Xtreme Gaming Network

Redress

Author Topic: Redress  (Read 7113 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Redress
« on: October 08, 2014, 08:20:52 AM »
I'm seeing lots of collisions without redress. Don't forget, if you punt someone off the track by your mistake, you're expected to let that person back past as soon as safely possible.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline cramjet

• View Profile
Re: Redress
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 11:47:18 AM »
How open to interpretation is this? With my hit on Bird last night I did hold back afterwards, losing about 5 positions. Rejoined with Bird just behind and as soon as he got close to me I lifted and got off line. I reckon if I redressed immediately I'd have caused another big accident as the remainder from the t2 incident came through...I would have been in the way.

Is that sorta thing okay? Or do you strictly want us hanging on the side of the track until they turn around and get going?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 12:00:41 PM »
Its not always easy as when I got hit in race 2 I had lost about 5 or 6 places. So if Schmittez was to let me by he had to let all the others through too. I think straight after the incident he was still a few cars ahead of me as I got going. In most real race series however I think his mistake would have given him a stop go penalty and I ended up ahead of him as I passed him a couple laps later. The incident ended up costing us both the same amount of places so he didnt benefit from it.

I did see a few guys re enter track unsafely so more care must be made. In race 3 the 2 times i had spun I waited for quite a while to get a clear gap but some people I saw just jump straight back into the racing line. The full track map is very handy for track re entry and really should be used by all on the nite I think.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 12:52:00 PM »
How open to interpretation is this? With my hit on Bird last night I did hold back afterwards, losing about 5 positions. Rejoined with Bird just behind and as soon as he got close to me I lifted and got off line. I reckon if I redressed immediately I'd have caused another big accident as the remainder from the t2 incident came through...I would have been in the way.

Is that sorta thing okay? Or do you strictly want us hanging on the side of the track until they turn around and get going?

One thing is for sure; if it's not a safe place to stop/slow down, then definitely DON'T try to redress.

Usually you can keep going and redress after a few corners, if/when it's safe.  Safety is more important than the re-dressing.
I think the rule was within a lap or so.  Wally will confirm or correct me :)

Same thing applies to re-entering, do it if it's safe, only.  So you did well, sir!
If I'm off before a corner on the inside, I usually try and go past the corner and re-enter there.  On the outside it's trickier; often one has to wait for the field to pass, indeed.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 12:54:01 PM by Bird »

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 01:38:20 PM »
Just remember, redressing is not something you do to the fat girl you bought home last night drunk.
It's about being courteous and fair.
Being a back runner, I see a lot of accidents. There are racers I know will give way, there is also one or two that I know will just pull back onto the road without looking every time!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 01:49:03 PM »
It doesn't matter if you have to lose 5 spots to redress, because the guy that you hit has also had to lose 5 spots due to your mistake. As Dick said, it's an expected courtesy.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Redress
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2014, 02:19:16 PM »
I got hit a couple of times last night but ended up so far off the track that I don't think whoever hit me would have been able to find me let alone redress. Perhaps if I had sounded my horn or flashed my lights they could have found me?

An occasional redress would be nice however.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2014, 03:35:26 PM »
I hit Rob or Bruce at Gentrack and I waited for him to pass which sent me to the back of the pack.  Just part of making a mistake,  all good.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2014, 05:21:18 PM »
I was punted @ Castle Hill with no redress.
I don't know who did it but I was dead last, so that's a give away there was no redress.
Possibly, I wasn't the first hit, they may have redressed the one they hit but not the others in the concertina.

I pitted last night after hitting someone, is that good enough for a redress?
(true, it was more to do with warp :-X)

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal