Xtreme Gaming Network

S241R5 - Osterreichring 70's Race Chat

Author Topic: S241R5 - Osterreichring 70's Race Chat  (Read 8302 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S241R5 - Osterreichring 70's Race Chat
« on: October 09, 2018, 10:53:20 PM »
Joe maintains his championship lead with two 3rd places, with Kcender moving up into 2nd place with two wins, 9 points away from Joe. Other improvers on the standings were buellersdayoff (+3 places).

RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
Kcender87   58
Joe   40
Freezer   38
Bacchulum   33
buellersdayoff   33
Keith   32
killagorilla   32
ab156   26
bradc   22
Wally   21
Doobs   21
Simone   21
Rob   20
AbleArcher83   14
Mac87   14
Mael   0

Congratulations to Kcender87 on taking out pole and the two race wins, in a clean sweep.

Penalties
None.

Season Standings
1. Joe, 185
2. Kcender87, 176
3. Freezer, 161

Oct 16: Osterreich Ring 70’s (no chicane) [DOWNLOAD]
This round we are back to the usual 2 sprint format.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 10:43:08 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S241R5 - Osterreichring 70's Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 12:42:13 PM »
Season leader Joe is looking good sitting on top of the practice lap times so far, with a 1:54.067.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 01:02:15 PM »
Done a few laps last night. It's a fantastic track...great fun.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 06:21:18 PM »
Server's up.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 07:23:25 PM »
Something weird going on.
When I try to join I get a pop-up "Booking is Closed", won't let me join. :(
But there's one person on the server, and guessing from the list, it looks like me! :o
Either way, I can't join.

2+2=√16

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 10:30:14 PM »
Great nights racing for me.  Both starts were terrible as the spring I currently have in my clutch has hardly any resistance and when I drop it, it comes back off really slowly...

Race one some really close racing with Freezer and Bueller both of them getting the better of my mistakes and making some nice passes on me. A bit later Bueller went wide on the right at the bottom of the big hill allow me to get that place back. Freezer was a couple of seconds ahead but I started closing the gap. I was on a 1:53.7 closing on fast on the last corner when he lost the back end. I backed off and it looked like he was going to stay over by the barrier so I went up the inside but he came back across the track hitting me on the side and off the track but luckily I wasn't too damaged and had a big enough gap over those behind to keep 3rd.

Started 2nd in race two and again a shit start which Keith and Kcender capitalized on and went either side of me going three wide towards T1. I didn't want to play that game on lap 1 so backed off a little and settled into 4th but somewhere on that opening lap I locked up on cold tyres and went off onto the grass and had to let a whole group of people by to rejoin safely somewhere around 7th or 8th. Not too long after Mael went off and I only just slipped by but think he got Wally. It looked like he had a tag from AB but I was further back so not 100% sure. From there I had a great race and made it all the way back up to 3rd. I didn't think I was going to get Bacculum as he's always so damn consistent but I did on the second to last lap when it looked like he got a little loose on the right at the bottom of the hill.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2018, 10:45:22 PM »
Results are up in the first post.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2018, 10:53:45 PM »
I'm off the pace a bit too much, I think. I'll have to have my engineers go over my car setup. Or fire my engineers. It's never the driver's fault.

Race 1 was OK. I got a bit baulked at the start behind Simone who got away slowly, but I just held back a bit without trying any heroics, trying to keep it clean. I settled into a reasonable (but slow) rhythm, with Simone making a good pass on me after several laps of chasing and then slowly pulling away. I managed to just bring it home 0.15 secs in front of Brad.

Race 2 started OK, feeling good, but then on only lap 2 I had the misfortune of being unable to avoid Mael who had spun by himself on the right hander at the bottom of the hill half way through the lap, and bounced off the barrier. I almost missed him by veering to the right, but he just clipped me, and spun me into the barrier, where I ended up facing backwards, against the barrier, nose to nose with Mael's car. I had a little damage which made me unable to hit the same RPM in 5th gear, going by what the engine was sounding like. From there it was a lonely race, only gained a few spots from other's misfortunes.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 11:13:29 PM by Wally »

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2018, 11:05:35 PM »
Didn't qualify as good as I had hoped starting in 6th but still okay.
Got away cleanly and got to 4th on the first lap behind Joe.  From there I pressured him as much as I could and after
a handful of laps he slipped wide a bit and I was through.  Bueller then kept Joe busy for a bit allowing me to hold the gap in front, but then
it went pear shaped when I slipped into the barrier on the last bend dropping to 7th when is where I stayed.
Race two was again starting in 6th and again a decent opening stint saw me in 3rd behind Bueller.  Much like race one some continued
pressure eventually saw a slip and I was through to 2nd.  I had no chance of catching kcender saw just kept it clean until the end.
With the  exception of one silly mistake it was a pretty good night!

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2018, 12:11:54 AM »
Awesome first race minimal mistakes, real close racing with freezer and Joe. At one stage for almost a full lap (it seemed like) the two of them were side by side and I couldn't get past, awesome racing guys. Finished 4th great result for me for a change.
So...that meant I was on pole for second race, not realising it until on the grid, overwhelming last minute pressure lol. Got a clean start and looked all clear in helicorsa so I shot across towards the apex into turn one but I think I caught someone out a bit by doing so, very sorry and glad there wasn't a major. Calmness I had in the first race was no longer there and started to make a few minor mistakes drifting wide into barriers a few times, also missing gears didn't help. The car damage was yellow front, left, rear, engine and gearbox. Another off track adventure end of the back straight with bacchulum (sorry) right on my rear bumper, I'm glad that one also didn't end bad but I lost more places. Then, when the race timer says two laps to go, race engineer says you're running on fumes. With a bit of a buffer I backed off trying to save fuel and maintain position, 6th.
Excellent first race, shocker second race (driving wise) but good fun thanks guys.

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2018, 10:24:23 AM »
Mixed night for me, but I was pretty happy with it.

Daylight savings does my head in. I arrived at practice with about 5 minutes to go, which doesn't suit me at all as I like to have at least half an hour to settle in and used most of the qualifying to get there......sort of.

Race 1: I went backwards from the start and realised my gearing wasn't good enough (mental note for race two). Determined not to lose every position that I found myself in I tried to stay on the outside of the fast left-hander at the back of the circuit, didn't stay on the track and beat my car up on the wall which smashed my windscreen. The rest of the race was difficult and I came virtually last after running out of fuel, and coasting to the finish line. (Mental note: add two litres of fuel)

Race 2: Changed gearing, added fuel and started in 15th. The start wasn't great, but it was okay and I didn't go backwards. The race looked like it was going to be a lot better than race one because I wasn't getting passed at the end of the straights which was the main problem in race one.
A few spots were gained when Wally had his unfortunate incident, and I drove really well to catch and pass Rob, bradc and eventually ab156 (whose car looked a little worse for wear) on the last lap to finish 7th. I didn't get time to savour it because I had a blue screen about 2 seconds after I crossed the line. I'm glad it held off until I'd crossed the finish line. :)

I enjoyed it, thanks blokes.

Offline Ablearcher83

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2018, 12:44:40 PM »
Well I had a all right sorta night.

Technical - number 2 son had his headphone/mic pluging to rig, so no discord in VR I didnt work this out till after the race. On that note I'm not liking VR at the moment, might go back to screens, not that would make me faster.  :o

R1 Highlight was a good battle with bradc lasted about 5 laps till we came together and both ran wide, I waited till bradc passed and I rejoined. Looked at the fuel gauge and had 0lt left, so coasted to the pits. Pulling up at the pit box I stabed the brake a bit hard and came to a stop a bee's dick out of the box and unable to move. Had to teleport back to the pits with the normal penelty. :-\

Second race started well but got caught up with mae's off at the top of the track on lap 2. Back to the rear of the field I go managed to get passed mac87 and was chasing Simone but could not get close enough to make it interesting. I was pushing hard through the kink on the main straight, really trying to make some ground on simone and I ran just a poofteenth off the track found the wall and really broke the steering of the car. Made the pits and had a long mechical interlude, got back out for a very lonley final few laps.

Could have had a better result in both races but lack of prep pre race let me down in the first and trying too hard in the second. Made some points and had a blast fighting bradc in the first race so better than a rage quit.
Intoxicated by the exubrance of my own verlocity

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2018, 09:54:43 PM »
A good night gaming online!!  Nice races!!!   Huge battle with Wally and then in the 2nd race with Rob,,,,very good guys!!!!  Its a shame that i am becoming an old fart though!!!!   57 years old last week....still rolling!!!  rolling????????

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2018, 10:40:48 PM »
A good night gaming online!!  Nice races!!!   Huge battle with Wally and then in the 2nd race with Rob,,,,very good guys!!!!  Its a shame that i am becoming an old fart though!!!!   57 years old last week....still rolling!!!  rolling? ??? ??? ?
Keep on rolling, you old fart :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal