Xtreme Gaming Network

S15R5: Red Bull Ring Post Race Chat

Author Topic: S15R5: Red Bull Ring Post Race Chat  (Read 15343 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S15R5: Red Bull Ring Post Race Chat
« on: February 07, 2017, 10:17:51 PM »
RACE RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS

Penalties
Race 1: Bacchulum ran into the back of Seanus at turn 2 and turned him around, 45 kg penalty.
Race 2: Clean opening lap, no penalties.

Round Points
Matthew111    66 (+45 kg)
Joe    63 (+30 kg)
Diehard    59 (+15 kg)
Keith    58
Seanus    54
Phil.8    52 (-45 kg)
Simone    52
Freezer    50
RussG    44
Wally    43
Mael    42
ab156    41
AJ    41
Rob    40
Chap111    40
Bafs17    38
nith    32
Shameless    31
Doobs    30
Grat    26
Bacchulum    26

Congratulations on Matthew111 for the two poles, two wins and the overall round win!

Season Podium
1. Diehard, 238 (Up from 2nd)
2. Matthew111, 221 (up from 6th)
3. Joe, 218 (up from 6th)

Team Podium
1. Krahl Racing (Phil.8 and Joe), 433
1. DA Racing (Grat and Wally), 371
2. KNR Racing (RussG and Keith), 368

« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 10:57:38 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S15R5: Red Bull Ring Post Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 10:31:11 PM »

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 10:44:31 PM »
Had some fun and a few short lived battles but overall I just had no pace.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 10:55:44 PM »
Two 2nd place finishes makes it my best ever Tuesday round.

R1 the entire race 2 seconds behind Matthew. After my pit stop I was held up a little but still the gap was pretty much consistent. Hoped for a mistake from matthew but there was none.

Race 2 grat got past me early on putting me in 3rd, but after a few laps seemed to spin off on the second to last corner but sounded like a game issue? After that it was very much like race 1 with a consistant 2 second gap behind matthew. I put it a few quick ones at the end closing the gap a little but not enough.

Grat, were you running full race fuel? I saw plp say you refueled in race 1, and in race 2 you got past me pretty quick and were lapping much faster than I could with 19 laps of fuel.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 10:57:43 PM »
Had pace, but after a rear-ender, had no battles except staying out of the way. :(

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 11:00:31 PM »
Grat, were you running full race fuel? I saw plp say you refueled in race 1, and in race 2 you got past me pretty quick and were lapping much faster than I could with 19 laps of fuel.
Yes, a few people are adding fuel in their pit stops (Grat, Doobs, Bafs). Remember, you are not allowed to refuel in the pit stop - you have to carry the full race fuel at the start.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 11:08:42 PM »
Two 2nd place finishes makes it my best ever Tuesday round.

R1 the entire race 2 seconds behind Matthew. After my pit stop I was held up a little but still the gap was pretty much consistent. Hoped for a mistake from matthew but there was none.

Race 2 grat got past me early on putting me in 3rd, but after a few laps seemed to spin off on the second to last corner but sounded like a game issue? After that it was very much like race 1 with a consistant 2 second gap behind matthew. I put it a few quick ones at the end closing the gap a little but not enough.

Full race fuel. Race 1 fuel was me re-joinign the server and picking up a random amount of fuel top do a few laps with you guys.

I was pretty quick in race 2, I agree. Surprised myself. Had a tough battle with Matthew---I thought I went past him but there was a touch on the straight and i lost speed. But then a few laps later I stuffed it up (I think) and a few seconds later acs.exe crashed :(

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 11:09:36 PM »
Yes, a few people are adding fuel in their pit stops (Grat, Doobs, Bafs). Remember, you are not allowed to refuel in the pit stop - you have to carry the full race fuel at the start.
See my explanation above. I never add fuel. If I did else that in that occasion, please let me know, as it means I have a bug somewhere

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2017, 11:11:05 PM »
See my explanation above. I never add fuel. If I did else that in that occasion, please let me know, as it means I have a bug somewhere
Yes, that must have been when you rejoined.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2017, 11:12:29 PM »
Yes, that must have been when you rejoined.
Though it shows it on the wrong lap... I am very confused, Butn yes: 19 litres was what I picked when rejoined. I am pretty sure.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2017, 11:33:43 PM »
Not a great night for me. In race 1, I tagged the rear of Phil's car on the final turn on an early lap, not allowing for his slower corner with his success ballast. That turned him around, and I pulled off the track with him to redress, but we both had to wait for pretty much the entire field to pass before we could rejoin. After that I was in a lot of traffic, around Chap and AJ, and while it was fun, I felt like it was holding me up, so I pitted earlier than planned and chucked on some mediums to last to the end. After Phil came out of his stop, I was right behind him again, and chased him to the end to finish 10th.

I thought race 2 would be better, but I was wrong. The start was excellent - I jumped away off the line and gained a spot or two passing Mael before turn 1. I was in a ding dong battle behind the heavier cars of Phil and Diehard, with Freezer in chase. At the end of lap 4, I just lost the rear entering the final corner and looped the car, ending up with the nose in the armco. Again, I had to wait for the field to pass before I could rejoin, and lost 9 places. I had some very good racing again, with AJ and Chap, when on lap 15 I spun it again, all by myself and lost a few more places that I had just fought to gain. I haven't been spinning the car much at all in the earlier rounds, so this was a bit weird, but I had made a few car setup changes which might have unsettled the balance a little.

Bad luck on your game crashes, Grat - not a great round for the team.

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2017, 11:41:06 PM »
..I was in a ding dong battle behind the heavier cars of Phil and Diehard, with Freezer in chase....

:) I guess I was invisible. Perhaps explaining why you ran over my nose before the second to last corner?  :'(
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 11:46:10 PM by GzeroD »
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline keithsgillan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2017, 12:05:15 AM »
Spending a little time creating a setup offline and laying down some practice laps (more than the 5 minutes worth I usually get) I was hoping to be somewhat competitive tonight.

Although it was my best ever Qualifying result it was a little disappointing as I knew I had some more pace to boot and was hoping to slip in at least a couple of high 1:33's,

Race 1: P6 on the starting grid. Launched well and passed Phil.8 up the straight. With Grat spinning in the penultimate corner, losing my rythm, I was a little cautious into the final turn. Phil.8 and Wally came together spinning relieving me of some pressure. Mael came up for a challenge on Lap 3 which was short lived as he soldiered on. I was pretty settled in 4th place after that and found myself just circulating for a while. Then Diehard started looming up behind me but I felt I was doing enough to retain the position. Then on lap 12 I noticed I was losing pace, my accelerator pedal was malfunctioning and would only allow up to 90-95% throttle (maximum). Lap 13 I watched Diehard drive off into the distance and knew consistency was key to mitigating any further loses. Three laps to go Seanus came up on me and mounted an attacked, which I retained the position by firing it down the inside into turn 2. The last three laps I was committed to holding back Seanus and engaged some defensive driving. The only safe area was around the bends but I managed to fend him off for 5th place.

Race 2: P5 on the grid. With a decent jump off the line again it looked like Phil.8, Grat, and I were going to go through turn 1 three wide. I thought better of it and pulled out. Approaching turn 3 I was side by side with Phil.8 and we both out-braked ourselves, but I came off better taking fourth position. I caught up to the lead pack quickly but realised I was unable to execute any passes as I did not possess the pace. Having two cut tracks already from turn 1 offs in consecutive laps I dialled it back and settled in a comfort zone, not to close to the cars in front, not to close to the cars behind.

Phil.8 and Diehard started closing the gap when Phil.8 pitted. Diehard entered the pits the following lap, then I entered lap after that. Trying to minimise time in the pit I approached pit lane flat out, only to be almost put into the guard rail when the pit limiter kicked in. I was full opposite lock and ended up losing some valuable time. During the pit I unplugged and plugged my pedals to ensure there was no repeat of the malfunction in race 1. I rejoined just behind Diehard and Phil.8 scrapping away. I new I would have the fresher tyres come end of the race so I was feeling optimistic. We jostled for position lap after lap until the fresher tyres showed their strength and I started to clear them. Crossed the line with a personal best 3rd place.

Thanks for the racing tonight it was good fun clean racing :)

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2017, 12:30:42 AM »
Still battling physically with the damn weather changes I couldn't concentrate long enough to do much at all other than lap and hope for the best.  I could only manage a 1:36.5 PB.

Race 1 I made up a few spots by turn 1 only to lose them in turn 2 coming around with nowhere to go hitting a stationary car. I had a little battle with rob. But yet again once I pit the race is mostly lapping in la la land..

Race 2 again made up spots off the start and had no pace to really do much. I slid sideways 2nd to last corner and decided not to move for fear of hitting someone only to have doobs t-bone me, I didn't have enough time to warn him. Pitted a lap later, repaired, new tyres. I also for some reason did not have enough fuel by 4-5 laps so I had to do a second pit stop, I figured a splash and dash couldn't hurt me as I was already 3rd last and I lost a position and a lap down because of it with 2 laps to go.
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2017, 12:35:54 AM »
I didn't add fuel Wally, I started both races with 37 litres which was 3 or 4 more than I needed if I completed the races on the same lap as the leader.

Tyres only first race.

and in the second race I did a damage stop, and then tyres in the second stop. Pit config had no fuel and the pitstop countdown graphic only showed what I selected in pit config.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 12:48:13 AM by doobs »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal