Xtreme Gaming Network

HP Reverb G2 - 4K VR Headset/Through The Lens Video DCS World - Raw & Unedited

Author Topic: HP Reverb G2 - 4K VR Headset/Through The Lens Video DCS World - Raw & Unedited  (Read 7870 times)

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile

Run the Video at 4K.

I have previous model of this headset. I need to have a 30cm Fan blowing air across my face to stay cool . You also need a keyboard in front of you to "centre view" while tapping lft/cntrl and spacebar keys. The sim rig area also need to be very well lit so the SteamVR tracking works!!. The other downside is once you get used using VR it is very hard to go back to a flat screen. But as you can see from the video the graphics quality is near perfect.  My PC system is i7 9600k OCed to 5gig and a 2080ti and I still do not run AC at max settings. You are basically looking at running a  minumum screen resolution of 2k x 4k at a minimum of 90FPS!!! I now feel I am actually at the race track and not simracing the immersion level is so good. My IPD (Inter Pupil Distence)is 60.0 mm. I do not suffer from motion sickness and have been able to use the headset for long periods from the start. I have been using the headset since the start of this year with the only problem being a problem with headset cable which was my fault and the HP support was brilliant. .
Do I think the whole setup is worth the cost? Yes, ever cent :) :).
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 10:23:22 AM by rooshooter »
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
Very cool and very tempting .

Next purchase is a 7.1 surround sound headphone so looking forward to trying that out with the 512 channels enabled. The one I am looking at has discord integration so if someone speaks on discord it lowers the in game sound volume.

Then a handbrake (any recommendations ?) and after that if the new gpu's can handle maxed out VR at high frame rates then the temptation might just be too much to resist.

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile

Next purchase is a 7.1 surround sound headphone so looking forward to trying that out with the 512 channels enabled. The one I am looking at has discord integration so if someone speaks on discord it lowers the in game sound volume.

Then a handbrake (any recommendations ?) and after that if the new gpu's can handle maxed out VR at high frame rates then the temptation might just be too much to resist.
Make sure your audio device is set to 16/24 bit 192000 HZ studio quality.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
You can use simhub or joy2key to map a wheel/controller button to keyboard commands, perfect for resetting view. Also with Windows audio setting I think the headphones/speakers need to be capable of the specific output quality?

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile

Make sure your audio device is set to 16/24 bit 192000 HZ studio quality.

Mine is set at 16 bit 44100hz (cd quality) is that too high ?

I used the new headphones last night for for the first time having not tested it at at 256 sound channels , at 512 though i am hearing a lot more sounds than i previously was . :)

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
I think was I confused about the headphones frequency response mine are 5-40khz, however most music is 16/44 and most games/movies 24/48 I use 24/48 and I'm not sure if you'd gain much from using anything else...maybe multiples eg 24/96, but idk? I'll try the 512 thing when I get home, seems interesting.

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Human ear perceives frequencies between 20 Hz (lowest pitch) to 20 kHz (highest pitch). All sounds below 20 Hz are qualified as infrasounds, althought some animals (ex. mole-rat, or elephant) are hearing them. Similarly, all sounds above 20 kHz are qualified as ultrasounds, but their are sounds for a cat or a dog (up to 40 kHz) or for a dolphin or a bat (up to 160 kHz).

Do not confuse bit rate transfer and frequency range of what is being transferred.

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
Definitely worth a try , my new headphones are 7.1 surround , much better for hearing where cars are . But also could hear alot of extra sounds of in the distance.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile

Offline ab156

• View Profile

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
I have no idea why you would want to do this ::)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
That's what I was thinking.
Aren't they hot enough as it is? ???
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 04:42:58 PM by Bacchulum »

2+2=√16

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
That's what I was thinking.
Aren't they hot enough is it is? ???
Spot on Bacchulum.

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
REVERB G2 FRANKENFOV MOD - Drastically Improve FOV Of Your Reverb G2 - NO 3D PRINTS NEEDED!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal