacted would be out anyway as their cars would be too damaged to restart...

Agree also on the collisions were disproportionate to the impacts...

Rolz  ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2015, 01:16:12 PM »
It wasnt me Rolz as I had 3 good starts, even in race 2 where I started in 4th I got to the lead before t1. I did lift off a bit as I saw lots of smoke in mirrors and a collision just behind me. I thought there was going to be a restart then and backed off which Bird took advantage of that race.

Race 3 Bird got a slow start and you went around him but then slowed maybe missed a gear. Your car then went back to the left a little and the guy behind you hit you and then it all went nuts.

Regarding restarts either way is fine for me but not having restarts should improve the starts over time. If guys regularly get smashed up off the line they will need to drive with some more care to avoid wrecking their cars. I have been getting used to starting in public servers so id rather lose a spot then have a collision and get taken out or damaged.

Sure if I get a chance and a clear gap I will take it but I have been taken out multiple times by people in the past when I have done nothing wrong but they just havent left enough room. At monza especially being 2nd or 3rd but close is not a huge deal, even a good lap in the lead you could lose your spot and a tiny error out of the second lesbo at any point would normally cost a position.

With the racing we had up front the leader was a sitting duck quite often with no real defense going inside or outside youd still get easily passed. I went from 1st to 3rd once and from 3rd to first another time on the front straight so why take a big risk on a pass when you know you can easily enough get it done closer to the end where the points are handed out.  The only points handed out at t1 are penalties so those are best avoided.  ;D

Rolz

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2015, 01:30:44 PM »
It wasnt me Rolz as I had 3 good starts, even in race 2 where I started in 4th I got to the lead before t1. I did lift off a bit as I saw lots of smoke in mirrors and a collision just behind me. I thought there was going to be a restart then and backed off which Bird took advantage of that race.

Race 3 Bird got a slow start and you went around him but then slowed maybe missed a gear. Your car then went back to the left a little and the guy behind you hit you and then it all went nuts.

ok sorry for the incorrect accusation!  :P

yeah I think the starting grid probably is a bit tight, but if it's designed for 1966 then they didn't really factor much safety in anyway  :P

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2015, 01:46:34 PM »
Yes, it was me.  I always make slow starts - old reflexes. Sorry, this won't improve. :)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2015, 03:23:06 PM »

was pretty fun,  but on the restarts , you cant tell me if that was real life there would not have been a restart.
Safety car for about 3 hours ;)

LOL  ;D true
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Bafs17

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2015, 05:45:53 PM »
Rolz I'm pretty sure it was me that hit you at the start of race 3. Haven't got the replay but from memory we both had a good start but then I wasn't able to slow down fast enough causing the chaos for the rest.  :-[

I don't think the hit was enough to make you fish-tail the way you did but that's for a future patch to fix I hope. Sorry m8  :(

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2015, 10:01:11 PM »
Regarding restarts either way is fine for me but not having restarts should improve the starts over time. If guys regularly get smashed up off the line they will need to drive with some more care to avoid wrecking their cars. I have been getting used to starting in public servers so id rather lose a spot then have a collision and get taken out or damaged.

This.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2015, 05:21:42 PM »
And Bacchulum, I didn't look at the replay of when I hit you. Maybe I was hit from behind and ricocheted into you - I don't know. It was a weird collision.
The replay shows that's exactly what happened.
GORGAK got into you which in turn sent you into me, but we all entered Curva Grande in the same order as pre-Parabolica. ;)
That was a fun race for a while Wally, slipstreaming each other back through the pack.
(until you got Rolz and let me get away 8))

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2015, 06:34:08 PM »
And Bacchulum, I didn't look at the replay of when I hit you. Maybe I was hit from behind and ricocheted into you - I don't know. It was a weird collision.
The replay shows that's exactly what happened.
GORGAK got into you which in turn sent you into me, but we all entered Curva Grande in the same order as pre-Parabolica. ;)
That was a fun race for a while Wally, slipstreaming each other back through the pack.
(until you got Rolz and let me get away 8))

It was good. Great fun :)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal