Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 15 Sign Up Thread

Author Topic: Season 15 Sign Up Thread  (Read 37077 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Season 15 Sign Up Thread
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2017, 08:52:54 PM »
Wally are you going to set up the Prada server as its still on the fun cars at hockenheim.

The Praga it is.

Anyone calling it the Prada will be docked 5 championship points :)

Just realised I hadn't indicated that I am IN, but my default status is always IN.
Wally, I will be away for the first two rounds (if it starts on the 10th) but all good after that.

but...but who's  going to score the points then?    :'(

I think Im already in the negative point range for calling the season car the Prada, oops there go some more points.  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2017, 08:56:31 PM »
Wally are you going to set up the Prada server as its still on the fun cars at hockenheim.

Yeah, I will do in a bit.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2017, 11:25:06 PM »
This strange qualifying thing they do with the second race being in order of drivers' 2nd best qualifying times is quite interesting. I've coded it up and tested on some of our recent races, and it jumbles up the grid quite a bit for race 2. The pressure will be on to bank at least 2 good laps in qually.

It looks at your second best legal qual lap - i.e. lap without a cut in it - just to add a little more pressure. You won't want to be throwing qual laps away with cuts.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2017, 01:20:11 AM »
Definitely sounds like they're trying fresh different ideas with the series!

Offline Vipergod

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2017, 10:26:01 PM »
bugger it   i will have a casual go if i may Wally
Still having lag issues on a full server though

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2017, 10:43:10 PM »
bugger it   i will have a casual go if i may Wally
Still having lag issues on a full server though

When you say lag issues is this simply your framerate dropping or you noticing other cars lagging. I dont ever recall your connection having issues recently and your car has looked fine whenever Ive been around you.

If your having frame rate issues maybe play around with some display settings, one thing that can cause big frame drops is v-sync if your pc cant render above the refresh rate so it may cause extra stutters or drop frame rate in half if it falls below the displays refresh. Maybe experiment with fps caps just above your refresh rate instead of v-sync as this has less issues when the system drops a few frames in heavy traffic. It may cause some screen tearing but its either some tearing or bad fps drops.

What cpu and gpu are you using? Also what resolution and refresh rate are you playing at?

If you run a big field of AI does it also have the same issues or is it only in mp with a larger field?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2017, 07:43:41 AM »
Like Marty said, vsync can cause big issues recently in AC (behaviour changed in 1.9). I experienced big, erratic FPS drops with vsync on in the Nvidia control panel as it jumped abruptly from 60 FPS to 30 FPS. Now, I have fullscreen unticked and vsync on in AC, and no vsync in the Nvidia control panel. You could try that combination, with a big field of AI.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2017, 10:03:02 AM »
I also experienced a big FPS dropped with a recent AC update with the in game V-Sync; if you dropped below 60 it would straight away lock it at 30 making the game feel terrible. I turned off the in game V-Sync and am currently using the 'Fast' option in the nvidia control panel, which I think is quite new as I hadn't noticed it before. It just drops any additional frames your monitor can't render, so you don't get tearing and minimal input lag (apparently).  I've been running it for a while and seems good.

It's definitely not a server issue though, unless it's the lag you see when somebody joins the server as that still seems to happen due to minorating.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2017, 11:40:02 AM »
It's definitely not a server issue though, unless it's the lag you see when somebody joins the server as that still seems to happen due to minorating.

Are you seeing this in the practice server or the other pub servers? The prac server runs the old MR auth and local cache and I havent seen any join lags, this is the same for the tuesday and thursday servers.

The other XGN Marty's servers are running the new auth amd I did see some random warps last night. Some on join some when people werent even joining but I will revert these back to the old cache method to to see if thats what caused the random warps as a test.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2017, 12:03:10 PM »

Are you seeing this in the practice server or the other pub servers? The prac server runs the old MR auth and local cache and I havent seen any join lags, this is the same for the tuesday and thursday servers.

The other XGN Marty's servers are running the new auth amd I did see some random warps last night. Some on join some when people werent even joining but I will revert these back to the old cache method to to see if thats what caused the random warps as a test.

Have it on the Tuesday practice server any time someone joins

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2017, 02:09:31 PM »
Have it on the Tuesday practice server any time someone joins

This normally only happens if the local MR auth cache is off, it shouldnt happen when its running but then extra plugins being run to test the pits may be conflicting with the MR auth cache and also there have been some issues with the MR server database recently which also may have caused the issues. In all the laps practicing in the server with the f138 a couple weeks ago I never saw a single join lag, my first mp session this week though I noticed random warps but dont know what is exactly causing these as they were not only when someone was joining.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2017, 02:32:06 PM »
The pit server should be using its own ports, (the same that AC4 used), but there is a possibility it's tripping over the auth cache somehow. I don't know how ports are configured for the auth cache. But I'll turn the pit server off soon in any case.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2017, 04:32:25 PM »
The pit server should be using its own ports, (the same that AC4 used), but there is a possibility it's tripping over the auth cache somehow. I don't know how ports are configured for the auth cache. But I'll turn the pit server off soon in any case.

Still seems unlikely as the pit server was running already with the f138 when that was up on the prac server, the times Ive checked the server MR auth was working and the auth lines on all servers seem fine as I just checked. Possibly the pit server may have an auth line in it with no MR that could cause issues but I couldnt find where the server cfg is for the test server so didnt check.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2017, 04:59:21 PM »
The auth line is blank for the pit server.

Offline Vipergod

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2017, 06:41:35 PM »
What i find on our server when full is a massive stutter and slow down or jerkiness mainly in corners, its like it cannot redraw the new view (is that the right word ''redraw'' ?)
when there is 3 or 4 on server no issues at all and yes offline big field unplayable
Marty   
Processor   Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Nvidea GeForce GTX 550TI (yes old i know)
8gig ram
ingame 1920 x 1080 and maybe some other stuff maxed out (kids playing offline)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal