Xtreme Gaming Network

S7 R2 R1 - Monza historic 1966 - 19-01-2017

Author Topic: S7 R2 R1 - Monza historic 1966 - 19-01-2017  (Read 30467 times)

Offline gawaterman

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S7 R2 R1 - Monza historic 1966 - 19-01-2017
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2017, 10:59:50 AM »
What greeted me coming around the banking....

Think I might have caused that.
On previous laps DanielG had passed me on the low line on the banking so I thought if he can do it, so can I.
WRONG. Tried passing Unbelievable on the low line, bounced up into him and he lost it in front of DanielG. Apologies to both.
Was a much better night for me than last week, did a bit of practice yesterday arvo and starting to get a handle on the F40
Had a great dice in the early laps with DanielG and Unbelievable, then late in the race had some great laps with Wally, passing and getting re-passed several times, till on the last lap Wally got it a little sideways, I thought this is my chance and put the right foot down hard. A little too hard it seems as I got even more sideways and dropped a couple of seconds back.
Its good racing between the F40 and the GT40 as the Ferrari has a grip advantage and the Ford has a power advantage. Makes for good racing.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 11:01:58 AM by gawaterman »

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2017, 11:06:43 AM »
Are those stracker stats right and some people didn't stop?

No definitely not right, I stopped on lap 7 and changed tyres and it shows a 3.05 lap time, but then says I had a pit lane time of only .048 secs.

Yeah I figured it wasn't correct

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2017, 12:00:05 PM »
Love the idea of it, but I could hear people's frustrations on ts (from having the server being reset to accomodate the changes required to allow me in) which was raising my anxiety levels about the whole situation.
we have been all been their, there will always be a little bit of discomfort when new people arrive, but we think about it beyond the instance, we all do remember the initial learning from our experiences, it is all cool, next week will be easier, with you being able to fine tune things./
the monitoring app filters out the brainless wreckers on open servers, and is easy just to carry it over on all server, sorry I missed this off the list I sent, (along with what ever else I forgot :( )
The pitting is far different, but as was posted in this thread, the pitconfig app automates and it is simple, with multple pit strategies, this I forgot about too as i don't run the Tuesday league any more.

Luckily the good people at Australia post have my new headset waiting for me at the post office this morning so I should be able to speak for the next race. it will mean an earlier reply than via the forum if you do have any problems.

After racing rfactor for the best part of 10 years, it is hard changing but I'm slowing getting used to Assetto (except for not having 5.1 sound support via optical), it's certainly a massive step forward. What shocked me was just how volient the bumps were in the oval section of the track and there were times where the force feedback nearly ripped the wheel out of my hands which was pretty cool.

Thanks again and I'm looking forward to being a more regular competitor in the weeks to come.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2017, 12:22:57 PM »
well not sure why I wasn't at the back of the grid to start with, but let the first straight cruisy and then settled in as the tyres came good.
Saw the back of Brad often, had some good attempts in the first few laps, but judicially backed off.  Found a group of Robin, Seanus, Brad and Dez working hard on the early laps making for exciting racing.
with a pack directly infront of you, you can see just how violent the concrete banked turns were, a left over from slower and longer throw suspended cars!
One mistake, touching the grass entering the final turn saw me tippy toeing on the grass, hoping not to spin with the lack of traction, alas, it went from bad to worse, loosing a lot of time and contact.

Enjoyed the track car combo, so refreshing to see a diverse field, in vision and sound and of course strengths.  Great race, thanks all.
see you soon. 

PS happy concentration held out better, I was thankful of the limited turns and direction changes, I still had some strength left at the end, but had to exit without a "thankyou" sorry.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2017, 12:26:02 PM »
Great screen capture Wally, looked a little too exciting :)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2017, 12:34:27 PM »
Well it seems my issues are heading in the right direction.
All was good until about halfway, when I experienced about 3 or 4, one second freezes.
Luckily no-one was around as ended up in the wall on all occasions. :(

2+2=√16

Offline Seanus

• ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2017, 12:38:12 PM »
Three into one don't go sent me to back of the field at the start, so after having to qualify three times I was pretty pissed right from the get go. I calmed down and found my self in a pack of Porsches and things were looking up, as the 908 was alot slower than the other two I thought a bunch of us circulating together would make for a fun race. Not to be though as three of said Porsches ended up in the sand! So now I'm fuming, so close to rage quitting but, carry on. Went on to battle Joe but couldn't fathom why he couldn't pass me as I really wanted a tow to see if I could set a record lap time. I was double pissed when he sent me off, one from disappointment and two as I saw him coming but couldn't react quick enough to get out of the way. Found reverse in the spin and flew backwards between the Lesmos into a J-turn, sweet! After three Qualys my pit box had moved and I overshot it backwards and had to drive the wrong way out of pitlane to spin around and come back in, which actually worked although at the time I thought I had been shafted as there seemed to be no indication that refueling is happening? To add insult to injury the Porsche's fuel use is bugged,(100 litres per 100km ffs) so the pit stop took forever. So race ruined I continued on, getting tired, made two mistakes at that damnable Lesmo 2, had a quick giggle when Joe binned it late in the race and came home god knows where.

Water bridge much, apologies have been given and taken, Most disappointing is that I felt a really top race was on the cards but,there's always next week.
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2017, 01:54:26 PM »
All was good until about halfway, when I experienced about 3 or 4, one second freezes.
That's what's started happening to me too, maybe 3 or 4 weeks ago. Everything is smooth, and suddenly there's a 1 second freeze of the screen. I can't track down what might be causing it. There doesn't seem to be any sudden disk access at the time.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2017, 02:19:40 PM »
Went on to battle Joe but couldn't fathom why he couldn't pass me

I had 150kg of ballast which made it really hard to get by. I had the speed in the corners but once we hit a straight I couldn't get past.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2017, 04:03:40 PM »
That's what's started happening to me too, maybe 3 or 4 weeks ago. Everything is smooth, and suddenly there's a 1 second freeze of the screen. I can't track down what might be causing it. There doesn't seem to be any sudden disk access at the time.

I have had it a couple of times, once last night too in qual, I have spotted "steam*32.exe" doing a lot of read/writes at the time and taking a giant size chunk of cpu, may be best to have task manager open in the back ground ready.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2017, 04:07:49 PM »
Seems there can be lots of reasons for screen freezes which sucks when tracking them down. I had them when I first started AC and turned out to be Helicorsa loading images from disk.

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2017, 07:10:46 PM »
When I first started playing AC I was having freezes all the time, turned out it was something specific to my type of motherboard that could cause memory write problems if you had more than 3 sticks of RAM. Had to flash the BIOS to fix the problem... So yeah, these issues can come from anywhere  ;D

Offline UnFknBLievable

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2017, 08:07:21 PM »
Nice screenshot Wally - It was quite unpleasant seated in the GT40 going through that experience in VR!

Unfortunately after a few bumps, the pitting system is what really let me down. I spent almost 3 minutes trying to work out what was going on in the pits before I managed to refuel.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2017, 08:22:04 PM »
Do you have a video of that wally? Keen to see how the f40 got airborne:D

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2017, 09:13:53 PM »
I was behind Wally, and I think it was 3-wide that started that. :o

2+2=√16