Xtreme Gaming Network

S16R1: Paul Ricard WTCC post-race chat

Author Topic: S16R1: Paul Ricard WTCC post-race chat  (Read 16588 times)

Offline doobs

• View Profile
Re: S16R1: Paul Ricard WTCC post-race chat
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2017, 09:34:28 AM »
Race 1: Meh
Race 2: Meh, bored, quit.

Unless I find a second or two I think this might be my race summary for the season.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2017, 10:11:14 AM »
Great races!!!!!

Qual was not very exciting, for some reasons i could not get into the 28s,disappointing because through the practice week it was  relatively easy to drive the porsche in the 28s,.
Rce 1: Great start,360 deegre eye balls rotation for a couples of laps and everything went smooth,very nOice,its a good feeling going through the starts untouched and uninjured,,,,i love it,,,,so much adrenaline!!! An oppurtunistic Wally took advantage of a little early skyrmish between me and another driver passing me beautifully.I knew i had a bit of an edge so i tried to remain calm and collected and see if wally would crack sometimes down the road but no,he did not,i tried to put more pressure in the final laps but he reacted well,also Joe was approaching faster behind me so i welcomed the chequered flag to snap a decent 10th place.

Race 2: After race one i went for a walk,i talked to my  wife and kids about my online racing carrer,i had a sip of sambuca and i sat in the porsche ...ready to race!!! Another great start with lots of adrenaline again pumping high.I found myself in 7th position and i was kind of pleased about and soon i tried to keep up with mael nith and kcender but i found this task hard,the other task now was to keep bloody jeremy and Joe at a distance,they were just behind me,so i concentrated even further on those horrible black posts(i love negotiating those Ss by the way :P :P) At this stage i could feel the sweat dripping from my forhead(humid night on the sunshine coast and i forgot the aircon) down my back,and a few times i had to use a paper towel  to clean my eyes during the straight(great commitment and great sport this racing!!!) i simply had a ball being chased this time!! Fantastic !!!  Jeremy was tough he really put pressure on me and i put pressure on him so much pressure that he cracked open lost it twice the second being that fatal we both had a ball,,,thx Joe!!! :-* :-*,.in the last lap Joe had no chances to pass me....race over 8)

I simply had a ball thx guys,all of you.I mean, getting 10th and 7th in a such tough group in such 2 hard races  is always a satisfaction,and yes before the race i gave a warning"Beware of the dogs"  here you r,,,,,,,i am a dog,i am dog that never dies,,,never....NEVER!!!!

How Jeremy cracked open...... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  and is always a huge fun and relief to watch your"enemy"  exploding  in your mirrors lololol

« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 10:15:13 AM by Simone »

MG

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2017, 12:03:10 PM »
Race 1: Meh
Race 2: Meh, bored, quit.

Unless I find a second or two I think this might be my race summary for the season.

Funny mate, great way to sum up a crap night! Just want to apologise again as my internet crashed because of the storms yesterday, still don't have any as Iam using my mobile data on my iPhone to post.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2017, 12:39:43 PM »
Yeah my 1st was ok, apart from my self-inflected wound.
The 2nd...I've lost it completely it seems.  Early on I've managed to evade all the shenanigans, but that did not last long, and afterwards it was a disaster.
Apologies to everyone I've fucked the night up for.

I'm not sure I'm a porsche driver at this point, the car is very unfriendly if you make small mistakes.  And I do - due to lack of practice.   It almost feels like I'm back to playing iRaping.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2017, 12:41:20 PM »
The 2nd...I've lost it completely it seems.  Early on I've managed to evade all the shenanigans, but that did not last long, and afterwards it was a disaster.

I'm not sure I'm a porsche driver at this point, the car is very unfriendly if you make small mistakes.  And I do - due to lack of practice.   It almost feels like I'm back to playing iRaping.

Perhaps another GT86 season. You should win for sure!

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2017, 01:03:04 PM »

Sorry to hear this Bird,i am sure you`ll be ok with some practice. Also Bird,it may be a touch of old age creeping along   :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2017, 01:25:50 PM »

I found the car to be very setup dependent. More so than other cars we've raced. Without the right setup its nearly impossible for me to stay on track.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2017, 01:31:43 PM »

I found the car to be very setup dependent. More so than other cars we've raced. Without the right setup its nearly impossible for me to stay on track.

Really? A few of us found it was no different to default. At least in times. I'm running full default.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2017, 01:36:28 PM »
Really guys???   i don`t have the handling problems you mentioned,sure this porsche is a 500 HP  4 litres 6 pistons and the wheels...spin.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2017, 01:37:55 PM »
I have changed barely anything from the default. I made it lower, that's about all.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2017, 01:52:37 PM »
Grat and Phil were both working on setups, then at the end of the evening reset to default and did PBs. I then decided to stick with default with pressures :)

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2017, 02:01:22 PM »

Really? A few of us found it was no different to default. At least in times. I'm running full default.

It must be my driving style then, which is why I did not vote for the VW beetle!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2017, 02:16:50 PM »
Setup wise there isnt heaps to change but the car can be made better over bumps, kerbs etc. I made a setup for mugello in the Rooz race but then had to change a few things to make it work here, roll bars ride height but also dropped some rear wing for race 2 and my lap times dropped off but I gained a little speed on the straights which helped add pressure to those I followed. Others seemed to be running higher start pressures I suspect then me as I was much slower earlier but then my car got to qualy pace after 4 or 5 laps and a few others did drop pace off a little later on.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2017, 02:40:12 PM »
Sorry to hear this Bird,i am sure you`ll be ok with some practice. Also Bird,it may be a touch of old age creeping along   :-[ :-[ :-[
I'm not discounting that possibility either...

Quote from: Simone
Really guys???   i don`t have the handling problems you mentioned,sure this porsche is a 500 HP  4 litres 6 pistons and the wheels...spin.
Nono, it's not that.  It's that once it starts to go, it just goes.  I can't for the life of me catch it (well, not reliably).  I did drift through a few corners yesternight, but I found I need to be able to predict what will happen, I can't react to it - it's too late by then. (like all cars in iRaping, as I mentioned)

I think it's due to the rear engine, mainly.   My 86 certainly does not do that - but the 86 is a lot more driver-friendly as a car.  It starts to go, you countersteer, ease the throttle a bit, and back you go. :)   Except in rain, that can be a lot funnier.

I've talked to a chap driving a porker at Wakefield the other week, and he said that he needs to be careful because it's very tricky to catch the rear once it goes out.  But then again, it was a 911 almost as old as me.  ;)   He said you can rent it, but I dare not to try.  I'll try the rental F430 at eastern creek before that... :D

« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 02:45:22 PM by Bird »

Offline Slow_As

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2017, 05:50:55 PM »
R1: ok start then a mistake 2nd lap, good racing with Bird and Doobs.
R2: changed brake pressure on pedals a little and seemed to overheat tyres at rear - got up to 10th. Apologies to Wally on the 1st lap nudge in to the chicane a little ambitious on my part. And at the big sweeper - I should have left more room on cold tyres. My apologies.

Otherwise - I'll have to miss Barcelona, but ill be back for Monza - 40kg penalty carries over I assume?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal