Xtreme Gaming Network

T500RS

Author Topic: T500RS  (Read 31692 times)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Re: T500RS
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2016, 02:49:33 PM »
The challenge with these sort of upgrades is to not end up spending nearly as much as a new thingy!!

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2016, 02:52:58 PM »
Yeah. I don't really need it, the G27 is fine, but I have money burning a hole in my pocket, and I'm curious what the 300RS would feel like to use.

Maybe I'll wait until November and get those new Fanatec pedals first, then maybe the wheel after that. That way I don't need to faff around with adapters either.

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2016, 03:31:24 PM »
I've always been told that a pedal upgrade should always be the first thing to go for. Mine are absolutely knackered. Next year I'm going to start from scratch and replace everything.  ;D

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2016, 06:40:03 PM »
I've always been told that a pedal upgrade should always be the first thing to go for. Mine are absolutely knackered. Next year I'm going to start from scratch and replace everything.  ;D

Just my opinion, but I think a pedal upgrade is the first thing if you are going from a linear resistance brake pedal to a load-cell or progressive resistance pedal.

I've got the GTEye spring in my G27 brake pedal which feels perfect for me - it's progressive resistance and I couldn't imagine a load cell feeling that much better, at least not to the point of improving my lap times.  For this reason I'd rather upgrade the wheel first as the G27 sounds like it's quite weak and lacks detail compared to the Thrustmasters or Fanatec, and when a lot of pace comes from dialing out your setup so it's unstable but corners better you need more feel around the corners so you can maintain a small amount of "slip" or sliding to help the car rotate more.  That's why in my case I think better FFB would lead to better (consistent) lap times.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2016, 06:53:17 PM »
I also have the GTEye spring in my G27 pedals and it does feel pretty good. I'm still undecided; spent quite a bit of time today reading and watching videos. Not gonna rush out and buy something like I normally do!

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2016, 07:04:12 PM »
Another happy GTEye user here! Interesting comments by Guybrush regarding the G27 wheel. It will be interesting to see if Thrustmaster deliver a cost effective direct drive wheel.

Now all we need is a game controlled clutch & h-shifter ffb system so that manual gear changes can be made to feel different in different cars. How come that hasn't been done yet?

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2016, 07:09:38 PM »
I also have the GTEye and love it. I've been reading more review today, and watching more videos. I think I'm gonna wait until the full reviews are out for the new Fanatec CSL Elite range. If I was gonna spend 700-800 anyway, maybe it's worth the few hundred extra. It does look pretty nice.

Rolz

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2016, 07:13:05 PM »
Ran GTEye in my G27 (which Ben now has) and made a huge difference.
Best cheap mod you could do...

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2016, 08:07:01 PM »
Yep, I run the Nixim mod which is the same spring really. Don't have a prob with that. They feel great. My pots are totalled. I have to spray every couple of weeks and strip the pots down every couple of months for a total overhaul. My throttle is playing up again after 2 weeks.   >:( ;D

Offline LetsTestDrive

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2016, 12:11:42 AM »
I think I'm gonna wait until the full reviews are out for the new Fanatec CSL Elite range. If I was gonna spend 700-800 anyway, maybe it's worth the few hundred extra. It does look pretty nice.

I've also been keeping an eye on this myself. Inside Sim Racing have done a good initial impression video on it and it seems amazing (minus the broken thread). Direct drive and load cell for around 1g?

With that being said Thrustmaster are releasing a direct drive wheel for Gran Turismo Sport in a few months.

Personally myself I'm thinking of doing a few cheap mods on my G27, like the spring upgrade and steering wheel adapter + new steering wheel. They say change is as good as a holiday, and a few cheap tweaks on my G27 might extend it's lifespan a bit 8)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2016, 03:41:52 PM »
Direct drive and load cell for around 1g?

Yeah pretty much decided if the reviews are good its happening. If I dont upgrade now while I have the cash from camera sale I never will.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2016, 03:43:10 PM »
Note that isn't direct drive. It is belt drive.

Offline LetsTestDrive

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2016, 03:50:16 PM »
Well damn, what do ya know, neither the CSL elite wheelbase or the Clubsport V2 wheelbase are direct drive.  :o

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2016, 03:53:05 PM »
I did think it was belt then ltd got me all confused  ;D

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2016, 05:44:12 PM »
I'd be surprised if the CSL set is available in Aus this year, but you never know.

If you could I'd give it some time to see what issues need to be ironed out.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal