Xtreme Gaming Network

S7 R5 - Monaco - 09-02-2017

Author Topic: S7 R5 - Monaco - 09-02-2017  (Read 28866 times)

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
Re: S7 R5 - Monaco - 09-02-2017
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2017, 06:56:39 PM »
i don't mind how many laps, I was just trying to make it fun for everyone who shows up
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2017, 07:00:14 PM »
i don't mind how many laps, I was just trying to make it fun for everyone who shows up
I think your idea is good, as you say hard work and requiring  max concentration.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2017, 07:11:27 PM »
A few races at 5 will probably be more fun. Otherwise will be crash central then driving around on your own for 10+ laps.

better than half the field quitting due to a crash on the first lap because the race would be pointless with 4 laps to go.

Not really. If you'd rather quit than wait 4 laps for the next race, or even just do a handful of laps on your own then why are you here.

You being the generic you, not directed at anyone.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 07:34:19 PM by Joe »

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2017, 07:57:55 PM »
Gonna miss this now actually. Wife had a day of it with the kids and wants a break.

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2017, 09:44:16 PM »
8) Results :o
well done UnFknBLievable on the clean sweep,  lots of pace this we and was unbeatable

Wally still holds a slender lead in the championship 

http://52.65.162.16:50041/championship?event_id=15

http://52.65.162.16:50041/sessiondetails?sessionid=11861

http://52.65.162.16:50041/sessiondetails?sessionid=11862

http://52.65.162.16:50041/sessiondetails?sessionid=11865#

The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2017, 10:10:33 PM »
Race 1 was excellent fun, first chasing Bruce and then the epic chase of Gwyar. Very clean racing.

Race 2 was a bit of a balls up, what with starting from the back, having to pit for fuel, being spun a couple of times by Seanus, and also ricocheting off the wall into Shameless. I actually had some genuine passing opportunities in that race, passing Shameless about 3 times and rooshooter about twice, so that was fun :)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2017, 10:11:51 PM »
Not really. If you'd rather quit than wait 4 laps for the next race, or even just do a handful of laps on your own then why are you here.

Well personally I quit in the 2nd race tonight after 2 or 3 restarts because of the same few people binning it in turn one and then being forced into the wall a couple of turns later we finally had a relatively almost clean-ish start.

I do find it funny how the same people seem to be the ones complaining about crashes happening in the first turn every other race. I wonder if any of them stop to think about why they seem to always be the ones involved in those crashes?

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2017, 10:29:46 PM »
I agree race 1 was pretty good, I just got interrupted by a lady trying to talk to me while I was in the middle of racing so my lap times were shocking for a few laps. Phil was getting impatient trying to pass me.

Race 2.  THREE RESTARTS - honestly? what part of turn 1 take it easy aren't people getting?  I see bradc side tap phil, seanus punt gawaterman and block the track for 1/3rd the grid.. How damn hard it is it to ease off the brakes and not rev so high until you're all around turn 1.  I see one person quit the race because of it.  I'm getting tired of being polite on the race track when I am constantly having my race ruined by people making stupid desperate mistakes.. general mistakes I can forgive. Where's the due care or is this a free for all?  The main idea of the videos is to promote XGN and this is not promotional material.

Seanus and I had a battle side by side in some corners and it was clean until he hit a wall and spun, that was the only good thing in the race (not him spinning). But then I pull over to give Seanus room a lap or so later and get forced into a wall for doing the right thing. Won't be doing that again.  Wally unfortunately tapped the wall which spun me on the 2nd to last lap at T1.
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2017, 10:36:25 PM »

Well personally I quit in the 2nd race tonight after 2 or 3 restarts because of the same few people binning it in turn one and then being forced into the wall a couple of turns later we finally had a relatively almost clean-ish start.

I do find it funny how the same people seem to be the ones complaining about crashes happening in the first turn every other race. I wonder if any of them stop to think about why they seem to always be the ones involved in those crashes?

It's not fun for anyone in the back 1/3rd of the grid. We generally don't get much of a choice whether to be involved or not when there's nowhere to go and you get shafted from behind because someone didn't brake, or you just have to wait until everyone clears room so you can continue.
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2017, 11:06:09 PM »
Interesting but enjoyable races. Race 2 I probably contributed to the restarts as I was struggling to get off the line.  pretty lonely race two when it finally got underway with only managing to hold the eventual winner up for a couple of corners... you had some shocking pace UnFknBLievable, almost unbelievable  ;D

Offline UnFknBLievable

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2017, 12:01:32 AM »
Cheers everyone for the race, Tight track and almost blind into some corners.

I'm chuffed I bagged a 1.49.8 - Don't drive it like you own it, drive it like you stole it! lol

3 restarts in the second race, bit annoying knowing how tight the track is. Granted I got off the line quickly to get mid field from near last and scraped through most of the carnage.

till next week :)

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2017, 07:12:53 AM »

+1
Sorry I was the final straw in Race 2 AJ.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2017, 09:08:16 AM »

+1
Sorry I was the final straw in Race 2 AJ.

Nah you're alright mate. That was obviously an honest mistake :)

Offline Seanus

• ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2017, 12:30:05 PM »
...being spun a couple of times by Seanus...

Yeah, the first one was my fault, just caught you too quickly as you were stuck behind someone else, sorry about that.

Second one, I was very dissapointed I wasn't given some racing room but again, sorry for punting you off.
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Seanus

• ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2017, 12:32:58 PM »
...seanus punt gawaterman and block the track...(sic)

gawaterman had already had contact which sent him into me.
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal