Xtreme Gaming Network

Mini Apps HUD

Author Topic: Mini Apps HUD  (Read 19473 times)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Mini Apps HUD
« on: August 10, 2014, 09:34:20 AM »
Hi all.

I've been using this app as an on screen display in AC.  It's fantastic.

It takes up very little real estate, is customizable and tells you everything you need to know including your delta from your PB, not just your session best.

It's actually a package of four apps, but I ony find I needed the "Stats Bar Plus" app and left the others.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/mini-apps-v3-1.1018/
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 09:37:51 AM by Guybrush Threepwood »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Mini Apps HUD
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 10:16:38 AM »
Very nice.

Why does the little "switch delta mode" button flicker between green and red when I'm showing delta to PB, even if I'm slower than my PB? Is that the delta to my session best?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 10:22:22 AM »
That button changes during the lap if you are gaining or losing time on your PB.  So you might be slower than your PB but the button shows if you are clawing time back or losing more time.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 10:36:03 AM »
But it doesn't seem to gel with the actual time display. E.g. the time delta (to my PB) might be showing "-0.25" in red all the way, but that little light still flickers red and green.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline insomniac

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 10:46:57 AM »
Yep I'll give this a go along OV1 info... the time definitely will come in handy haha

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 11:45:33 AM »
But it doesn't seem to gel with the actual time display. E.g. the time delta (to my PB) might be showing "-0.25" in red all the way, but that little light still flickers red and green.

Which track were you trying it on?  The only track it hasn't really worked properly for me is Tsukuba - that was just the dynamic representation during the lap.  The results at the end of each lap were accurate.

The text should be green if you are bettering your PB (-0.25) and red if you are slower than your PB (+0.25).  The text can still be red or green and the light can change between red or green if you are catching up or slowing down.  Just check that you have set the delta to "Delta PB" and not "Delta B".  Also keep in mind that it can only measure against your PB set with the app running, so it won't measure against PB's before the app was downloaded.

Hope that helps.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2014, 01:27:22 PM »
Funny thing is I used this app ages ago and it was the only one then that did delta to PB, surprised nobody else has done that. I will get onto the guy from Dashmeter pro and see if he can add that as its the only thing id want from this app. Running SLI some apps cause issues and break it so kill fps and thats why I am running very few on screen apps these days.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2014, 03:17:41 PM »
The text can still be red or green and the light can change between red or green if you are catching up or slowing down.
Yeah that makes sense. So the light can go green if your delta's getting better, basically.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2014, 09:45:51 PM »
OK, this app has now been fixed - so you can all breath a sigh of relief.

It's better than ever as it now tells you how many laps left in the race.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2014, 11:18:17 PM »
Good news.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2014, 08:47:53 PM »
There is a new version of this out now - v5.  It has a couple of new features including a "chat" app.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal