Xtreme Gaming Network

Thruxon Highlights Video - youtube

Author Topic: Thruxon Highlights Video - youtube  (Read 4776 times)

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
Thruxon Highlights Video - youtube
« on: October 25, 2016, 08:54:21 PM »
I spent about 3hrs last night watching the replay and for a race that people claim they had bad luck in, there was plenty of close racing battles. I picked the best of what I found and I hope its enjoyable to watch.

This was my first time recording using Nvidia Shadowplay and didn't notice until all my recordings were one that the mouse cursor shows in most of them.. I'll remember that for next time.  Fraps allows you to turn off recording of mouse cursor.  On the plus side the framerates for recording are higher than what fraps can record at.

[youtube]v2VBqekIQm8[/youtube]
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline insomniac

• View Profile
Re: Thruxon Highlights Video - youtube
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 09:58:11 PM »
Great video! Loved the camera angles used and the highlights were all there including some awesome spins and recoveries... it was all me at the start there haha

A tip on framerates etc.. what I've seen some people that record do, is to play the replay at half speed, record with fraps or shadowplay @ 30fps and then import @ 60fps into video editor to bring the speed back to normal. Also results in smoother video and you can turn the gfx effects up since it's playing at half speed.

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 10:11:12 PM »
Great video! Loved the camera angles used and the highlights were all there including some awesome spins and recoveries... it was all me at the start there haha

A tip on framerates etc.. what I've seen some people that record do, is to play the replay at half speed, record with fraps or shadowplay @ 30fps and then import @ 60fps into video editor to bring the speed back to normal. Also results in smoother video and you can turn the gfx effects up since it's playing at half speed.

Thanks.  yeah there were lots of several lap battles for position I just couldn't fit in the video.  I don't have an issue with framerates with this rig.. I'm running 4.8ghz, 16gb 3200 DDR4, GTX1080 @ 2560x1440, but recording in 1080p @50 is quite smooth.. Fraps just go down to about 40fps but I get crashes with it and have to restart the game and replay after fraps to get it to work again.. So trying shadowplay.. which does give a better and much higher framerate..    To give you an idea, on oultan park my lowest fps is 72 coming out of pits. but around the circuit 90-135fps. DOF is off but everything else is maxed to ultra.
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 11:00:46 AM »
great video, I realise now, I sure have missed seeing these. thanks again.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal