Xtreme Gaming Network

g27 pedal upgrades..anyone running them...thoughts?

Author Topic: g27 pedal upgrades..anyone running them...thoughts?  (Read 16800 times)

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
g27 pedal upgrades..anyone running them...thoughts?
« on: March 09, 2015, 08:56:55 PM »
Been looking at maybe upgrading my pedals...like the fanatecs But big money..seen a few conversions to pressure sensors on g27 looks interesting...anyone running any mods and there opinions appreciated.

Cheers wobbs

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Re: g27 pedal upgrades..anyone running them...thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 09:10:12 PM »
Do yourself a favour and get the GTEye spring mod.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 09:30:31 PM »
Yeah I run the GTeye spring as well, bit stiff at the start but used to it now (yes I have lazy feet, not lookin for too much effort, asked for a heel toe one day and they just walked away in disgust  :D)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 11:41:29 PM »
I saw that spring mod earlier, is it hard to change? Could be something I'd look into.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 12:26:32 AM »
Very easy to change.  The only annoying part is having to unscrew 200 different screws.  (ok,  maybe 12, but still).

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 03:06:50 AM »
Ah ok I'll look into guys thanks..I'm a bit weird anyway and use the clutch pedal for the brake atm, find it more natural coming from karting.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 09:49:01 AM »
Also, the GTeye matches very well with AC's Brake Gamma setting. I spent some time playing with the gamma curve until I have the pressure point on the GTeye spring matched to the in-game "locking up" pressure point. As you press the brake pedal with the GTeye spring it reaches a high pressure point where it gets very heavy. Finding that point and tuning to the in-game braking makes the experiences feel almost like a real brake pedal. By changing the gamma you can have brake locking point come on earlier or later meaning using a higher or lower brake pressure because you are using a different spring compression rate on the GTeye. Hard to explain but hope this makes sense because this is what makes the GTeye work so well in AC.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 09:51:06 AM »

Ah ok I'll look into guys thanks..I'm a bit weird anyway and use the clutch pedal for the brake atm, find it more natural coming from karting.
I assume you mean you left foot brake? I have taken the G27 pedals out of the case and mounted them upside down on a board. This allowed me to set the distance between the pedals to suit my size 14s :D

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2015, 10:20:07 AM »
Yes mate left food brake...I have big hooves too lol....yes getting to grips with the brake "feel" has been the hardest thing to get used to on AC over the last few days compared to other sims I've played,  and that's where the lap times come from the ability to brake really late into the corner and right up to the apex on certain bends...it's been a challenge. The brake gamma thing is interesting like u say if the spring kinda mimics that...they look a good price too compared to the other mods I've seen....I'm still interested in running a pressure sensor rather than a position sensor...tempted to try both with the gteye mod and a pressure sensor as I have some spare pedals from when my old wheel died.

Thanks for info gratulin, guys

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2015, 09:42:29 AM »
Here is what I did - http://www.ricmotech.com/Load_Cell_Upgrade_Kit_for_Logitech_G25_G27_Pedals_p/rmt-lc27.htm

I tried the GTeye spring initially.  The big difference is the load cell has very little pedal travel (quite hard) but works on pressure rather than pedal travel (like your car) so after a little getting used to it, its more like the real thing.
I also opted to invert my pedals into a box arrangement which conveniently removes the need to undo all those little screws in the future.
Just a sheet of 18mm board, some chequer plate and some screws.  Works well.

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2015, 12:33:35 AM »
Nice job on the pedals freezer...I was looking at the richotec actually I like the idea of a hard pedal like real race brakes...u still get good feel for trail braking?

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2015, 12:52:04 AM »
Nice job on the pedals freezer...I was looking at the richotec actually I like the idea of a hard pedal like real race brakes...u still get good feel for trail braking?
I think so.  It is very firm with only about 1cm of travel but as I say its all about pressure (like a car).
Install is pretty simple also, just had to drill one hole in the side of the red spring holders to feed out the wire.

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2015, 01:14:46 AM »
Did your lap times improve with the install?

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2015, 11:14:48 PM »
Did your lap times improve with the install?
Difficult to say . . maybe a bit.  Better brake control mainly!

Offline gawaterman

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2015, 01:19:43 PM »
If your in Sydney not a bad deal here: http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=1159659

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal