Xtreme Gaming Network

Test server - pit stop hold delay

Author Topic: Test server - pit stop hold delay  (Read 11990 times)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Test server - pit stop hold delay
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2017, 08:01:29 PM »
Yeah, I think the hassles were from trying to join a server that was just looping in a race session.

Bacchulum, mount a PR campaign, buy some votes, spread some fake news, bribe an admin... you know how democracy works ;)
That's the catch-22 Wally.
I only have subtle influence, if I try harder it's no longer subtle. :-\

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2017, 08:13:23 PM »
With the text can it be made say white with a black outline, the issue with a single colour of text is if your car happens to be that colour it will blend in. Red I suspect may be worse in the red Ferrari's not sure about the Prada's.  ;)
For me, the timer comes up over my cockpit, but I realise that will vary from person to person. I don't think there's much control over fonts in apps other than size and colour, but I'll dig around.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2017, 10:11:47 PM »
New version in first post - this has the timer in red text with a subtle black "drop shadow" effect, which should make it quite visible on any background.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2017, 11:10:51 PM »
Tried it again, login in as admin using admin app kicked me from the server. I then joined again and used the command line to lgoin as admin again it kicked me from the server. Next join I just went to vote for session change to move it to race and this worked.

Using the latest version I did 3 stops, the first one it did nothing I pulled into the box stopped and the normal pit window opened. Pitconfig seemed disabled even though I set it to change tyres and add fuel, I clicked the normal pit button with the mouse and it did the stop as normal without pitconfig.

Next lap I came in again and this time as I stopped the red text came up with 10 and once the timer ran out my pitconfig stop worked as expected.

I pitted again on the next lap and again nothing happened like on the first stop, the idea is fine but will need to be reliable and work every stop for every person or its just going to cause more issues then it solves.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2017, 11:30:26 PM »
I made myself admin and it worked 3 times in a row. Weird you're having so many issues. The normal pit window will pop up but after your time delay the auto pitstop kicks in.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2017, 12:14:56 AM »
I made myself admin and it worked 3 times in a row. Weird you're having so many issues. The normal pit window will pop up but after your time delay the auto pitstop kicks in.

Strange how it works different for me, did it work for you on multiple pit stops. The logging as admin is an unrelated issue but Ive never had that happen in a server before so its something odd to do with the plugin.

If Thursdays are still on a fun run it may be good to give the app a try there with more people.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2017, 08:39:36 AM »

Strange how it works different for me, did it work for you on multiple pit stops. The logging as admin is an unrelated issue but Ive never had that happen in a server before so its something odd to do with the plugin.

If Thursdays are still on a fun run it may be good to give the app a try there with more people.

It's worked every time for me, on numerous connections to the server. I haven't seen a single problem. I've become admin, Joe's become admin, and it's worked for us.

I can see this in the server logs every time you become an admin (I removed IP addresses):

22:58:01.600759 Making Marty [Achilles Heels] admin
22:58:05.079676 read tcp x.x.x.x:nnnn->x.x.x.x:nnnn: wsarecv: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
22:58:05.081661 Connection is now closed for Marty [Achilles Heels]

I have no idea why becoming admin doesn't work for you. Don't become admin, and you won't have a problem ;)
I'm still looking into why you might be getting this error though.

This post of yours Marty is interesting: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/minorating-com-drivers-thread.25732/page-104#post-720745
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 08:42:52 AM by Wally »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2017, 10:28:56 AM »
I have no idea why it doesnt work for me but as Im not going to be here most of the season its not a big deal for me. I just wonder if it will work for everyone else or pick 1 or 2 random people to decide to play up with.

The admin thing I suspect its just a mutiny and when I return I would have lost full control of my servers.  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2017, 12:13:40 PM »
I'll be the only admin on Tuesdays so no biggie.

I promise to hand your server back in good working order :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2017, 09:25:52 PM »
I've got a new version of the server admin tool running the "XGN Pit Server" (now at Nurburgring), with a potential fix for the server log file problems I had. It would be good if a few people could jump on it (if you're in the entry list), and run a few laps/sessions.

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2017, 11:40:31 PM »
Did some laps Wally and all went well.. nice big red counter worked as well  ;D
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2017, 07:50:08 AM »
Did some laps Wally and all went well.. nice big red counter worked as well  ;D
Thanks Dave. There's no change to the behaviour of the counter - it's all about the server log file being written correctly so I can parse it for results, penalties, setting grid etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal