Xtreme Gaming Network

S5R4: Lotus 98T at Imola

Author Topic: S5R4: Lotus 98T at Imola  (Read 33774 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S5R4: Lotus 98T at Imola
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2015, 09:34:31 PM »
This car is a beast,what a piece of engineering.Racing in this car you got to be ,crazy and fit no question....could you immaginig racing Alain Prost at imola for 90 min???  :o :o :o

I love the new racing formula Wally,fantastic!!  Thing is I have to find out how to pit for fuel and tyres with AC...LOL   :-* :-* :-*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotus_98T

It's quite easy. You just drive into pits and stop in the big white box you'll see in your pit bay. Then a pop-up window appears where you can click on fuel and tyres if you want to change them, repair if you want it, then click a big tick button. Wait, then go! You can only practice it in online race mode - maybe try it on the practice server in a race session.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2015, 09:35:42 PM »
Very handy to push "0" to pass someone or to defend position :'(

thx wally !!  I will try later on the server ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2015, 09:36:42 PM »
This car is a beast
I agree... a completely untamed wild beast at that!!

Things to look out for...
The turbo boost is mapped to the number keys for those that didn't know... and as I found out, this extends to when you are naming a set that you want to save, eg I saved a set as 'StanDaam01' and then when I left the pits my boost was on 10% (from the '1' in the name I presume). Had me scratching my head for a while on that one... now I just scratch other areas. I'm unsure how to run the boost yet, if I leave it on 100% my motor only goes for a few laps...  :P

I found that pretty much 70% is the max sustainable boost for your engine.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2015, 10:29:53 PM »
Cheers Wally!!  :D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2015, 07:59:30 AM »
Although I don't think I ever blew my engine at 100%. It flashes red every gear change, but still lasts quite a while, but I don't think I'm going to risk it, other than in qually. What the hell, virtual motors are cheap, let's blow a dozen up.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2015, 02:34:30 PM »
Although I don't think I ever blew my engine at 100%. It flashes red every gear change, but still lasts quite a while, but I don't think I'm going to risk it, other than in qually. What the hell, virtual motors are cheap, let's blow a dozen up.
I think the trick to this car is keeping the revs up and on boost as its pretty sluggish down low!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2015, 02:44:31 PM »
Doing some practice starts wouldnt be a bad idea, I had this combo up on a public server a few weeks ago quite fun. Lots of people having issues with wheel spin off the line.

The boost is a nice extra bit of strategy, it can easily do a qualy lap at 100% boost during the race you can play around with this and try to keep the engine just alive as you finish. If the engine is still brand new it means you didnt use enough of it during the race.

With pitstops jump on the practice server and do a couple as the interface is a little clunky amd you can save yourself a couple seconds just by being familiar with it.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2015, 03:29:52 PM »
This car is a beast,what a piece of engineering.Racing in this car you got to be ,crazy and fit no question....could you immaginig racing Alain Prost at imola for 90 min???  :o :o :o

I love the new racing formula Wally,fantastic!!  Thing is I have to find out how to pit for fuel and tyres with AC...LOL   :-* :-* :-*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotus_98T

Tried a couples of pit stops during a race today and I loved it 8)  noice!!

It's quite easy. You just drive into pits and stop in the big white box you'll see in your pit bay. Then a pop-up window appears where you can click on fuel and tyres if you want to change them, repair if you want it, then click a big tick button. Wait, then go! You can only practice it in online race mode - maybe try it on the practice server in a race session.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2015, 05:39:51 PM »
We need a whole season in these cars Wally, they're so much fun! ;D ;D ;D

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2015, 07:03:28 PM »
We need a whole season in these cars Wally, they're so much fun! ;D ;D ;D

They're intriguing actually, aren't they. Boost decisions, the handling, turbo madness...

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2015, 08:20:41 PM »
Does anyone know if you can map boost to buttons on the steering wheel?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2015, 08:34:54 AM »
Does anyone know if you can map boost to buttons on the steering wheel?
You probably have to go via third party software to map buttons to keystrokes. It would be nice to have a Boost Up and Down buttons.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2015, 09:59:22 AM »
That would be very nice, my keyboard is inaccessible while driving. >:(

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2015, 10:54:50 AM »
What kind of downforce are you guys trying? I've gone in the 8/10 kind of range so far. I think in the long run, it's going to be more important to keep the car on the track.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2015, 10:57:22 AM »
I'm just about to start working on a setup.  Hopefully will have something posted soon :)  I'll jump in practice server if anyone wants to join.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal