Xtreme Gaming Network

TCR Australia launches online series in Assetto Corsa

Author Topic: TCR Australia launches online series in Assetto Corsa  (Read 8603 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
TCR Australia launches online series in Assetto Corsa
« on: July 26, 2020, 11:29:40 PM »
https://www.motorsport.com/gaming/news/tcr-australia-new-virtual-series/4803372/

TCR Australia will kick off an all-new TCR-dedicated virtual series just a fortnight after the ARG eSport Cup finished.    Unlike the eSport Cup, which was open to drivers from across Australian Racing Group's suite of categories, the TCR Australia SimRacing Series will only open to TCR Oz and TCR New Zealand competitors.
There will be a software switch too, with the new series to use Assetto Corsa instead of iRacing. That means a wide range of TCR cars will be available, rather than all drivers being limited to the Audi.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: TCR Australia launches online series in Assetto Corsa
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 11:39:04 PM »
Mod may soon be available to general public...

https://europe.tcr-series.com/index.php/news/item/300-hours-of-work-are-needed-to-digitalise-a-tcr-car?fbclid=IwAR2xkFIjeHXWJD9GwLTM3BLfPZTH8FD6tdJA5df6CZoK9XVvZ9kaSIq5ngs

The opening round of the TCR Europe SIM Racing series has unveiled the virtual versions of the TCR racing cars that have impressed motorsport insiders and fans alike for their realistic and detailed look.
 To enter the SIM racing arena in the best possible way, the WSC Group has appointed Italian expert Luca Ragusa who has made a stunning job in programming the homologated models and rendering the liveries of the different drivers.
 “My job consists of programming the cars for virtual racing. I start from 3D renderings realised by Lorenzo Prati of LP Design, and through a bespoke tool I work on the look and the functional behaviour. It takes about 300 hours of work to complete each model; then my partner Marco Sabbatini works on rendering the livery of each driver and it takes him 20/25 hours more per car, depending on the complexity of the decoration. The final touch is given by Tino Hartmann who adds the sound of the cars,” Ragusa explained.
 The drivers may adjust only a limited number of parameters. “During the programming I fix some features such as gearbox ratios, aerodynamic drag and suspension range, while the drivers can later set up tyre pressure, brake distribution and differential calibration.”
 In cooperation with the car manufacturers’ technical departments, Ragusa will be soon working on the 2.0 versions of the virtual TCR cars. “We will improve the graphic so that the cars will show body damage after an incident, making everything even more realistic.”
 Currently reserved for the real drivers, the TCR digital cars are already coveted by the fans, as was proved by the comments posted in live chat during the Spa races.
 “We are pleased to see that the fans loved them. All we can say to them is to be patient. Soon our cars will be available for them too,” said WSC president Marcello Lotti.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 08:57:22 PM »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2021, 07:59:24 AM »
Oh, cool!

The qualifying rules sound harsh. Zero contacts. One little bump at the start of the race and you're eliminated. Unless they allow some leeway for minor touches.

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2021, 09:41:36 AM »
No good for me as I am am slow AND have no race-craft, but a fully licensed mod for AC......... sounds awesome.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2021, 12:11:35 PM »
TCR race on the same weekends as S5000.
I hope they do the same for that. 8)

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal